What's new

Arko August 2020

Arko T-Shirt.
Ok, I'm so excited about Arko August I want to get myself an Arko T-Shirt. Problem is that I lifted the image from an internet search, but the resolution isn't high enough to get the image as large as I would like. I'm not tech savvy, so any ideas on how to improve the resolution?
Screenshot_20200803-224518.png

Arko T-Shirt.
Ok, I'm so excited about Arko August I want to get myself an Arko T-Shirt. Problem is that I lifted the image from an internet search, but the resolution isn't high enough to get the image as large as I would like. I'm not tech savvy, so any ideas on how to improve the resolution?
View attachment 1134605
The image size is fixed, however you can zoom on your browser. On a PC/Linux machine, hold the <CTRL> key while scrolling up with the mouse. Or hold the <CTRL> key and simultaneously press the "+" key as many times as needed to zoom in.

The image size is fixed, however you can zoom on your browser. On a PC/Linux machine, hold the <CTRL> key while scrolling up with the mouse. Or hold the <CTRL> key and simultaneously press the "+" key as many times as needed to zoom in.
That would be a no then. Oh well. Was just a thought

My shave for today:

proxy.php

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

Well, my shave wasn’t that great today. It actually started at last nights shave. Arko is slick and I found it just how slick last night when my scuttle exploded on the marble vanity when I dropped it. Yeah, I was not happy. It was one of the first things I bought when I started and the only thing I still had. It had more use than anything I have. No more warm lather for me.

At least I had a back up lather bowl from WCS. But, I’m going to have to learn to make lather all over again. With the scuttle, I knew exactly how much water to put in by the line in the bottom and just how much soap. The bowl is shorter, wider and has sides that go up and in to hold the lather in.

The lather was to thick and by the time I got the water right, I had enough lather for a couple days worth of 6 pass shave. I still didn’t have it just right though.

Then the Nacet I had loaded up felt really rough. I took it out of the razor and it looked like it had rust on it. I tossed it and loaded another one. It wasn’t much better. I guess I got a couple of bad ones. It happens.

Then to top it all off, I went to the WCS site and missed the sale on captains choice bowls. It was just not my day today.

Here’s to a better shave tomorrow.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

Arko is slick and I found it just how slick last night when my scuttle exploded on the marble vanity when I dropped it
Brian C, I hope you can get a replacement the same, or at least one that works as well. The things that I like have a tendency to go out of production.

Second use in August:

Preshave: Hot washcloth, King of Shaves blue oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Boots boar
Razor: Rockwell 6S, R5
Blade: Israeli Personna, #10
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Brut.

I think I'm getting better at lathering this stuff. The level hasn't gone down visibly, despite loading it like I want to use it up.

Another easy DFS with the Rockwell. Bowl lathering is working a lot better than trying to face-lather, but there was a moderate amount of sting again.

I'm not sure if keeping on using Arko will give me an increased tolerance to it, or the opposite, and there's only one way to find out.

Time to retire that Personna. Astra SP next.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Day 3 is in the books

Yesterday was the Feather AS-D2 with Feather blade. Nice shave, more buffing than a jewler. Today was the same. It's a nice razor but just not efficient enough.

I'm learning just how nice Arko is. With the mild AS-D2 I'm doing a 4 pass and buffing to get it all trimmed. I lather only on WTG and ATG, then I do XTG both ways with residual lather and slickness of which there is plenty. Then I rinse off and buff with water.

Surprisingly pleased at the slickness that Arko provides. I'm impressed in a lot of ways. Now if it only had a milder scent, it could probably be my one and only.

Does it dry my skin, I hope so. So far no luck on that front. No aftershave and I'm oily 4 hours after the shave. So I'm certainly not ending up with dried rawhide from the soap.

Top Bottom