What's new

Badger & Blade Tea Pass

I can answer the first three questions, but the forth one is a wild card.

- I have it.
- I'll be moving it along in a couple of days back to Steve. (I just got back from a trip).
- Haven't drank anything out of it yet. I'm portioning out what I want to try into some snack baggies to try later on, starting this week.

Hey guys,

I'm actually not going to participate in this round, I'm still slowly sipping away on tea from last time! So just take me off the list for now, and I'll let you know if I want back in before another round :)

Hello everyone -
The box has not arrived back with me yet but the list has been revised a bit. In order to prevent some of the more fragrant teas from mixing with the pu-erh, the pu-erh will be travelling in a separate box this time. All other teas will travel in a second box. Based on someone else's recommendation, I will also stagger the order of the list based on pu-erh or "other" teas. The list for pu-erh will be:

Aquanin
Erik
P_K
Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_

The list for the "other" teas will be:

Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_
Aquanin
Erik
P_K

If you are not on the lists, please advise me via PM if you are interested in participating.

Best regards to all,
Steve

Last edited:
Hello everyone -
The box has not arrived back with me yet but the list has been revised a bit. In order to prevent some of the more fragrant teas from mixing with the pu-erh, the pu-erh will be travelling in a separate box this time. All other teas will travel in a second box. Based on someone else's recommendation, I will also stagger the order of the list based on pu-erh or "other" teas. The list for pu-erh will be:

Aquanin
Erik
P_K
Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_

Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_
Aquanin
Erik
P_K

Yay! I'm at the top of the other list. I've missed the sweet little box so much since our last visit. :w00t:

Here is the pass box as I opened it. Of course, I had dibs on plundering the Shlongini Collection in the lower right corner of the spreadsheet. :w00t:

My apologies for not moving the box along sooner. It came to me during the course of a couple of trips which held up my dealing with it.

As the last recipient and tail-end Charlie of this round of the tea pass, I hereby declare the B&B Tea Pass a success! Thank you everyone for your generosity while participating in this round of the pass. And Thank You Steve, for getting this started in grand fashion with the teas that you seeded it with! I can only hope that I have matched it with the few contributions that I made to contribute the next round of what will now be the B&B Pu Pass and the B&B "Other Teas" Pass. I hope that everyone will feel free to drink from them, rather than just get a taste.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Here is the pass box as I opened it. Of course, I had dibs on plundering the Shlongini Collection in the lower right corner of the spreadsheet. :w00t:

Nothing to brag about there. I included one or two "stinkers" as a control group. :wink2:

Nothing to brag about there. I included one or two "stinkers" as a control group. :wink2:

As per your previous warning I was able to avoid at least one of them, but may have stumbled into the other. I'll find out as I start tasting my way through them.

I hope more people climb on board for the next round of the pass.

I hope more people climb on board for the next round of the pass.

Speaking of which, the tea box should be arriving back at home base soon. Do we have any additional members that would like to be a part of the tea pass? We love to share and would like to involve even more members!

PM me.

New additions to the pu-erh box list so the lists now look like this:

Pu-erh Box Pass
Aquanin
Erik
P_K
Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_
Maitre_Tea
Socoturdman

Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_
Aquanin
Erik
P_K

Last edited:
Glad to see more people on this lists and I'm hoping that more join in!

The box is on it's way to netsurfr; it literally went in the mail this morning. I'm guessing that Steve should see it by Wednesday. Things have been crazy-busy here at the Green with long days which made it impossible for me to get to the post office during hours. But the really sad part about that for me is that I haven't had time for proper tea sessions to taste the samples that I picked out! There they sit, taunting me...

The box arrived back at homebase yesterday.
You will all be happy to know that the box has been split in two parts as previously discussed and, new content has been added and they are both on ther merry way as of today. The lists currently look like this:

Pu-erh Box Pass
Aquanin
Erik
P_K
Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_
Maitre_Tea
Socoturdman

Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_
Aquanin
Erik
P_K

Keep in mind that it is not too late to add your name to either or both of the tea box pass lists. PM me.

Best regards,
Steve

Last edited:
The box arrived back at homebase yesterday.
You will all be happy to know that the box has been spit in two parts as previously discussed and, new content has been added and they are both on ther merry way as of today.

Ultrahoorays! O happy day that tea is sent to me :biggrin:

Take me off the "other tea" list.

It's crazy....I remember about a year ago a post asked us to list our favorite teas. I listed Tie Kwan Yin, Tie Kwan Yin, Tie Kwan Yin, Dragon Well, and Tie Kwan Yin. Now it's Pu'er, Pu'er, Pu'er, Pu'er, and Pu-erh. Hate to admit it, but Ouch, you were right :blushing: Actually the way Ouch put it was:

"That's exactly what I used to do. Then my taste improved." That was in September of last year. A mere half year earlier, that same Ouch wrote:

02-11-2008, 07:29 PM "All this talk about tea is making me want to try another pu-ehr again. I do this every year or so, and always come away dissatisfied (and occasionally a bit green in color).

Fortunately, I think I still have a bit of Gawith black Irish twist to kill the taste if I catch a particularly bad one."

Interesting how our tastes have changed :001_tongu

Adjustment to tea pass lists:

Pu-erh Box Pass
Aquanin
Erik
P_K
Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
TacoBell
Ouch
_JP_
Maitre_Tea
Socoturdman

Arghblech
Walter Sobchak
Ouch
_JP_
Aquanin
Erik
P_K

OK now, I know we have more tea folks out there than this. Get in on the fun. The
"Other tea" list is looking a little light right now and _JP_ put some nice stuff in there.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Take me off the "other tea" list.

It's crazy....I remember about a year ago a post asked us to list our favorite teas. I listed Tie Kwan Yin, Tie Kwan Yin, Tie Kwan Yin, Dragon Well, and Tie Kwan Yin. Now it's Pu'er, Pu'er, Pu'er, Pu'er, and Pu-erh. Hate to admit it, but Ouch, you were right :blushing: Actually the way Ouch put it was:

"That's exactly what I used to do. Then my taste improved." That was in September of last year. A mere half year earlier, that same Ouch wrote:

02-11-2008, 07:29 PM "All this talk about tea is making me want to try another pu-ehr again. I do this every year or so, and always come away dissatisfied (and occasionally a bit green in color).

Fortunately, I think I still have a bit of Gawith black Irish twist to kill the taste if I catch a particularly bad one."

Interesting how our tastes have changed :001_tongu

:lol:
I guess you must have seen this thread, too-
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113675
Tastes can certainly change.

If you ever read my review of some five years ago on www.tobaccoreviews.com of the Gawith black Irish twist, you'd think the post was even funnier.

Oh, and your samples are boxed up and will be in the mail in the AM.

Great. PM me with anything that interests you. Think you might like another taste of the Mengku 10 yr Anniversary Edition?

The "Other" box arrived today. I haven't sorted through it all yet but there are a few things that survived the first pass. Quite a few more greens this time around.

Top Bottom