What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 6 | 2023

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's...

1629055022890.png

During the month of Slantember, which follows August and comes before October, shaving with slants has become somewhat of a tradition for some of us.

The Slantember tradition began in 2018. It continued in Slantember 2019, Slantember 2020, Slantember 2021, and Slantember 2022.

Please consider joining in the fun during Slantember 2022.

2-12-22.X1.Mike's.BigMo.640.JPG

I will almost certainly use my ATT X1 slant. Obviously it is not a DE razor.

AC slants are welcome.​

All slants are welcome!

1-1-21.RV-D01.X3.Vitos.640.JPG

6-25-21.FOCS.Shavemac.Vitos.640.JPG

3-15-21.Wunderbar.Mistura.Vitos.640.JPG

I'm hoping Slantember will be an excuse for many gentlemen to learn the beauty of shaving with slants. It will be a reason for other fellows to explore their slant collections.

8-13-22.RexKonsul.CK-6.SV.Horn.640.JPG

I'm planning to use all sorts of slants again this Slantember.

These are the Rex Konsul and the Fine aluminum slant.​
8-25-22.FineSlant.CanadaSS.SV.Tortoise.640.JPG

1598198374996.png

Use slants as much or as little in Slantember as you decide to use them. There are no rules. You can shave with slants as frequently or as infrequently as you like during Slantember 2022. Slantember encourages slants but nothing is required.

I might use one slant or several. I might use another DE or an injector or an AC razor or a straight if I feel like it.

Everything else - blades, soaps, brushes, splashes, etc. - is totally up for grabs. This is not a Fixed Four.

proxy.php

How many slants do you need to participate?

proxy.php

One slant is plenty, but use as many slants as you want.

upload_2018-8-20_17-0-32-png.906259

Any and all slants are welcome. If you order a slant today and use it sometime during Slantember that counts big time. Everybody wins with a slant.

proxy.php

You are invited to join the Slantember party. You can pop in for a day or a week or the whole month. Post photos or shave reports if you want to. It's all just for fun.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm in. :)

Slantember 2023
1. @Chan Eil Whiskers
2. @never-stop-learning

It's certainly okay to sign up/sign in as David and I have done, but you don't have to. No rules to this one.

I've been busy gathering together all my slants. I also had to make sure I knew what a couple of them were, as a couple or so of my slants are not marked with anything to distinguish them. Fortunately I was pretty easily able to identify all my slants. For the record, I have about fifteen slants, which is not a collection.

I'm also deciding whether I want to order one more slant - the iKon B1 slant - for Slantember. I've heard it needs a shallow angle which doesn't appeal to me. I've heard it is more efficient than my X3. On the other hand, I've found no place offering the B1 slant for sale so it may all be for nought.

I just found the head (only) for sale at Maggard's so I have to answer the other questions particularly the question of angle.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Be darned. Slant razors are a thing? Who knew? :)

I think I have one or two around here in a box. As usual I'll be dividing my time between SLANTember and SEptember. And, as another user of the ATT X1, I'll be combining them, too!

Since the Wunderbar, Superslant, Konsul, El Fantasma and X1 have pretty much emerged as the top-shelf shavers in my slant group, I'm giving some serious thought to rehoming a couple others. I'll try to get them up on the BST tout suite for anyone who may be interested.

O.H.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

I think I have one or two around here in a box. As usual I'll be dividing my time between SLANTember and SEptember. And, as another user of the ATT X1, I'll be combining them, too!

Since the Wunderbar, Superslant, Konsul, El Fantasma and X1 have pretty much emerged as the top-shelf shavers in my slant group, I'm giving some serious thought to rehoming a couple others. I'll try to get them up on the BST tout suite for anyone who may be interested.

O.H.

Just guessing: You have one or two around in a box for sure.

Any opinion on the iKon B1 slant I'm thinking about ordering? I already have the X3.

I like most of my slants, but none better than the FOCS I think. Perhaps the X1 might be better; it's another Daily Driver (for me) but so is the FOCS.

Happy shaves,

Jim

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have been almost exclusively using slants now. The more humane way to cut face whiskers :) I have the PAA El Fantasma and the FCCS. See you in Slantember.
Slants are quite possibly the laziest way to shave, and make the most gentle blade VERY effective!

I will do some slant shaving for certain in September, if someone will remind me.

FarmerTan

O.H.
Lol, I was just about to tag you my Northern friend! I knew you would be glad for any excuse to get slanted!

Old Hippie

Any opinion on the iKon B1 slant I'm thinking about ordering? I already have the X3.

It's funny, but no; I never picked one up. My memory plays tricks once in a while, but I seem to recall two things: Some people who used them said they had a tendency to be a bit nicky though not requiring quite the attention of the Wunderbar, and I also saw they were not in stock when I was motivated to check. Since there was nothing about it to generate a Meg Ryan-level "I'll have what she's having" I gave it a pass.

I like most of my slants, but none better than the FOCS I think. Perhaps the X1 might be better; it's another Daily Driver (for me) but so is the FOCS.

They're good razors. I've been getting really good shaves with the RazoRock Superslant L2OC and the Rex Konsul. Still have the Wunderbar, the ElF, the FOCS, the Fasan, Merkur 37, Shavecraft 102, X1, SSSSv4, couple others. The stable is heavily biased to the moderns, for sure.

Oh, and @FarmerTan: Remember to shave with a slant in September! You're welcome.

O.H.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’m in as well. I have the OC plate for the ATT S1 (the S2), a PAA Filament, a 37C and of course, the aforementioned ATT X1……oh, and I still have the RR SuperSlant L2++, though we haven’t fell in love yet.

OK OK, hear me out….

For some weird reason, I want to order a replacement reproduction ball end Gillette style handle from RE.

Then buy a brass 1/4-20 set screw, drill and tap the handle 1/4-20 to accept the set screw, drill the set screw and tap 4.5x0.75….

Send a FOCS head to BRG to be nickle plated….

I end up with a slant NEW…..sort of 😅

I can’t get it out of my mind…..I’m probably gonna do it.

FarmerTan

It's funny, but no; I never picked one up. My memory plays tricks once in a while, but I seem to recall two things: Some people who used them said they had a tendency to be a bit nicky though not requiring quite the attention of the Wunderbar, and I also saw they were not in stock when I was motivated to check. Since there was nothing about it to generate a Meg Ryan-level "I'll have what she's having" I gave it a pass.

They're good razors. I've been getting really good shaves with the RazoRock Superslant L2OC and the Rex Konsul. Still have the Wunderbar, the ElF, the FOCS, the Fasan, Merkur 37, Shavecraft 102, X1, SSSSv4, couple others. The stable is heavily biased to the moderns, for sure.

Oh, and @FarmerTan: Remember to shave with a slant in September! You're welcome.

O.H.
THANK YOU for mentioning the name of the razor that @matwho gave me! I couldn't remember Merkur 37 to save my life!

It really feels like cheating it is SO good.

And thanks for the reminder. Perhaps I should just keep using it so I don't need to remember. I do not believe that I have EVER had a poor shave with a slant.

Old Hippie

Lol, I was just about to tag you my Northern friend! I knew you would be glad for any excuse to get slanted!

Heh, I was busy snarkin' at you...

And getting a bit slanty is always a good idea. I'm always on the fence: do I spend all my SLANTember time with one razor or do I start doing the Heavy Metal Blade Shuffle between razors, getting out one after another and having to clean each one after use?

Well. First World problems, for sure.

O.H.

FarmerTan

OK OK, hear me out….

For some weird reason, I want to order a replacement reproduction ball end Gillette style handle from RE.

Then buy a brass 1/4-20 set screw, drill and tap the handle 1/4-20 to accept the set screw, drill the set screw and tap 4.5x0.75….

Send a FOCS head to BRG to be nickle plated….

I end up with a slant NEW…..sort of 😅

I can’t get it out of my mind…..I’m probably gonna do it.
No, my friend, you ARE going to do it. You've got it bad!

Top Bottom