Razor:
Filament Open Comb Double Slant
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Butterscotch Mistura
Soap: PdP 63
ASL: Amici
Balm: Nivea Sensitive
20231016_194140[1].jpg

Tonight's shave gets an F for Fun, as the Filament backed off a 1/4 turn is just a fun razor to shave with.

Pretty darn efficient too, with the comfort factor sneaking in and obliging more passes for an even closer shave.
I could have gotten away with one pass, but for some reason with THIS razor, I just can't stop with just one pass.

The Filament just won't stay on the sink, and using @Marco's Alternate Method for lathering PdP, the Butterscotch Mistura whipped up plenty, and I do mean plenty of slick and velvety lather. I probably spent 10 minutes just brushing, splaying, painting, and just plain face lathering before shaving. (Faceburtating?)
The Butterscotch Mistura is definitely moving up to the top of the ladder.

The Witch hazel had no sting to speak of, the Amici had a tiny bite which morphed into a luxurious glow, the Nivea balm just added to the relaxation factor.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

They are not the same, close but the Filament is a bit milder than the PBOCS. The blade feel is less also in the Filament. If you like the PBOCS you will like the Filament but they are different beasts.

Thank you very much for this reply. For some reason it escaped me when posted, I only see it just now.
The PBOCS has really grown on me lately. I don't think I will get the filament too, but I have started using the two PBOCSes that I already have for daily shaving, after several years' hiatus.

I ordered three bottles of Aftershave for Slantember. All three versions of Dapper Dan / Don Draper, the green one commonly bring the most popular. It's believed to be very much a copy of Mennen Skin Bracer.

I can't resist to put up the ads, none for the golden version, unfortunately.

Don Draper is rather known as main character from Mad Men. As Dapper Dan is owned by other owners in some countries, Don Draper has been picked as substitute name for these.

My next few bottles will be Dapper Dan.

View attachment 1717094
View attachment 1717096
These pictures are beyond cool. Thanks for sharing. Too bad there's no USA seller.

Last edited:
Top Bottom