Blade: German Bolzano (4)
Brush: Omega 10048 (Pro 48) Boar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam G2bu EdT Spray

Excellent shave! :cool:
20221202_094500~2.jpg

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12033410

20221203_010708.jpg

Razor: KCG
Blade: feather
Lathee: Gillette Cream
Brush : Omega 11126

I got the cream from ebay, and because of project pokemon decided to give it a go.

I think I over hydrated it, because it became a bit too sloppy to stick to my face. So single pass only.

The brush is getting better! As previously mentioned; I'm planning a shaving stick lather tomorrow. Something simple like arko, or boots.

Today's shave features an inexpensive, rather generic German boar with a gorgeous (to me) and comfortable wooden handle.

A4ECBB92-CF2D-4199-A7BF-A2E2476324CF.jpeg
RazoRock L3 Superslant / Timor (1)
tallow Tabac / boar
adidas Dynamic Pulse AS (almost got me banished from the dinner table)

And to enhance my BoarBAD cred, here is my Omega 10065/66 rotation. I visit it whenever some other brush doesn't jump the queue.
F0E7CF55-35FF-4D78-A5C7-988A4176CA12.jpeg

My first cheap drugstore boar outlasted a Gillette Techmatic, a Schick injector, and my bachelor life of a couple of decades past my first shave. It lived permanently resting on top of a puck of Williams Mug in a coffee mug. Marriage brought higher standards (the LOTH's) and the gift of a Plisson badger. B&B brought BoarBAD...

SOTD Decemboar 2nd, 2022
Last night's shave

Razor: Mühle R89 Twist
Blade: Gillette Permasharp
Brush: Omega '49
Soap: Grön Lycka Omberg
Aftershave: Mühle Aloe Vera Balsam

My first shave of the month (I generally shave every other day.) It was a fantastic shave even though it was my first shave with this brand-new Omega '49. I only applied my simple process to get the brush shave ready a few days ago. It was as soft as a silvertip from the get-go (with a great backbone of course). This brush is something special, how is this even possible :)

Grön Lycka is a fantastic soap IMHO. It's up there with MdC and SV for me. Natural ingredients, and great performance. Not getting any irritation and post shave is wonderful.

I used to have a soap rotation but realized I'm getting nowhere with any of the soaps so decided to 3017 this one soap. It was a great decision. 5th consecutive shave with the same soap already. Rotation is all good but sometimes you just want to finish something :) Have some great shaves!

IMG_20221203_154402.jpg

Decemboar 3 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Zenith Euro X (unbleached 24mm/58mm)
Soap - MWF
Razor - Personna Star head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade - Treet Classic (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Alum
AS - Old Spice

A fairly good shave with Treet Classic, but once again I picked up a weeper. I seem to get one with every time I use one of these blades, almost irrespective of which razor I use the blade with. I think I might give these particular blades an extended go, and if I can't get to grips with them I may PIF my stocks to see if someone has better luck with them than I do!

IMG_20221203_113823.jpg

DECEMBOAR, DAY 3

20221203_123338-01-01.jpeg

Semogue 1305 today. A joyful brush, though I'd wish Semogue had packed the knot a tad denser. But hey, the brush has been a gift from my kids for Father's Day, so it has a heartwarming place in my den anyway.

Enjoy your weekend shaves, y'all!

Today’s shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

Razor: Gillette New Short Comb
Blade: Bic
Soap/cream: BAUME.BE
Brush: Omega 20102 DecemBOAR!
Balm Neutrogena Hydro Boost Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid

Aftershave: Stirling Mountain Man

Stately BBS
omega.jpg

Oh, I like that red handle and love Omega Boar brushes…stocking stuffer list is getting big. Luckily my stocking is 3’ long.
Get one of them. I've said it before but I'll stick to my statement..
This brush is one of best bargains out there in the shaving world. In continental Europe it sells for less than 6 Euro, on the other side of the pond it can be had for less than a tenner (8.39 US).

If there was anything to improve with this brush, it'd be the weight of the handle. But this just might be a personal preference.

TL, DR: 👍👍 😉

v
70 brushes? Inspirational, we have much to learn from you. That's all I needed, I think I will treat myself to a few more.

Which 9-10 do you have in your rotation?
Not 70 brushes. 70 spare boar brushes. I also use synthetics sometimes and very rarely badgers.

Some models like Omega 10081 and 10099 I have 10 spares.
Current boar rotation:
Omega 10099
Omega 10018
Omega 10019
Omega 11137
Omega 11573
Omega 10810
Omega 10075
Omega 10219
Omega 11148
Omega 10072
The Shaving Factory (by Omega)
+Two Semogues that are used in very rare cases.

So, feel free to proceed. Christmas is coming. Treat yourself to a few more boars. :c1:

Top Bottom