What's new

PBB (Phoenix Bakelite Brotherhood) for Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant lovers

What: A brotherhood for Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant (PB) owners who regularly, maybe even exclusively, enjoy shaving with their mighty 16 gram Bakelite razor.

Why: I’ve noticed an increasing number of threads where people have just discovered, and immediately loved, their new Phoenix Bakelite. So, as it’s not just me, I thought hey let’s start a brotherhood for this stellar lightweight.

Who: Anyone who loves shaving with their Phoenix Bakelite. If that’s you, please join us. Simply post a reply saying “I’m in”… and better still, tell us your PB story and post a pic of your PB too, we love pics!

Then, of course, feel free to add PBB to your signature.

upload_2017-3-9_3-11-22.png

And of course any further stories, pics, SOTDs, questions, etc are always welcome at any time during your Phoenix Bakelite romance. :thumbup1:

Let the love start here… :001_wub:

If you love your Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant (PB), join us here (in the Clubs and Brotherhoods sub-forum)! :thumbup:

If you hate your Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant (PB), PIF it to someone who would love it. :wink2:

upload_2017-3-9_3-22-51.png

Hi,

I was going to buy one, or maybe two (black and white) back when PAA was using a pic of an original Fasan DoubleSlant on their page. I presume no one there could read German....but then they changed that pic to a single slant.....

Maybe one day they will make a DS copy. I presume users of the originals don't qualify, especially if the originals are not quite the same....

Stan

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm in I like the Phoenix Bakelite well enough, and mostly think it's cool that it is a resurrection of Fasan slant. It is my favorite slant.

011.jpg

I am not in (yet) but I am watching the thread and learning! I will be dreaming of a PAA during the remainder of my time during the 2017 shave purchase sabbatical.

I am not in (yet) but I am watching the thread and learning! I will be dreaming of a PAA during the remainder of my time during the 2017 shave purchase sabbatical.
I'll continue my test of good blade pairings with the PAA Bakelite slant, and post them. So far the Astra SP works the best, and this seems to be what others find too. The PAA Bakelite Slant is a fun razor. It's not my favorite slant, that's the RazoRock Wunderbar, but that razor, when available is $130! The PAA Bakelite at under $20, is certainly a bargain, and a candidate for an ideal travel razor, and it proves you don't need a heavyweight beast to get a great, comfortable and close shave.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I have yet to try a slant. One of these days, I'll get around to it! Good luck on your new club!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'll continue my test of good blade pairings with the PAA Bakelite slant, and post them. So far the Astra SP works the best, and this seems to be what others find too. The PAA Bakelite Slant is a fun razor. It's not my favorite slant, that's the RazoRock Wunderbar, but that razor, when available is $130! The PAA Bakelite at under $20, is certainly a bargain, and a candidate for an ideal travel razor, and it proves you don't need a heavyweight beast to get a great, comfortable and close shave.
Well said.

I was going to buy one, or maybe two (black and white) back when PAA was using a pic of an original Fasan DoubleSlant on their page. I presume no one there could read German....but then they changed that pic to a single slant.....

Maybe one day they will make a DS copy. I presume users of the originals don't qualify, especially if the originals are not quite the same....
You are correct Stan. But you appear to have THE razor for you; let's face it, nothing could be better than that. :thumbup1:

This will be good for me. My very first go-to, 100 blade buy was the Astra SP and I always have plenty in my stash.

Top Bottom