What's new

Shark Week – July 11-18, 2023 is only 3 months away

I will participate once again. I have used SS and SC in the past two years, preferring SS hands down.

Shark week seems sort of tame any more. Shark blades, well, they just aren't that dangerous at all.

Why not allow something like this, to liven things up a bit?

1686913400735.png

In order to preserve the original intent and purpose of Shark week, I am abandoning the proposal of the Assured razor (and especially the blades.) We aren't here for blood after all, just sharks.

What I will do this year is intended to venerate the traditional while adding a dimension of asceticism:
I will use Shark blades, Arko stick shaving soap, and I will shave in the shower without the benefit of artificial light.
In other words, it will be "Arko-Sharko-in-the-dark-o" week for me this year.

I am looking forward to Shark Week. I still have plenty of chrome, stainless and platinum. Darned if I can remember the one that worked best. I do remember the Jaws .84 felt best wih Shark blades.

What with P&G moving Gillette blade production out of Russia, I thought it was time to sample blades from other places. I think that apart from Feather and Personna, almost the only blades I have used in my 10+ years of DE use are Russian-made Gillette. I must have used and appreciated pretty much all of them, but since they are likely to change their characteristics to a greater or lesser extent, it seemed like a good opportunity to sample what other blade brands from Egypt, India and Greece have to offer.

Do I actually need more blades? No, I have a few hundred in store, but the ceaseless experimentation with different things is one of the aspects I enjoy about traditional shaving, and so I have a sampler of popular Indian and Egyptian blades on the way to me, plus a few randoms that I never hear people talking about.

All of which is a very long-winded way of saying that I will have some Shark Super Stainless and Super Chrome on hand by the time Shark week arrives...so I am in!

So, I now have tucks of Super Stainless, Super Chromes AND Platinums on the way. The thing is, with Shark Week being only a week, I will probably only get to sample one or two blades (I shave every other day but usually only get 2-4 shaves to a blade). Which ones should I start with? Is there a widely acknowledged "best blade" in the Shark shiver?

So, I now have tucks of Super Stainless, Super Chromes AND Platinums on the way. The thing is, with Shark Week being only a week, I will probably only get to sample one or two blades (I shave every other day but usually only get 2-4 shaves to a blade). Which ones should I start with? Is there a widely acknowledged "best blade" in the Shark shiver?
Excellent! We expect a detailed comparison (and YMMV for sure)!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

My face likes the Super Stainless and Plats, but, for me, the Chromes were a feeding frenzy and they still haven't found my body!!

I would recommend you start with Super Chrome blades. It can only get better from there! 🤣

What with P&G moving Gillette blade production out of Russia, I thought it was time to sample blades from other places. I think that apart from Feather and Personna, almost the only blades I have used in my 10+ years of DE use are Russian-made Gillette. I must have used and appreciated pretty much all of them, but since they are likely to change their characteristics to a greater or lesser extent, it seemed like a good opportunity to sample what other blade brands from Egypt, India and Greece have to offer.

Do I actually need more blades? No, I have a few hundred in store, but the ceaseless experimentation with different things is one of the aspects I enjoy about traditional shaving, and so I have a sampler of popular Indian and Egyptian blades on the way to me, plus a few randoms that I never hear people talking about.

All of which is a very long-winded way of saying that I will have some Shark Super Stainless and Super Chrome on hand by the time Shark week arrives...so I am in!

Welcome aboard! And TRY to stay in the boat, NOT the SHARK!! :hang: :hang:

Top Bottom