What's new

GIVEAWAY! A Heartfelt Thank You PIF: Pearl Blaze (Slightly Used)

I have a long-winded post that describes my PIF. If you can make it all the way through this post, you'll understand why I want to do this.

The PIF is a Pearl Blaze that has been used only a few times. It was purchased new from Maggard Razors in March, 2023.

Why am I doing this?

I've stated in a few places throughout these forums that I'm almost 47 years old and I've spent the majority of my life shaving poorly and incorrectly. No one ever showed me how to do it, and I suppose I never really cared to learn. The internet wasn't a thing as I started becoming of age so instructions weren't easily come by. Shaving was chore I disliked and I avoided it as often as I could, even up through the start of 2023.

This winter, I thought it might be fun to try DE shaving again. I tried it a few years ago, but failed miserably. This time, I'd get it right. Nope. I struggled mightily. Every time I went on Google to try to learn, it usually directed me here. After a month of so of lurking and struggling with my shaves, I thought I'd join. I put up a post pleading for help, not expecting much. If I didn't get responses, I'd end my attempts with DE shaving and go back to cartridges. Maybe old dogs can't be taught new tricks after all.

However, I was overwhelmed by the responses I received. Several of you fine gentleman were generous and patient with me while I figured things out and gave out more advice than I could have ever expected. There are far too many people to individually thank, but those who have helped me know who you are and will understand the spirit of this PIF.

I think I finally have my shaving craft mostly down now, and I look forward to my daily shaves. It's a pleasing part of my routine now, not a dreaded chore. I'm almost 47 years old and I finally know how to shave properly. I think.

While I was initially struggling to find my way, I made the classic rookie mistake of buying razor after razor in the hope the next one would be the one that gave me that nirvana shave. We all know how that turns out. Sigh. :a52: I was warned against this, but I....well, we live and learn.

During my journey, I discovered that I prefer open comb razors over closed comb razors, lighter ones over heavier ones, and shorter handles over longer handles.

As it turns out, the Pearl Blaze is the exact opposite of all of these. I don't particularly care for it, but it's too nice of a razor to sit in my drawer unused ad infinitum. So, it should go to home where it's loved and used. Maybe someone has a teenaged son who will cherish it as a first razor.

I can think of no better way to thank this community for the help you've given me than giving away this razor in a PIF.

To enter, reply with, "I'm in." I'll randomly pick a winner on Tuesday, May 30, 2023. We'll exchange DMs and get the shipping sorted out. The post office is inconveniently not on the way to work or anywhere else I normally drive in a regular month, so I can't promise I'll mail it out immediately on May 31, but the winner won't have to wait too terribly long.

Here are other rules for the PIF:
  1. You haven't won another PIF in the last 30 days.
  2. For shipping purposes, you must be in the Continental USA.
  3. Please don't sell it. If you find out it's not for you, I'd prefer you PIF'd it to someone else. If you feel like you must sell it for whatever reason, then please donate part of the proceeds to breast cancer research or St. Jude Children's Hospital.
  4. I will wipe the razor down with isopropyl alcohol and then wash it with Dawn dish soap, but the winner is ultimately responsible for cleaning it for themselves to their liking and health purposes. The winner understands this is a used razor.
  5. The razor is as is (see pic below). It doesn't include any blades.
Optional rule:
  1. It would be nice if the winner, although not required, donated a few blades to the Great Blade Exchange as a mini PIF.
Thank you to everyone! Good luck in the PIF and enjoy your shaves!

Jay

IMG_2158.jpg

I'm in!
@Jay21 your story sounds a lot like mine. I joined about a year ago and it has been a year of improvement and enjoyment in shaving. The experience and wisdom of the members is a tremendous help, for which I am thankful.

Top Bottom