What's new

🐽 🐷 πŸ– πŸ— DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 πŸ– πŸ—

Friday, Decemboar 2nd, another great two-pass shave today with minimal cleanup, no mishaps and very satisfying, BBS-, 10-/10, I missed one tiny spot:

Razor: Occam's Artist Club
Blade: Feather AC Pro (2)- just warming up
Lather: Stirling Varen- I love this soap base, it delivers a great lather
Brush: Omega Jade boar- it'll take more than Decemboar to fully break this brush in!
Post: cool rinse, and a splash of Barbasol Brisk AS decanted way above its pay grade :)

Have a great weekend!

PXL_20221202_182130543.PORTRAIT_2.jpg
Β 
So I've arrived at the party, but... I don't know whether I should be sad or proud. See the thing is I only have one boar brush. It's been a real champion though as I've been using it for 10+ years and it still looks pretty good. I mean if you held it in your hand you could see it's used but the brush itself functions well.

Now that I think about it, I think I'm going to go with proud. I'd rather be positive than negative. You feel me? So with that said, don't be surprised to see the same brush all month long. 😎

4DAAB4A3-DD8E-4D8C-9F52-7A86DD25B601.jpeg

Fatboy Friday / Clubman Friday / DecemBoar

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Gillette Adjustable "Fatboy" (1958 D4)
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless (D10)

Soap: Barrister & Mann 42
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegital
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

As you know, I've been on this journey of straight razor shaving, for less than I think, 10 shaves. And up until today I've only been doing with-the-grain passes, excluding the last one or two shaves where I added in an across-the-grain pass (going from the outside in). Well, today my friends I dared to go against-the-grain! Yes, you heard me correct. I pushed into new territory today.

It was fun and actually not that different than any of the other passes. You just have to keep focused and keep a steady hand. 😬

So truth be told, I only went against-the-grain on my neck. I didn't do it on my face. I'll get to it but wanted to leave some fun for the Fatboy seeing as I haven't used one in what feels like a really long time.

I whipped up some absolutely amazing lather with my Omega boar and some, new to me, Barrister & Mann 42 soap. I did this in my lovely Bluff Cove Pottery bowl. The smell of this lather was fantastic. It's definitely floral but is very pleasant and refined. I really pick up on the petunia scent. The scent profile as a whole is just great. I definitely recommend it if you're curious. I don't think you can go wrong with this one but if for some reason you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands. πŸ˜‰

All in all I did a four-pass shave. Three with the Bengall and one with the Fatboy. This resulted in a beautiful bbs finish. I'm very happy with this shave to say the least.

I then proceeded to top things off with the often controversial and never mistaken Pinaud Lilac Vegital aftershave. What can I say but "The Veg" loves me and I love it. 😎

There you have it gentlemen. Another great shave in the books.

Happy Friday everyone. Enjoy your shaves!
Β 
So I've arrived at the party, but... I don't know whether I should be sad or proud. See the thing is I only have one boar brush. It's been a real champion though as I've been using it for 10+ years and it still looks pretty good. I mean if you held it in your hand you could see it's used but the brush itself functions well.

Now that I think about it, I think I'm going to go with proud. I'd rather be positive than negative. You feel me? So with that said, don't be surprised to see the same brush all month long. 😎

View attachment 1565880

Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus

As you know, I've been on this journey of straight razor shaving, for less than I think, 10 shaves. And up until today I've only been doing with-the-grain passes, excluding the last one or two shaves where I added in an across-the-grain pass (going from the outside in). Well, today my friends I dared to go against-the-grain! Yes, you heard me correct. I pushed into new territory today.

It was fun and actually not that different than any of the other passes. You just have to keep focused and keep a steady hand. 😬

So truth be told, I only went against-the-grain on my neck. I didn't do it on my face. I'll get to it but wanted to leave some fun for the Fatboy seeing as I haven't used one in what feels like a really long time.

I whipped up some absolutely amazing lather with my Omega boar and some, new to me, Barrister & Mann 42 soap. I did this in my lovely Bluff Cove Pottery bowl. The smell of this lather was fantastic. It's definitely floral but is very pleasant and refined. I really pick up on the petunia scent. The scent profile as a whole is just great. I definitely recommend it if you're curious. I don't think you can go wrong with this one but if for some reason you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands. πŸ˜‰

All in all I did a four-pass shave. Three with the Bengall and one with the Fatboy. This resulted in a beautiful bbs finish. I'm very happy with this shave to say the least.

I then proceeded to top things off with the often controversial and never mistaken Pinaud Lilac Vegital aftershave. What can I say but "The Veg" loves me and I love it. 😎

If you've gotten 10 years out of your brush with regular use, maybe we are the ones who should be asking if we deserve to be here :scared:
Β 

View attachment 1565880

That is a great set, and you shouldn't be sad, at all! The Fatboy is one of my favorite razors, even I don't own one, because they are quite rare in Europe, and it's kind of pricey to get one from overseas.
B&M doesn't require any kind of presentations, and that boar brush must be so damn soft after 10+ years of use, that probably most of us could easily feel some kind of envy from you :001_tongu

Have a nice day!
Β 
A couple of wee ones that I'll be lathering and towel drying for a while before I use them this month. The unbleached Zenith on the right suffered some indignities when I cut it out of its original aluminum handle. I have a different handle for it on the way. The one on the left is a knot mined from an Omega and put in a Boti handle.
Image2337073456524255826.jpg
Β 
Decemboar Shave 2
View attachment 1565855
My first run with the Omega 10108. I've had it since August and broke with about 20-30 bowl lathers. It felt pretty close to the Omega Jade I used yesterday!

Ignore the schmutz on the balm that I forgot to wipe off :eek2:
Oh, I like that red handle and love Omega Boar brushes…stocking stuffer list is getting big. Luckily my stocking is 3’ long.
Β 
That is a great set, and you shouldn't be sad, at all! The Fatboy is one of my favorite razors, even I don't own one, because they are quite rare in Europe, and it's kind of pricey to get one from overseas.
B&M doesn't require any kind of presentations, and that boar brush must be so damn soft after 10+ years of use, that probably most of us could easily feel some kind of envy from you :001_tongu

Have a nice day!
Thanks for the kind words. Have a great day as well!
Β 

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm in also!

My Zenith 502BC XSE unbleached boar arrived from Yourshaving just in time! I completed the first shave with it today.
The bristles are soft right out of the box, it has the smell though but I don't care. Performed beautifully, lots of backbone and it's quite heavy. The handle looks marvelous, the picture on the website doesn't do it justice.

The brush + German Wilkie + Red Proraso + Rockwell 6C = a beautiful BBS
View attachment 1565585
I had a bleached hair wooden handle Semogue but I was disappointed in it, I have high hopes with this brush.

I'm hoping Your Shaving fixes their mistake and sends me the twin of yours.

12-2-22.Unleached.Butterscoth.Zenith.New.640.JPG

I ordered the blue and the butterscotch but received only the butterscotch.

Today I used the new unbleached. No preshave break in. Just a brief soak while I was in the shower. It performed nicely but lost a few bristles to let me know it can if it wants to.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Β 

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm hunting one of those Gillette NEW like a mad man, but in Europe they are quite rare...What's your thoughts on the razor? What could be the modern razor that you could compare it with?

I'm tempted to pick up one from USA, because every single person that I ask about it, just says that it's one of their favorite razors ever! And I do like the look of it, although I want to replate it as soon as I get one, because tipically I don't like gold stuff.

Really appreciate your insight fellow Sir!

Check out Back Roads Gold. They sometimes have replated razors for sale.
I've purchased Vintage Razors from Chris @ Back Roads Gold as well as this guy from Etsy: VintageRazorsUnite - Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageRazorsUnite?ref=usf_2020

Chris told me, he often buys razors from Vintage Razors Unite, replates them then puts them on his own site. They can work together. In other words, you can email or message Vintage Razors Unite to see if he has a razor not yet ready for sale, buy it, have it shipped to Chris for replating and Chris can send it to you.... This if neither has one you want in the condition you desire.
Β 
Top Bottom