What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Day Three “Bring me the bacon!”

Today, I used another Omega Pro Boar. It’s got a gold handle so you know it’s fancy.
I’m a huge fan of the high lofted Omega Pro Boars, they break in quickly through usage, have soft, split bristles, and whip up crazy good lathers.

The VITOS is almost finished, just a small ring around the outside of the tub. I don’t think it’ll make it through “The Squeal Sessions”.

The MicroMatic Bullet Tip “Guiding Eye” showed me the way to an excellent shave.
7BC29BB3-475B-42F5-A3D8-C3E3B2C595CC.jpeg

3DA0C221-8A3D-49EF-A97B-9FC05FC38DC7.jpeg

v

Not 70 brushes. 70 spare boar brushes. I also use synthetics sometimes and very rarely badgers.

Some models like Omega 10081 and 10099 I have 10 spares.
Current boar rotation:
Omega 10099
Omega 10018
Omega 10019
Omega 11137
Omega 11573
Omega 10810
Omega 10075
Omega 10219
Omega 11148
Omega 10072
The Shaving Factory (by Omega)
+Two Semogues that are used in very rare cases.

So, feel free to proceed. Christmas is coming. Treat yourself to a few more boars. :c1:

Thanks for the info Ivan. IMO, you should be receive royalties from Omega for promoting their brand! I have 5 boar brushes (4 Omega & 1 Zenith) in spare, which is clearly not enough. I have a few Omega brushes in my rotation, only one from your list (10075), I think it might be time to add a few more!

GRUME, day 3...Still In! 💪
DecemBOAR, day 3
SV Saturday

PXL_20221203_155221422.jpg

Feather Popular
Gillette Platinum (33)
Semogue 830
SV Manna di Sicilia
Zingariman and Hydro Boost balm-Davidoff Cool Water

On the 3rd day
Hey guys, I was looking forward to this shave. This was my first use with this soap and my first post on the SV Saturday thread.
As to the shave, the past 3 times using this blade have been a little rough. I chose the Popular because it is so mild (and efficient) and easy to use. Pre-shave and lathering was excellent but the blade was still rough. My skin was not irritated and with extra touch-ups I did achieve a DFS. I still have the blade but I see no rational reason to keep using it.

Tomorrow is Synthetic Sundays so I'll take a short break in DecemBOAR.

Take care of your self and each other.

No picture this time, as I was in a bit of a rush.

Same omega as last time, but using palmolive Classic cream.

I put a splodge in a ringing wet brush and lathered on my face.

It worked really nice. There is a bit of soreness on my cheek bones, but maybe I was pushing to hard.

Knowing that it's only going to get better is quite exciting.

Tomorrow I think I will load one of my favourite soaps for face lathering. Maybe MWF, or Hampshire Lanolin. Or see if the wilkinson sword blue bowl can be face lathered.

One benefit of cream is starting with a wet brush. I can't do that with soap IMHO, so I think I will load dry, then give it a big dunk in water before applying to my face.

DecemBoar 3rd

Ever-Ready 150 with Maggard Razors Premium 24mm boar.

This past week has seen Mystic Water Sensitive Skin soap used daily. It was finicky when I switched to the boar on Thursday, giving me some difficulties getting the water used during loading right, and then the boar knot chowing down on the lather! Well, today I hit the Goldilocks amount of water for the load and had 3 passes of that wonderful MWS goodness! I used a technique that Mark on the Sharpologist blog wrote about a while back. This technique is mainly for natural fibers, as synthetics have their own needs! But you soak the knot and instead of shaking it, you use the OK finger and thumb, and only squeeze in the middle of the knot, leaving water up at the plug. Mark then recommends loading holding the tub upside down, but I found no difference other than maybe more mess?!

Whatever the case, it was a great final shave of the week with a favorite boar and a soap that has been in my soap drawer continuously since November 2015!

rOqkrIE.jpg

3rd December

Soap: Westman Shaving Bruji SE Oud & Vanilla
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Mistura Butterscotch
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel + Nivea Sensitive Cool ASL + Westman Shaving Bruji SE Oud & Vanilla ASB

For the 3rd day of this DecemBoar, I decided to go a bit more "loud". The temperatures in Portugal are dipping quite a bit in the last couple days, so I just want something warm, loud, and powdery to shave with.
The set for today was the Special Edition from the Portuguese artisan Westman Shaving (well, the Spanish brush artisan has a finger on this set too), Oud & Vanilla.
This scent strenght is easily a 10/10! It's a damn bomb of powdery and sweetness! For me, is easily on my top 3 of soap scents so far...It's really perfect for cold days & winter season. The scent is so loud that my girlfriend says that can't came closer to me for the first 30minutes after shaving, and she really LOVES it, but the scent is way too strong! And the balm just make the loudness go a couple steps above! 😂
Sadly, Tiago from Westman Shaving has only made 30 of these soaps on the first batch, and I think he is making a second one, and there are a lot of requests to it, so I don't know if there's anything left, but if it is, man, just go for it!

Superb shave from this soap, that for me, is on the top 3 of European artisans, hands down! 👐

Have a nice Saturday :thumbup1:

Decemboar 3rd, a relaxing two-pass shave today with minimal cleanup, no mishaps and very satisfying, BBS, 10/10:

Razor: Occam's Artist Club
Blade: Feather AC Pro (3)- blade is prime now
Lather: WSP Ol' Kentucky tallow- nice, scent, solid performance
Brush: Zenith Euro boar- this is a scrubby little guy that after a year is starting to to soften some; if you like them shot and scrubby this might do you

Enjoy your remaining weekend

PXL_20221203_184102897.PORTRAIT.jpg

I'm two shaves into Decemboar and I've used a Semogue SOC Taj Boar and a Zenith 506N XSE Unbleached Boar. Both excellent brushes but there's something about an unbleached Zenith that gives it the nod over the SOC (probably the combination of excellent backbone and soft tips).

I'm also eyeing up a Semogue Galahad to use with the small travel pucks of C&S and Martin de Candre as my bigger boars would eat then up too quickly! Can anyone let me know how the galahad performs compared to the SOC and Torga (my only other Semogues)?

Finally the first shave of Decemboar. It's been busy as heck around here, and I was starting to look pretty scruffy. I had a leisurely shave while the Mrs. went to the Festival of Trees (I skillfully dodged).
boar1.jpg

The little Omega 10019 is scrubby enough to get 4 days worth of whiskers ready. It only has a few uses and is already feeling good.
Varen is always nice.
Slim replated two-tone
PermaSharp (3) and still getting better
Bootleggers El Dorado Mmmmm

Finally the first shave of Decemboar. It's been busy as heck around here, and I was starting to look pretty scruffy. I had a leisurely shave while the Mrs. went to the Festival of Trees (I skillfully dodged).
View attachment 1566467
The little Omega 10019 is scrubby enough to get 4 days worth of whiskers ready. It only has a few uses and is already feeling good.
Varen is always nice.
Slim replated two-tone
PermaSharp (3) and still getting better
Bootleggers El Dorado Mmmmm
You got to go the Festival of the Boars. You win.

Top Bottom