What's new

GIVEAWAY! Participation PIF: Surf vs Turf - Battle of the Beast Blades!!

Participation PIF: Surf vs. Turf - Battle of the Beast Blades!!

There are nightwares just below the water's surface, lurking, hunting, ready to rock your boat!! There are terrors just inside the forest's edge, shadows that move, leaves that flutter, watching you!! When Beast Blades Battle, which side will prevail?? Are you TEAM SURF or are you TEAM TURF??? You must pick a side!!

In conjunctions with @BigJ's Shark Week 2023 - July 11 thru 18, we give you the Battle of Beast Blades!! Land Beasts (Rhinos and Eagles) versus Sea Monsters (Sharks, JAWS, Swordfish)!! @AnimalCatcher and @lasta have wrangled up 100 Rhino Blades, 100 Pink Flying Eagle Blades, 100 Yellow Flying Eagle Blades, and 100 Swordfish (JianYu) Blades!!! I have several razor sharp JAWS Blades that @Chard52142 sent me for last year's Shark Week, and they are still hungry!!

BeastBlades_1_Of_2.jpg

(Hushed tone: according to Legend, the Rhino, Pink Flying Eagles, Yellow Flying Eagles, and Swordfish (JianYu) Blades come from the Gillette Blade Factory in Shanghai)

Participants will be able to customize your PIF Packages!!
  • Each Participant can select up to 10 Blades total of any combination you would like (I'll do my best to send what you ask for)
  • Up to 3 Blades each of the Rhinos, Swordfish, Pink Flying Eagles, and Yellow Flying Eagles
  • And 1 JAWS Blade (I have limited quantity and everyone may have 1 to try)
  • You'll have to supply your own Shark Blade (either Platinums, Super Stainless, Chromes, or a mixture)

BeastBlades_2_Of_2.jpg

This Participation PIF is opened to ALL (CONUS or International)!! We have over 400 Beast Blades to give out!! So, even if you've Participated in a PIF before, please sign up for this one, also!! These Blades are meant to Battle in Your Den!!

There are certain rules that apply:
  • You must have 10 quality posts (if you don't have 10, get posting!!)
  • You're willing to post at least 1 review of 2 different blades
  • Post 1 review of a Shark Themed Blade in @BigJ's Shark Week Thread
  • Have great fun with this Battle of the Beast Blade PIF

How to sign up for this Participation PIF?
  • Post your team - Team Surf or Team Turf and some disparaging comment (in a family-friendly way) about the other Team
  • Or "I'm In It For The Blades, Bub" if you don't want to choose a side
  • Don't wait, immediately after posting your intention to Participate, send a PM to me with:
    • Your Name
    • Complete Mailing Address (I'm in the US, so if you're international, please include your Country with your mailing address)
    • How many of Each Blade you would like (up to 10 Blades total)

The PIF Phase will begins NOW and runs until I run out of blades or requests stop coming in or I don't survive @BigJ's Shark Week

The Participation Phase begins whenever you receive your lot of Beast Battle Blades!!

Please remember to let me know when you've received the Blades (either in this thread or as a PM to me).

Yes, thanks to all who are helping make another great PIF possible! I declared well ahead of time that I wasn't going to get sucked in and I am still sticking with it. Everybody please get your blades and don't leave any homeless! I really don't have enough time right now, but I will happily follow along with The Battle of the Beast. :w00t:

@Grundi, back in 2017 a Flying Eagle Black Beauty darn near ripped off your face and mine. You're going to trust your face to two different Flying Eagles? OK, despite my Flying Eagle induced PTSD,
I just can't leave my old buddy behind to face a rematch alone, but this one scares me.

Just when I think I'm out.....they suck me back in again.
I'm in. Team Surf because those Eagles can't be trusted.

Thanks to @AnimalCatcher and @lasta for donating these weapons of face destruction.
Thanks to @Grundi for running this challenge.

Before I waste your postage to asia, are the chinese blades comparable to the russian blades?

Anyone knows?
I can tell you from personal experience...yes. At least one of these blades is a very good blade.

Because of the really bad experience that I and @lancre had (thank you, @lancre, for not making me face these Flying Eagles by myself!!), and because of a really good experience with Super Nacets (thank you, @LooneyToons816, these are very good blades), and because the wrappers of the Beast Blades were so similar to the Super Nacets (down to the same shaped wrapper and inner advertisement), I broke one of my very long standing rules - not to try the blades until Participants have begun to receive theirs.

I tried one of the Pink Flying Eagle Blades. The Verdict - these are very good blades. It took the 1st shave to get going, and the 1st shave was good, but not great. After the 1st shave, the next 5 shaves were very good.

Top Bottom