What's new

West Coast Shaving and The Slant Surprise

This was a tricky post for me. I have read so many posts about Top end Razors, the Classics, Premium Chinese Mods of well known designs and then a few on the humble or budget offerings from some Manufacturers. Pondered over whether anyone would be interested in reading it but I thought it was worth a share. Over the last few weeks I developed a keen interest in West Coast Shaving and their product list. Have read good things about them but also saw them being bashed a couple of times over for their home brand of Razor handles and heads, even their Liberty Razor wasn't spared and this was across the internet. I loved the look of their handles and went in for the 79 S, it looked sturdy and different from the other handles I own. Over to the Razor head and the fact that they were designed by Charcoal Goods was the real deciding factor on picking up one. I was torn between the three base plates with head set for 25 USD or an OC for 13 USD. Purchase the Handle and Head as a whole razor and it is much cheaper. Unfortunately their Slant head was a stand alone but I decided to give it a shot. It is priced at 18 USD. Now my experience with slants is limited. I've been using the Razorock German Slant 37 for sometime and totally love it. Much as I'd love to try other Slants, I haven't had the opportunity to do so with the exception being the Fine Accoutrements Aluminum Slant (Loaned by a friend to me a while back). The Fine Slant was my absolute favorite.

For this shave I wasn't expecting much but a regular slant like experience. Tried out the Yaqi Velvet Rose, supposedly a homage to the Jo Malone classic. The Soap is made by Mastersoap Creations (SA) for Yaqi and if you love Tobacco and Leather, this is super awesome. I love Stirling's Haverford but this was at another level. Got a slick lather from it and I'm definitely getting a regular tub of this, the one I currently have is a sample.

I was impressed with the Razor head and its design, even better was the logo on the underside of the base plate, I think that's a cool touch. Started my shave with a tad bit of difficulty as I was trying to use it based on the two previous slants, that was my mistake. Remembered a post on B&B talking about the intuitive head design so I rode the cap letting the slope of the head to guide me and hat's when I was pleasantly surprised. The WCS Slant cuts like a knife through butter and with the Persona Comfort Coated Blade it was one mild, smooth and efficient shave. Did one pass with the grain and the second Across. A few minor touch ups on the neck and it was a BBS finish. No nicks, no cuts, no weepers and my skin feels amazing after 7 hours. I can safely skip a shave tomorrow after this.

For the price tag of 33 dollars and its amazing performance, The WCS Slant Razor Head and 79 S handle were top notch. You could just get the head alone and fix it to another SS handle you own as well. I'm sure others might love it or hate it depending on the kind of aggression or smoothness they prefer but my recommendation would be, go get it, let the cap guide you and you won't be disappointed. I will definitely pick up the three Blade set next as I loved my first experience with their home brand.

Razor Head - WCS Slant Safety Razor Head (Charcoal Goods Design) in Zinc Alloy

Head gap - 0.78mm

Weight - Unknown

Razor Handle - WCS 79 S in Stainless Steel

Handle Length - Almost 4 Inches

Handle Weight - 79 Grams.

Blade Used – Persona Comfort Coated

Blade Tab - Totally Covered

Shaving Soap – Yaqi Velvet Rose

Shaving Brush – Yaqi Timberwolf 26 MM

WCS Slant 1.jpgWCS Slant 6.jpgWCS Slant 3.jpg
WCS Slant 5.jpg

Attachments

• WCS Slant 2.jpg
    WCS Slant 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
This reads like an AI generated advertisement for the product.
I wish that was the case Buddy and then I could change my career path and get into promotions. I learnt about shaving, choosing my razors and blades and almost everything about Wet Shaving from the Members here. Since no one covered this Razor head I just thought it fair that I share my joy of using it so others could try it as I found it value for money. Besides I am really a Wet Shaving novice and have no way of paying back the community through any new content which isn't already featured here.

If you didn't like it then nae worries, will avoid sharing my new Razors and the experience of using them here. Peace Mate.

I wish that was the case Buddy and then I could change my career path and get into promotions. I learnt about shaving, choosing my razors and blades and almost everything about Wet Shaving from the Members here. Since no one covered this Razor head I just thought it fair that I share my joy of using it so others could try it as I found it value for money. Besides I am really a Wet Shaving novice and have no way of paying back the community through any new content which isn't already featured here.

If you didn't like it then nae worries, will avoid sharing my new Razors and the experience of using them here. Peace Mate.
It sounded to perfect that’s why I said AI. You have a good nack for writing

Top Bottom