What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2023!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready for B&B’s FOURTH Annual DecemBOAR!!!

I love DecemBOAR as I own more than a few great boar brushes, but don’t use them enough. This FORCES me to use these fantastic performing brushes!

I am posting this a bit early this year due to incredible overwhelming demand!!! (not really, nobody asked 🤪).

Please join your B&B boar brush loving friends for a month long tribute to the often neglected Boar brush. Put those Badgers, horsies and Synths away for the month and get the PIG OUT!!!

DecemBOAR is never boar-ing and you want to be a part of this. If you don’t have a boar brush… go buy one! You have almost a month!

Many of us on B&B seem to use badgers and synths predominately, so let’s use some of our excellent boar brushes. They tend to need a longer break in period than badger, so let’s break them in collectively for an entire month!

I will only be using boar brushes in December to ensure my Omegas, Zeniths and Semogues get some well deserved loving.

Join me for all boar December by signing up below. Add your name to the bottom of the list in a comment. Also post your creative daily boar shave pics when you can.

I will be posting my daily boar brush pics Starting Dec 1st.

Let‘s see some of those little piggies!

And… A BOAR BRUSH GIVEAWAY!!!!

ALSO, as is tradition, I will be giving away a brand spanking new boar brush of your choice to one lucky randomly drawn winner at the end of the month! As long as Your Shaving ships to you (they cover most of the globe), the winner can pick any Boar brush they want! Up to €36.37 which is currently the most expensive boar they sell. I set this price in case Zenith or Semogue starts selling a solid gold handled brush and one of you clowns try to pull a fast one! 🤪

Here is the boar brush list… shaving brushes - https://yourshaving.com/gb/10-shaving-brushes?q=Hair-Boar&order=product.price.desc

Good luck in the contest and sign up below!!!

Nice! I did that last year. YourShaving is pretty good. Usually 2 weeks to Toronto IME.

What did you buy?
I bought a Zenith Unbleached boar coral handle 26/55, Zenith bleached boar white handle 28/51 and a Semogue C-5 Torga!!

Whew, thanks for sharing your experience. They shipped within a day but the post office has been waiting since Oct 24th. I am spoiled by Shavemac usually its 3-4 days before it ends up in customs, lol.

I bought a Zenith Unbleached boar coral handle 26/55, Zenith bleached boar white handle 28/51 and a Semogue C-5 Torga!!

Whew, thanks for sharing your experience. They shipped within a day but the post office has been waiting since Oct 24th. I am spoiled by Shavemac usually its 3-4 days before it ends up in customs, lol.

I'm assuming the Zenith coral is the 507RC XSE? I find the handle on these to be quite beautiful. Mine (a fairly recent acquisition) has been breaking in beautifully and easily. Love it.

With the 28/51 Zenith (I'm assuming a 505AK SE) you'd better prepare yourself for a more extended (and active) break-in period than you may be used to. I'm working on a butterscotch handled version of this brush myself. I have extremely high hopes for it. The knot is very dense. The bristles are premium-fine, and tightly packed. I'm about 10 days into an active break-in process on mine--which doesn't sound like a long time--but it has been subject to pretty intensive work on my part. The knot is just about open enough to get reasonable flow-though.

505 in 28/51 is not a brush, to my mind, that one can simply break-in by using it, not due to the tips (which soften), but rather to the density of the knot. My hope is that the end result will yield a truly epic brush, but this is one that clearly benefits from value-added attention from an owner/user. Not a beginners boar brush, to be sure.

You will see what I mean in a few days.

I hope you love yours.

Bill

After a high of 9 boars for the 2021 DeceBoar, I am down to just 3 and one mixed badger/boar. But I'll give a go anyway and try to refrain from crazy BBAD (boar brush AD!!).

1. @SharpieB
2. @Jayson74
3. @Balin
4. @Sinnbad11
5. @Phoenixkh
6. @ewk
7. @Ravenonrock
8. @Rivers23
9. @InkStainedWretch
10. @MaineYooper

54494535-C35C-4943-A417-F3B576B8BF30.jpeg

After a high of 9 boars for the 2021 DeceBoar, I am down to just 3 and one mixed badger/boar. But I'll give a go anyway and try to refrain from crazy BBAD (boar brush AD!!).

1. @SharpieB
2. @Jayson74
3. @Balin
4. @Sinnbad11
5. @Phoenixkh
6. @ewk
7. @Ravenonrock
8. @Rivers23
9. @InkStainedWretch
10. @MaineYooper

View attachment 1742129
Mixed badger/boar knots are acceptable for DecemBOAR!!!!

I forgot to mention that in the original post, thanks!

I'm assuming the Zenith coral is the 507RC XSE? I find the handle on these to be quite beautiful. Mine (a fairly recent acquisition) has been breaking in beautifully and easily. Love it.

With the 28/51 Zenith (I'm assuming a 505AK SE) you'd better prepare yourself for a more extended (and active) break-in period than you may be used to. I'm working on a butterscotch handled version of this brush myself. I have extremely high hopes for it. The knot is very dense. The bristles are premium-fine, and tightly packed. I'm about 10 days into an active break-in process on mine--which doesn't sound like a long time--but it has been subject to pretty intensive work on my part. The knot is just about open enough to get reasonable flow-though.

505 in 28/51 is not a brush, to my mind, that one can simply break-in by using it, not due to the tips (which soften), but rather to the density of the knot. My hope is that the end result will yield a truly epic brush, but this is one that clearly benefits from value-added attention from an owner/user. Not a beginners boar brush, to be sure.

You will see what I mean in a few days.

I hope you love yours.

Bill

I had to look my order up, the coral is the 505RC XSE and the white is exactly what you thought!! You know your Zenith brushes!!

I am hoping the 505AK SE is not too big with a 28mm knot. I need them to show up soon so I can start hand lathering so they are nice and soft for Decemboar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom