What's new

Badger & Blade Tea Pass

Alrighty then. JP, pm me your address, or we'll have to skip over you.

That should panic him sufficiently. :w00t:

No panic here! I have a little secret* about a place I found in NYC that sells Puerh tea cakes. And here I was about to ask "Where in tarnation is that box?"

If you had it ready yesterday I could have picked it up in person while I was in New Jersey and saved you the shipping cost.

*hint: It's not Ten Ren.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
No panic here! I have a little secret* about a place I found in NYC that sells Puerh tea cakes. And here I was about to ask "Where in tarnation is that box?"

If you had it ready yesterday I could have picked it up in person while I was in New Jersey and saved you the shipping cost.

:lol:

Okay....I give. Where is it? The Puerh at Ten Ren is overpriced and of indeterminate quality.

The tea pass is nearing the end of the first round. We have one new member: aquanin. Anyone else out there that would like to join the tea pass? I will start it around again after adding a few goodies when it arrives back with me. Here is the revised list:

Aquanin
P_K
Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_
Joshua Da Silva

Cheers,

I am thinking that there is almost too much. Difficult to sample even a percentage and hate to deny the next down the line the last taste (sorry Ouch, but you missed out on a couple of goodies)

I am probably in the minority here but what if we each added just two or three samples of about 50 gms each and limited it to pu-erh? I would be willing to start or send you Steve a couple to 'seed' the box. With a smaller selection I think we could also enjoy a dialog comparing our impressions.

I am thinking that there is almost too much. Difficult to sample even a percentage and hate to deny the next down the line the last taste (sorry Ouch, but you missed out on a couple of goodies)

I am probably in the minority here but what if we each added just two or three samples of about 50 gms each and limited it to pu-erh? I would be willing to start or send you Steve a couple to 'seed' the box. With a smaller selection I think we could also enjoy a dialog comparing our impressions.

From what I hear, we have quite a full box of teas. So, for the next round, I think that I am going to limit the box contents to just pu-erh. If we want to start another box that has other types of teas that may not be such a bad idea either. Many folks are not really interested in pu-erh and that would give them an opportunity to sample a wide variety of other teas.

If anyone wants to send me some samples to seed the next pass, please send me a PM and I will give you an address. However, there may be sufficient tea in there that folks have not sampled to get it going along with the teas that I will put in there.

Oh yes, we have a new addition to the tea pass so the list looks like this:

Aquanin
Erik
P_K
Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_
Joshua Da Silva

Cheers,

The box has landed this morning at the JP Place safe and sound!

From what I hear, we have quite a full box of teas. So, for the next round, I think that I am going to limit the box contents to just pu-erh. If we want to start another box that has other types of teas that may not be such a bad idea either. Many folks are not really interested in pu-erh and that would give them an opportunity to sample a wide variety of other teas.

Now I don't know what to do with the box. Being at the end of the line, this puts me in a pickle. Most of the tea that I planned on contributing from the very beginning are not puerh, although I have been planning on contributing a whole beeng. If the pass is going to change from a variety of teas to puerh only, then perhaps I shouldn't even open the box and just send it on to netsurfr. It wouldn't be fair for me to sample and contribute accordingly.

Now I don't know what to do with the box. Being at the end of the line, this puts me in a pickle. Most of the tea that I planned on contributing from the very beginning are not puerh, although I have been planning on contributing a whole beeng. If the pass is going to change from a variety of teas to puerh only, then perhaps I shouldn't even open the box and just send it on to netsurfr. It wouldn't be fair for me to sample and contribute accordingly.

Open the box. Drink some tea. Easy decision to make :biggrin:

+1 Open the box and enjoy some tea. The reason that I was thinking of keeping the next round to pu-erh was to keep the more fragrant teas from infusing the pu-erh in the box. However, as I think about it, there is no reason not to have two boxes. One would have pu-erh, one would have other types of teas. We could start one from the top of the list and one from the bottom of the list. What does everyone think?

+1 Open the box and enjoy some tea.

If y'all are gonna twist my arm like that then I'll open the box already!

Tell ya what. I'll put in the teas that I have been considering and then send the box on to you. You can then divide them between the two seperate tea passes from there.

If each pass is started from the ends of the list then someone in the middle might wind with both at the same time. A happy conundrum, but I wouldn't want to deal with both at the same time and try to be timely about sending them on their ways. How about if the second box is started from the middle of the list?

Why don't we just send them out staggered...a sheng, then shu, then oolong, then green, then tisane....like a tea wave

Hmmm... that is kind of appealing. If you dilly dally too long with any particular tea box, you could have a tea tsunami on your hands. :wink2:

Why don't we just send them out staggered...a sheng, then shu, then oolong, then green, then tisane....like a tea wave

Do you think we'll have enough interest in tisanes and greens to make for a whole box? I, personally, would rather not be on a tisane list.

Do you think we'll have enough interest in tisanes and greens to make for a whole box? I, personally, would rather not be on a tisane list.

Actually, not an interest of mine either. Tisanes could probably be mixed with the greens, whites, etc. I am thinking probably two boxes is the most we want to be moving around just because of the postage costs. However, could not resist the tea tsunami comment. :sneaky2:

Top Bottom