What's new

GIVEAWAY! Too many Techs PIF

In honor of the 1980s where many of us had our formative years...

The original Karate Kid movie had Johnny Lawrence and Daniel Larusso as clear antagonist and protagonist. Their opposing characteristics manifested in several ways including financial circumstances and the demeanor of their sensei.

The winner will be the first one to list 5 differences between the respective martial art each character studied. Use traits from real life, not what you saw in the movie. I will be the final judge on the accuracy of the answers posted. No appeals, sorry.

Thanks to @gpjoe for his generous PIF! Cheers to our host!
Let me try

Mainly offensive vs more defensive
Loud and proud vs humble
Straight on techniques vs more rounded
Very flashy techniques vs minimalistic techniques
Group bullies vs calm collective character

Let me try

Mainly offensive vs more defensive
Loud and proud vs humble
Straight on techniques vs more rounded
Very flashy techniques vs minimalistic techniques
Group bullies vs calm collective character
Not exactly what I had in my head but thanks for participating. I may have gone too into the rabbit hole with my other hobby on this question. 🥴 Really I wasn't trying to make this impossible.

Maybe a hint is in order. I'll post one tomorrow unless @gpjoe tells us no. And we can follow up from there if need be.

which years should I look for and what is the cause of cracking handles? I am looking to buy one of these to try for fun.

The Tech handles are solid brass, plated in nickel or gold, so they don't crack. There are some with aluminum handles, but far less common.

If you stick with a "no date code" razor, or something pre-1961 (I believe), all three pieces will be solid brass.

Dating info (if you need it) is here:

OK, new way to win the remaining nickel Tech, since Mr. Miyagi wasn't a hit. CONUS members please post your choice of Eisenhower or MacArthur. You also have to tell us why. There will be a random selection of the participants on March 1, 2024.

Good luck and I hope there's lots of participation.

Not in, but I'm a fan of Radar's interpretation of General MacArthur!

1709046269372.png

I am IN...
for my dad...(see below)
Gold would be nice...

Very Kind & Graceful ..thanks for the chance & best to all....

FullSizeR.jpg

Korean War / Bronze Metal Star...
Dad is now 96 and a very very long time daily shaver.. ( that's a lot o'days)
Taught me to shave a 16 w/ a SR.

I am very lucky ...

BFX

Last edited:
I am IN...
for my dad...(see below)
Gold would be nice...

Very Kind & Graceful ..thanks for the chance & best to all....

View attachment 1803153
Korean War / Bronze Metal Star...
Dad is now 96 and a very very long time daily shaver.. ( that's a lot o'days)
Taught me to shave a 16 w/ a SR.

I am very lucky ...

BFX

Gold is gone, and there are requirements to enter as stipulated by @cranewarrior in post #30. Good luck to you and dad. 🙂👍

C'mon...one nickel Tech still available. See post #30 for entry. Somebody must want it enough to play.

Top Bottom