What's new

SHARK WEEK: July 24-31!!

I always remove my blade from the razor, clean it and store it in the paper. I like to see how a blade performs in different razors so I swap it around. If you leave a blade in a particular razor it can bend the blade, like with the Fatip Piccolo which means it can't be used in another razor. When I am pushing a blade for maximum shaves I find a progression of razors is needed. It also means that I never store a blade in my razors as I have smallish children.

Is the Picolo a slant?...if not, why couldn't one just flip the blade over to use it in another razor?

I avoid these perplexing issues by leaving a blade in one razor until its time is up, usually 5-6 shaves.

+1! ’Do not approach, pet or sing to shark.’

Words to live by during Shark Week 2023!! :letterk1::letterk1::letterk1::letterk1::letterk1:
w3DOhKB.gif

What about singing With the sharks ??

giphy (1).gif

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Is the Picolo a slant?...if not, why couldn't one just flip the blade over to use it in another razor?

I avoid these perplexing issues by leaving a blade in one razor until its time is up, usually 5-6 shaves.
No, but it leaves the blade rounded rather than flat from the head geometry. I have a Yaqi aggressive slant that does a job on the blade. When I had a Ming-shi 2000 on the higher settings it bent the blade even during the shave.

No, but it leaves the blade rounded rather than flat from the head geometry. I have a Yaqi aggressive slant that does a job on the blade. When I had a Ming-shi 2000 on the higher settings it bent the blade even during the shave.
So, just to clarify, not moving a blade from a Fatip to another razor is a personal choice, not because it cannot or should not be done? Seriously, I am merely asking because there are members here, including me, that might read that and assume that it should never be done, under any circumstance.

Forgive me if I am being too literal, but I worked in technical engineering and wrote technical manuals for the US Government's Abrams battle tank for 25 years, and my mind works that way. 🙂

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
So, just to clarify, not moving a blade from a Fatip to another razor is a personal choice, not because it cannot or should not be done? Seriously, I am merely asking because there are members here, including me, that might read that and assume that it should never be done, under any circumstance.

Forgive me if I am being too literal, but I worked in technical engineering and wrote technical manuals for the US Government's Abrams battle tank for 25 years, and my mind works that way. 🙂
No, you can do it. I change blades between razors all the time, but I never store blades in the razor, they are only in the razor for as long as it takes me to shave.

Got late for third and last shave of SHARK WEEK.

Did not had time to shave in the weekend, so had to finish Shark week in August.

Shark Stainless blade 1st use. Sharp enough for my whiskers, can't complain about smoothness, it was there.

Yaqi Mercury Chrome head with Lemonwald solid brass handle. Comfortable razor and handle, middle of the road in terms of aggressiveness and blade feel.

Simpson #2 badger brush

Martin de Candre Fougere soap

Weleda after shave balm. I usually don't care to match the scents of soap / cream and aftershave but the fresh herbaceous scent of this balm did a good match with the Fougere.

A shave of mine did not get better than this.

20220801_220921.jpg

Got late for third and last shave of SHARK WEEK.

Did not had time to shave in the weekend, so had to finish Shark week in August.

Shark Stainless blade 1st use. Sharp enough for my whiskers, can't complain about smoothness, it was there.

Yaqi Mercury Chrome head with Lemonwald solid brass handle. Comfortable razor and handle, middle of the road in terms of aggressiveness and blade feel.

Simpson #2 badger brush

Martin de Candre Fougere soap

Weleda after shave balm. I usually don't care to match the scents of soap / cream and aftershave but the fresh herbaceous scent of this balm did a good match with the Fougere.

A shave of mine did not get better than this.

View attachment 1498002
Finishing the week outside of the week shows your shaving commitment @edw!

Guido

Went back to the Jaws blade for today's shave.
Gillette with Jaws Blade
Shavette with Shark blade
Yaqi brush
Captain's Choice Island Time sample, great scent and a pretty good lather. I have suck troubles with making lather with a sample like this. I just take a few small chunks out and do the best lather I can do, which is not very good.

Had a good shave, smooth with no weepers or irritation. I am liking both the Jaws and Shark blades will be picking a couple of boxes of both in the near future.

9/10 on the shave.

This years Shark Week left me with the impression that the Shark Stainless Steel blade is an underrated blade, at least for my face. I am going to call it a decent mid tier blade with a smoother edge than the P&G Russian blades. YMMV
To add to that, if I recall the posts there was less blood than I anticipated there would be based on preliminary posts by experienced users. I used the Super Chrome and found it a likeable blade. Now this was n=1, so I want to test another blade and see if that one also goes to 11 shaves.

I second the observation on the smoothness compared to my favoured KCG. Specially on my neck.

Cheers,

Guido

This years Shark Week left me with the impression that the Shark Stainless Steel blade is an underrated blade, at least for my face. I am going to call it a decent mid tier blade with a smoother edge than the P&G Russian blades. YMMV
So between last years and this years Shark Week, I had two very nice blades, and two really not good blades, one of each both years, all out of the same tuck. The good shark blades were wonderful, but I wouldn’t consider them as smooth as some P&G blades I like.

Question for the Shark users:

I recently received a blade sample pack, as a kind gesture from @dmshaver and B&B. I recently used the shark platinum, which came in a white envelope with red and blue lettering.

Is this different from the shark blade that comes in the yellow envelope? Where can I find/purchase the shark blade in the white envelope with red and blue lettering?

I recently used the shark platinum, which came in a white envelope with red and blue lettering.

Is this different from the shark blade that comes in the yellow envelope?
Yes, Super Stainless and Super Chrome come in a yellow wrapper. I don’t think you can tell the latter 2 apart without opening it, but I don’t have mine in front of me to be sure.

Where can I find/purchase the shark blade in the white envelope with red and blue lettering?
Razorbladeclub, Tryablade, rocket guy’s web site,… pretty much anywhere with a reasonable selection of blades should have all the Sharks.

Last edited:
Yes, Super Stainless and Super Chrome come in a yellow wrapper. I don’t think you can tell the latter 2 apart without opening it, but I don’t have mine in front of me to be sure.

Razorbladeclub, Tryablade, rocket guy’s web site,… pretty much anywhere with a reasonable selection of blades should have all the Sharks.
Thank you! OK, so I think I understand- Shark Platinum = white wrapper w/ red & blue lettering. Shark Super Stainless & Super Chrome = yellow wrapper. I have one of the latter in my sampler pack, but haven't tried it yet.

While the image doesn't show the individual wrappers, am I safe to conclude this is the Platinum w/ white wrapper?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Today's shave, WAY past due for SharkoArko week! I believe it was only my 3rd? Anyway, here's a picture:
IMG_20220811_164800222.jpg

The TWENTIETH use of that blade, and probably it's best! Seriously, an easy 10/10 ALMOST BBS shave. The razor gifted me by @HDSledge deserves all the credit. Respect it and it delivers.
Here is the AS:
IMG_20220811_170027927_HDR~2.jpg

Today's shave, WAY past due for SharkoArko week! I believe it was only my 3rd? Anyway, here's a picture:
View attachment 1503305
The TWENTIETH use of that blade, and probably it's best! Seriously, an easy 10/10 ALMOST BBS shave. The razor gifted me by @HDSledge deserves all the credit. Respect it and it delivers.
Here is the AS:
View attachment 1503307

Congratulations! Some blades simply get better with use!! :straight::straight:

Top Bottom