What's new

Slantember 2019 (Used to be September) Is For Slants!

Merkur 37C + Feather (4)
4th shave this blade. No nicks or cuts. Irritation is noted. Alum says more to come. Applied ASB to accelerate recovery. 2-3 shaves with this blade is probably the limit for me.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
September sure seems to bring a lot of interesting Threads like SEptemper, Schicktemper and Slantemper & I seem to be in mood to see what it is all about and have participated in all three now. I have a few slants so today its the Razorock German 37 and it's one of my easier slants to use with some new products to try out.
Razor : RR 37 German slant
Blade: Derby Premium - new product:thumbsup:
Soap : Razorock Dead sea- new product :thumbup:
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Pre shave: Wet the face + Aloe Vera gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Dead Sea AS-new product :thumbup:+ witch hazel
Results : CCS,DFS,BbS + Alum block indicated some irritation = :wink2:
Slantemper 17- 2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Slantember all year long with me, but today Mulcuto fliptop white plastic with chrome knob and topcap.

Slantember 17

I knew this razor was going to get a run-out in Slantember. But was I ready?

Full shave - the Yaqi slant double open comb/Nacet(5). Somebody had to make an SDOC...
Aided and abetted by an Omega boar, ‘bloomed’ Williams Mug, and the Red Cross.
FD521447-6AD5-48C7-AD44-D76B9FBB46DF.jpeg

Nope, not ready. Glad to have some first aid training, because the styptic pencil alone was not going to keep me from bleeding out.

The YSDOC primly covers the blade tabs with a flange, but leaves the blade corners hanging way out there, canted into midair. I was fully aware, and STILL STABBED myself. That thing has more tentacles than Cthulhu!

Very close shave, in fact I lost some whiskers I intended to keep. The YSDOC did an excellent job on the troubling neck whorls. But it bites and I don’t forgive that.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Slantember 17

I knew this razor was going to get a run-out in Slantember. But was I ready?

Full shave - the Yaqi slant double open comb/Nacet(5). Somebody had to make an SDOC...
Aided and abetted by an Omega boar, ‘bloomed’ Williams Mug, and the Red Cross.
View attachment 1017954
Nope, not ready. Glad to have some first aid training, because the styptic pencil alone was not going to keep me from bleeding out.

The YSDOC primly covers the blade tabs with a flange, but leaves the blade corners hanging way out there, canted into midair. I was fully aware, and STILL STABBED myself. That thing has more tentacles than Cthulhu!

Very close shave, in fact I lost some whiskers I intended to keep. The YSDOC did an excellent job on the troubling neck whorls. But it bites and I don’t forgive that.
Wow -- a DOC Slant and an H.P. Lovecraft reference!!! I'm glad your first aid training kicked-in, and I'm also glad that Yaqi had sold out of this little beast by the time I got around to getting one!

Merkur 37C + Feather Hi Stainless (1)
2nd blade 1st shave. 2 nicks. Minor irritation. Applied ASB regardless. 3 passes + touch ups to DFS. Blade nicely centered and avoided the problem areas after 2nd pass. Used a very light and careful touch. Respectable shave.

Used MWF and the large Muhle synthetic brush.

Today was the 11th shave with my 39c and 3rd with a 7 O'Clock Black. The previous 8 were with a Nacet.
I am finding the Black is really touchy in the 39c, I don't think I have the skill to use that blade in that razor.

I am getting DFS shaves with the Black and 2-3 weepers per shave. BUT, I am only 3 shaves in with the current Black blade and so it should be coming into its high performance zone in the next couple of shaves.

The improved efficiency I get from the Black (for me) is negligible compared to the Nacet and with the Nacet I got 5 of 8 shaves with no irritation or weepers and 3 BBS shaves (3 of my DFS shaves were near BBS shaves).

Its looking like the Nacet may be a better choice in my 39c then the Black, but the next few shaves should tell.

Oh, and today I used Palmolive in the green tube followed up by Florida Water AS, and yes the Florida Water let me know I got weepers and a tiny bit of irritation from the 7 O'Clock Black blade.

Have a Great One!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Another Hoffritz for Wednesday. This one in the metal case was used with a UK Wilkinson Sword.
full

Wow -- a DOC Slant and an H.P. Lovecraft reference!!! I'm glad your first aid training kicked-in, and I'm also glad that Yaqi had sold out of this little beast by the time I got around to getting one!

I mislabeled the Yaqi slant as a DOC (too much DOC discussion on another thread). As the photo shows, it has an open comb cap and a mildly toothy SB baseplate. Wacky razor indeed. Here is a comparison to the PBOCS with photos:
Yaqi Slant Razor

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Another day on my journey into slant-space:

ATT Kronos S2/Astra SP (2)/Proraso Green/Nivea Sensitive Skin

Smooth, comfortable, close. I'm really liking this thing!

O.H.

Slantember 18

Shaving long after dinner. Popped my first ever Feather into the iKon B1 SS slant. Feather certainly likes to glue the blades securely to the wrapper. Arko bowl lathered with a Semogue boar completes the scenario.

Chased DFS, didn’t reach it. This razor is just too mild with any blade I’ve tried, other than a Kai. I pushed too hard, so the alum stung. I spared myself the pains of an AS. Tomorrow the Feather moves to the iKon X3. Just going to tough it out with another iKon, then Featherize some favored slants.

Merkur 37C + Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Face lather with the big Muhle Synthetic brush and MWF.

2nd shave this blade. No cuts, nicks or irritation. 3 passes + touch ups to BBS. Best shave yet with this combo. After shave sting very low.

Now, if I can conquer the first shave I would be happy. Feathers are just wicked sharp out of the wrapper.

Pondering the next blade to try. Thoughts?:001_smile

Merkur 39c_9-19-19.jpg

12th Shave this month with the 39c. 7 O'Clock Black (#4), CRS French Vetiver followed up with Stirling's Sandpiper AS. Nice 3 pass BBS. I like using a heavier scented AS with the CRS French Vetiver.

Have a Great Slanty Day Everyone!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Using the Coles once more before putting it back in the vault. Using an Astra blade, not the one shown!

Top Bottom