What's new

GIVEAWAY! Free Razor Blades - April Newbie Blade PIF

Welcome new members!! Want some free razor blades?

I will be picking a new member to PIF (Pay It Forward) a double edge razor blade sample pack.

For this PIF the rules are simple - Just post in this thread "I'm in".

This PIF is open to all new members who have registered on B & B in the past 12 months. New members worldwide are eligible.

The winner will receive a selection of 20 different blades from B & B’s very own
Great Blade Exchange

I'll pick a winner in a week, or so.
Good luck!

If you have blades you would like to donate to the Great Blade Exchange, please PM me.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Respectfully not in but curious as to how you became our biggest (I believe) blade resource, @dmshaver . Any chance you'd share how you found yourself there.

I also wanted to take a moment to applaud not only your generosity with this monthly PIF but also your welcoming of new members.

Kudos and happy shaves, sir.

Welcome new members!! Want some free razor blades?

I will be picking a new member to PIF (Pay It Forward) a double edge razor blade sample pack.

For this PIF the rules are simple - Just post in this thread "I'm in".

This PIF is open to all new members who have registered on B & B in the past 12 months. New members worldwide are eligible.

The winner will receive a selection of 20 different blades from B & B’s very own
Great Blade Exchange

I'll pick a winner in a week, or so.
Good luck!

If you have blades you would like to donate to the Great Blade Exchange, please PM me.
I'm in!

This is much appreciated. I am not in because I won the last PIF of blades here a couple of weeks ago. I am slowly working my way thru that nice selection of free blades. PIFs are appreciated and a very nice way to welcome new members. Lots of great information is shared as well as views and opinions here at B & B.

Thanks for doing this! I am in please.
I have tried Gillette Platinum (blue and silver/white - Made in Russia) and Astra (green/white - Made in India).

@Chef455 and @Hawkweber the back story is much more complicated than this but here's the short story.

To become the vaunted and revered Keeper of the Great Blade Exchange one must vanquish the twin dragons, Hairess Ingrownis and Byrn De Razore. Without conquering these two beasts the title is unattainable. Ah, but the road to being crowned is long and arduous. The novice must pass five labors.

The first trial is foraging in dank forests and mining the depths of ancient mountains in search of the perfect composition of steel. This can take eons alone. If the novice is fortunate he will come across the Silver Platinum Nymph. If she is caught, she must give up her secrets of steel and the novice will move more quickly to the next task.

The second trial is gaining favor and audience with the secretive Alchemical Wizards. Winning them over will yield their knowledge of coatings to ensure smooth shaving.

After this part of the journey to being crowned Keeper of the Great Blade Exchange in this weird world of Shavous Dampus, the third trial is to seduce the Queen Faerie of Sudsus. She is the guardian of the perfect shave soap recipe. Queen Faerie of Sudsus is a treacherous being and only the swift of mind, slick of wit and cushioned of bottom can possibly succeed.

The fourth labor is hunting down the elusive Boarus Beaveris. This lonely, reclusive creature is Keeper of the Wild Hair. Conquering this beast’s loneliness will cause him to give one silver-tipped magic hair from which the wielder can produce a life time of brushes with perfect backbone, splay and soap holding power. But this is not the last labor on this most difficult of journeys. The last labor is horrifically and it looms on a steamy mirrored horizon.

The final labor for the novice seeking to become Keeper of the Great Blade Exchange is insanely difficult to pass; more difficult to pass than the Kobayashi Maru. Many novices have failed this last labor. Only a precious few are able to succeed. This is The Test of Blinded Feel. Blindfolded in a pitch black dark room, buried in the deepest part of the dank forest, under the tallest mountain, this last test is not for the weak kneed and faint of heart. Barehanded the novice must know the maker of a blade from its sharpness, flex, taste of the steel and coating and then shave with his soapy creation and brush to prove he’s mastered the art of shaving and vanquished the twin dragons Hairess Ingrownis and Byrn De Razore.

Are you ready to become the next Keeper of the Great Blade Exchange?

@Chef455 and @Hawkweber the back story is much more complicated than this but here's the short story.

To become the vaunted and revered Keeper of the Great Blade Exchange one must vanquish the twin dragons, Hairess Ingrownis and Byrn De Razore. Without conquering these two beasts the title is unattainable. Ah, but the road to being crowned is long and arduous. The novice must pass five labors...
Yeah... What he said. 😄

Respectfully not in but curious as to how you became our biggest (I believe) blade resource, @dmshaver . Any chance you'd share how you found yourself there.

I also wanted to take a moment to applaud not only your generosity with this monthly PIF but also your welcoming of new members.

Kudos and happy shaves, sir.
How I found myself there? A few years ago I read a post asking if anyone was interested in taking over the Great Blade Exchange. I am merely one in a line of folks who have overseen the GBE. Please don't think the GBE is my doing, or are my blades I'm making available to others. The GBE is made possible through the generous donations of B & B members for many years, long before I was overseeing it. I think the GBE on B & B is truly a unique element in online forums/social media. I consider it an honor & a responsibility to maintain the GBE & to make newcomers to B & B aware of the GBE.

I was welcomed when I joined, & that's part of why I've stayed all this time. I believe since that welcoming camaraderie is part of why I stayed & participated in B & B, then I can do the same for newcomers now.

Thank you for your kind words. Happy shaves!

How I found myself there? A few years ago I read a post asking if anyone was interested in taking over the Great Blade Exchange. I am merely one in a line of folks who have overseen the GBE. Please don't think the GBE is my doing, or are my blades I'm making available to others. The GBE is made possible through the generous donations of B & B members for many years, long before I was overseeing it. I think the GBE on B & B is truly a unique element in online forums/social media. I consider it an honor & a responsibility to maintain the GBE & to make newcomers to B & B aware of the GBE.

I was welcomed when I joined, & that's part of why I've stayed all this time. I believe since that welcoming camaraderie is part of why I stayed & participated in B & B, then I can do the same for newcomers now.

Thank you for your kind words. Happy shaves!

"I'm in".

Respect to you @dmshaver for keeping this tradition alive.

This is unbelievable "New members worldwide are eligible"

Btw don't want to sound like ungrateful but would the lucky chosen could request for 20 random blades that he doesn't own instead?

Its just that others like me may have bought a sampler pack and it would be nice to try other blades which we do not have. Regardless great work you're doing here.

"I'm in".

Respect to you @dmshaver for keeping this tradition alive.

This is unbelievable "New members worldwide are eligible"

Btw don't want to sound like ungrateful but would the lucky chosen could request for 20 random blades that he doesn't own instead?

Its just that others like me may have bought a sampler pack and it would be nice to try other blades which we do not have. Regardless great work you're doing here.
The sample packs are already made up. But if the winner wants to let me know some blades they want to try, a few of those brands might make it into their winning pack!

I love all the interest in the pif this month! Well done all! We have two winners this month, @BabyBudaNedly & @Jaybyrd, congratulations!!! Please send me a PM with your mailing information & your winnings will be whisked your way via USPS.

And @EdHeart, your documenting the path to enlightenment earns you an honorary sampler pack. Please send me your mailing information & you will receive the backstory that occurred between levels 3 & 4 as well as the 20 blade sample pack.

And to those still yearning for a sample pack, stay tuned! The May blade pif isn't that far off!

Top Bottom