What's new

PBB (Phoenix Bakelite Brotherhood) for Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant lovers

Thank you. I bought this razor when it first was offered, tried it with a Personna Red and found it kinda rough. After reviewing this thread yesterday, I used it this morning with an Astra SP and had a very close and comfortable shave. I appreciate the advice this thread offered on choice of blade.

I'm in ... I love my slants and open combs, so the Phoenix Bakelite OC was a natural. Yes, I have a plain vintage bakelite, which being so lightweight, was a new experience and gave a good shave. So I pulled the trigger on the PBB OC and tried it out this morning, .... WOW! I got a BBS first time! For $19.95 delivered, I highly recommend to a person with a few years DE experience ... and specially for an OC & Slant user!

I am having a serious case of seller's remorse after letting my white BOCS "stormtrooper" go awhile back and PAA has been sold out of the white one for a long time now. Should I keep waiting and hoping I find a replacement "stormtrooper" or do I just buy the black "Vader" model before it sells out?

I tried getting one from PAA and searched many dealers. I Googled PAA white Bakelite slant and found one across the country from me. When I attempted to get one for a friend, even that dealer had sold out of the white version.

Black was a common vintage color for Bakelite.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I am having a serious case of seller's remorse after letting my white BOCS "stormtrooper" go awhile back and PAA has been sold out of the white one for a long time now. Should I keep waiting and hoping I find a replacement "stormtrooper" or do I just buy the black "Vader" model before it sells out?

upload_2019-2-28_7-28-29.png

Buy the available black now.

CrownKing.BayRum.Jug.Bottle.640.11-12-18.JPG

While buying there, buy Crown King Bay Rum, too.

PBOCS The Storm Trooper (meme).jpg

But the ST when it becomes available.

upload_2019-2-28_7-33-9.png

It's not like these are Wolfman prices.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 957387

Buy the available black now.

View attachment 957391

While buying there, buy Crown King Bay Rum, too.

View attachment 957388

But the ST when it becomes available.

View attachment 957395

It's not like these are Wolfman prices.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Haha, your posts always make me chuckle. I sent an email out to Fran & Doug but I'm Flordia and they are Arizona so I probably won't hear back for a few hours. If they don't expect any more of the white model in soon then I'll just get the black. They have been sold out of the ox blood for awhile too.

Oh no, horrible news ladies and gentlemen! From the horse's mouth:

"Hi Ian,
At the moment we are not sure if we will be bringing the white color back. So I have no anticipated restock date.
Thanks!"

Significant bummer.

That $20 plastic razor just became much more expensive.

Oh no, horrible news ladies and gentlemen! From the horse's mouth:

"Hi Ian,
At the moment we are not sure if we will be bringing the white color back. So I have no anticipated restock date.
Thanks!"

Significant bummer.

That $20 plastic razor just became much more expensive.

The white ones are more aggressive and smooth than the black...........lol!!!:a21:

Well I just ordered the black bocs seeing as it's the last remaining and also will probably sell out soon. Will sit nicely next to my merkur 15c. Either one should make for a nice beard off...

Just joined yesterday with my most recent mail call. I used the bakelite slant today with a Super-Max blade and had a wonderful shave, sign me up!

proxy.php

@Chan Eil Whiskers you may have inspired me to try the Atomic Bay Rum, and I love it! I'm a big fan of Grooming Dept overall. Laundry smells great, coat tails is polarizing, I like it, but my wife hates it.

Top Bottom