What's new

PBB (Phoenix Bakelite Brotherhood) for Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant lovers

There’s good diagrams about this elsewhere.
full

Plus further information on the ShaveWiki Page. :wink2:

M

member 119848

But if I could only have ONE RAZOR, it would definitely be my PB. :biggrin1:
@Cal, is the PB still your favorite?
I have been reading a lot of praise about the Fatip on the B&B forum, especially from the folks from the BOSC that find it to be their #1.
The PB is indeed rigid, manoeuvrable and effective. The fact that it´s not less than a Fatip in those regards, for some who know what they´re talking about, quite honors the PB.

@Cal, is the PB still your favorite?
:blushing: I have to admit that I've been "playing the field" somewhat Fabien.

Out of all my razors my current top three favorites are:
  1. Fatip Piccolo
  2. Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant
  3. Knockout (1945 British Bakelite)

M

member 119848

@Fabi , if I didn't know you were in Germany already, I sure would say you are a huge Texas A&M fan! :jump:
Hi @ShavePastor, sorry I missed your post!
Yes, I´m french guy living in Germany. But I love the US constitution!
A&M Texas... they look GREAT !!! Their colors would fit my den perfectly! :001_tt1:
upload_2018-6-13_19-11-28.jpeg

I'm in! This is the only pic I've got of my PAA Bakelite with a user grade FASAN Ghost (missing the end cap on the handle, 10.3 grams in weight) and my Bakelite
IMG_1199.JPG
"Dr Lay" Diagonal Slant (19.56 grams)

Recently went back to head shaving and went through a few razor/blade combos while trying to regain some lost muscle memory. Had at it last night with the Storm Trooper with a fresh Personna Red and had great results. For me the light weight provides excellent tactile feedback navigating the less than perfect landscape. Smooth hard bone is a different game than face shaving but the PBOC seems to be more than up to the task. Looking forward to the next shave, I keep rubbing and checking, it's getting close.

M

member 119848

The PBOCS is IMO one the best razors out there.
Most guys want stainless steel, brass, or titanium. I find bakelite no less attractive.

The PBOCS could be the only DE in my den, and I would remain satisfied.

Hello Gents! I've been gone awhile and now back on the forum getting caught up. I broke out my PBOCS this week after a long hiatus. I freely admit I have not given it a deserved shot and have not achieved a comfort level yet. It handles so differently than my other DE razors. I think I am dialing in on a better angle and the light pressure. Today, I stayed with just a careful and efficient WTG shave and the result was pretty DFS. I will try to stay with it for the week and see if things improve. I was considering moth-balling or selling it but I want to give it a good go. Cheers!

M

member 119848

Hello Gents! I've been gone awhile and now back on the forum getting caught up. I broke out my PBOCS this week after a long hiatus. I freely admit I have not given it a deserved shot and have not achieved a comfort level yet. It handles so differently than my other DE razors. I think I am dialing in on a better angle and the light pressure. Today, I stayed with just a careful and efficient WTG shave and the result was pretty DFS. I will try to stay with it for the week and see if things improve. I was considering moth-balling or selling it but I want to give it a good go. Cheers!
You have to give it a chance!
Mine stood at least a year without use. I have put it on Ebay and canceled the sell, threw it once in the garbage to search for it back. I even tried to break it with my hands. Love & Hate relationship as its best!
Until I clicked with it... this thing is damn good, once you know how to appreciate it.

Top Bottom