What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 6 | 2023

It provided one of the best shaves I’ve given myself. Might not have to shave tomorrow, but I will!
Very nearly that exact kit (with an added shim between blade and baseplate) is one of my favourite razors. Of the three razors that I have in my "get outta here, there's a fire!" kit, that's one. The other two are the Rex Konsul and the Superslant L2OC/L3SB.

We've had some rain. Pretty soon I'll put them back in the case with the others, but for just now I'm still a wee bit nervous.

O.H.

This has been a great thread!! Thank you all for motivating me to shave almost everyday. I will put a bow on my Slantember with this wonderful Cole slant with a BRW Bull Mastiff. Thank you again gentlemen
IMG_1186.jpeg

Slantember 30 - big bold moon tonight, just past full, great to give a wink to the Man in the Moon

OCtober tomorrow so I put an SB plate under my RR Superslant cap

L3++
Nacet of uncertain vintage (now in the bin)
Omega 10065 boar
Derby stick (mixed in a touch of Grooming Dept Citrus Pre-shave)
IMG_5183.jpeg

So nice to peek into the @efsk treasure house. Wow! A font of knowledge as well.

Hasta la vista, gentlemen! Thank you all!

I dig that handle! What is it?
30 - big bold moon tonight, just past full, great to give a wink to the Man in the Moon

OCtober tomorrow so I put an SB plate under my RR Superslant cap

L3++
Nacet of uncertain vintage (now in the bin)
Omega 10065 boar
Derby stick (mixed in a touch of Grooming Dept Citrus Pre-shave)
View attachment 1725813

So nice to peek into the @efsk treasure house. Wow! A font of knowledge as well.

Hasta la vista, gentlemen! Thank you all!

My personal Slantember Wrap Up:

Shaves 29/30 days with a slant each time:

Rex Konsul- 14 shaves
Fatip Lo Storto - 8 shaves
Yaqi Slope - 6 shaves
Razorock Wunderbar - 1 shave

Been a while since I used the Fatip and rediscovered how nice it is. Will see some service again soon! Also really focused on getting my shaves with the Konsul to the next level, which I think succeeded. Thanks for organizing this fun theme month!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just wanted to pop back in and say thanks for the thread, it’s been fun this month. Found a couple of new razors in the L3++ OC and the FOCS, and got to have some fun with the PAA razors. Thanks again @Chan Eil Whiskers !!

Thank you so much for participating and for all that you contributed.

My personal Slantember Wrap Up:

Shaves 29/30 days with a slant each time:

Rex Konsul- 14 shaves
Fatip Lo Storto - 8 shaves
Yaqi Slope - 6 shaves
Razorock Wunderbar - 1 shave

Been a while since I used the Fatip and rediscovered how nice it is. Will see some service again soon! Also really focused on getting my shaves with the Konsul to the next level, which I think succeeded. Thanks for organizing this fun theme month!

I wish I liked the Konsul better and would if it had better low end. It is just not mild enough for me to enjoy shaving ATG S-N on my upper lip.

The FOCS on the other hand is the bee's knees.

I'm glad it was a successful Slantember for you. It certainly was for me. Thanks for being a part of it. I'm very glad you learned what you focused on learning.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I know I'm late to the party but I owe this thread at least one photo of the slant razors I've used this past month.

So, here it is... over 4 days late.

Front left to right:

1. ATT X1 AC Slant
2. Merkur 37C
3. ATT S1 along with the S2 base plate in front
4. RazoRock SuperSlant L2++
5. PAA Filament

RS_Slant Razors.jpg

I got in on this late too, but this thread made me pick up my old Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant again (PBOCS).
I had sort of given up on it, thinking it was too aggressive for everyday shaving for me, but I guess my technique has improved since last I used it some years ago. I have been using it continuously for everyday shaving lately, man, is it a nice razor..!! I am mostly using a Treet Black Beauty in it. Apart from being an efficient combo (aggressive slant, smooth blade), it's also a very pretty combo (white bakelite / black carbon steel).

So thank you people for the inspiration..!

I have a question, perhaps someone here will know ..:

Is Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant (PBOCS)
the same razor as the
Phoenix Filament Open Comb Double Slant ...?

If not, what's the difference ..?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I got in on this late too, but this thread made me pick up my old Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant again (PBOCS).
I had sort of given up on it, thinking it was too aggressive for everyday shaving for me, but I guess my technique has improved since last I used it some years ago. I have been using it continuously for everyday shaving lately, man, is it a nice razor..!! I am mostly using a Treet Black Beauty in it. Apart from being an efficient combo (aggressive slant, smooth blade), it's also a very pretty combo (white bakelite / black carbon steel).

So thank you people for the inspiration..!

the same razor as the

I’d like to know as well. I really like the shaves I get with the Filament. It punches above its weight class for me, at least.

the same razor as the

@frogman1821 would be the guy to answer this. Check out his posts 167 (comparison photos) and 170 above.

Just to state the obvious, the Filament is a ABS plastic, not Bakelite.

They are not the same, close but the Filament is a bit milder than the PBOCS. The blade feel is less also in the Filament. If you like the PBOCS you will like the Filament but they are different beasts.

the same razor as the

I’d like to know as well. I really like the shaves I get with the Filament. It punches above its weight class for me, at least.

Top Bottom