What's new

SHARK WEEK 2023: July 11-18!!

I havent had time for a picture yesterday and today, but I paired the Shark Platinum with my Canadian Tech.
Smooth sailing, no fins spotted.

Lovely razor and works very well for me with the Shark Platinum.
I've had fun, actually forgot about the 100 pack I had stashed away. Thanks for this adventure, I have realised I need to slide these blade into my regular rotation!

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

Shark Week 1 of 2023 Shave 6​

Shark Platinum Super Stainless (57)
Fatip Nobile Safety Razor Open Comb with Faux Horn Handle.
MDC Original
Zenith Boar Brush
In my opinion, the best scuttle design ever.

There was no🩸 in the water. DFS.

I was thinking. If I had seven razors loaded on January 1. I could go all year without charging a blade

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

AB0AFA7D-3C23-432E-8DBF-CD6B3DDBD133.jpeg

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

Shark Week 1 of 2023 Shave 7​

Shark Platinum Super Stainless (58)
Fatip Nobile Safety Razor Open Comb with Faux Horn Handle.
Tallow Tabac
Zenith Boar Brush
In my opinion, the best scuttle design ever.

There was no🩸 in the water. DFS.

Thank you B&B and @BigJ for yet another fun Shark week

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

074EAEF5-CC19-4D80-9CB7-6B4C3117B3A6.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash, Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream Shave
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Brush: AP Shave Co Emerald synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Jaws .84
Blade: Shark Platinum (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash, Stirling Orange Chill Witch Hazel and Aloe, Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Stirling Bay Rum aftershave splash and EDT

Third and final shave of Shark Week...better than the first and the second! DFS/BBS...no blood in the water. October 11th through the 18th, 2023...a great Shark Week! Honestly, I'm now a big fan of this Shark Platinum blade and this Jaws razor...a pretty darn good combination.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

A_20230718_084210_HDR.jpg

Metal Shark.jpg

Shark Week shave #9

Omega 10066 boar
LEA Classic puck
'55 Red Tip
Shark SS 🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈
Floid Vigoroso

After 5 shaves with this blade, I believe it is on its last legs fins. Still, it provided an acceptable shave with no blood.

Many thanks to @BigJ for hosting this year, and to all who participated for sharing your thoughts, humor, disappointments and tragedies.

A special thank you to Air/Sea Rescue, EMTs, Emergency Room workers and blood donors for helping us all survive the week.

Pre-Shave: Cold water splash, Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream Shave
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Brush: AP Shave Co Emerald synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Jaws .84
Blade: Shark Platinum (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash, Stirling Orange Chill Witch Hazel and Aloe, Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Stirling Bay Rum aftershave splash and EDT

Third and final shave of Shark Week...better than the first and the second! DFS/BBS...no blood in the water. October 11th through the 18th, 2023...a great Shark Week! Honestly, I'm now a big fan of this Shark Platinum blade and this Jaws razor...a pretty darn good combination.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

View attachment 1688154
View attachment 1688155
Nice handle there Jack! Looks like a marriage between a Karve CB and Razorock Halo handle.

Well the final Shark week shave. Thank you @BigJ for another great Shark week, this is a week that SoS appreciates since it shares our love for shark blades with more people. Some love them like us, some loath them and others are not overly impressed and everything in between but more importantly the experience is more shared.

IMG_20230718_082901~3.jpg

Using the same kit for all of Shark week (swapped from .68 Jaws and .84 Jaws)

Razor: RR .84 Jaws
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (4)
Soap: Abysso (next year should get Divers down)
Splash: Abysso

Tallow Tabac Tuesdays! (Thanks @JAHE)
Final Day (#8) Of SHARK WEEK, 2023
Still In GRUME & GRUYERE
PXL_20230705_132913775b.jpg

So...the final day of SHARK WEEK and thankfully I am bloodless.
The week has been fun. The SS blade remains smooth but not as sharky sharp as the beginning of the week (8 days ago).
Thanks again @BigJ for starting the thread. BTW, how long ago did the thread start?

Since I have converted to face lathering, I have learned a few (new to me) tricks of the trade to get an excellent super slick lather. I think a good lather helps a blade that is not in its prime. Tabac makes it easy-peasy (a word I borrowed from @Guido75).
Satisfaction/Enjoyment 10+
Efficiency: 9.49
Please take care of yourself and each other.

Oh yeah,
My wife spent part of the week at Gulf Shores in Alabama. It was SHARK WEEK at the beach. Here is a photo she is sharing with all of us Sharkolites:

7207004164046945020.jpg
Thanks Kathy!👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Last edited:
Shark Week Shave 7

Gillette NEW Short Comb
Third blade -- Shark Super Chrome (1)
Etc. Etc...

Binned the last blade because it was dull out of the box, though still shaveable. Decided to mix it up a bit using a razor with teeth, the NEW Short Comb. Overall not a bad shave. Blade quality was somewhere between the first two, just a bit of tugging. The SC seemed a good match for this blade.

Still no blood but I still have one shave to go!

Don’t get overconfident! :letterk1::letterk1:

Well the final Shark week shave. Thank you @BigJ for another great Shark week, this is a week that SoS appreciates since it shares our love for shark blades with more people. Some love them like us, some loath them and others are not overly impressed and everything in between but more importantly the experience is more shared.

View attachment 1688211
Using the same kit for all of Shark week (swapped from .68 Jaws and .84 Jaws)

Razor: RR .84 Jaws
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (4)
Soap: Abysso (next year should get Divers down)
Splash: Abysso

You are most welcome Sir!! Shark Week have been Great FUN!!

And this Shark platinum has been far, far better than expected from my memory!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

My third and last shave of Shark Week 2023.

Pearl Flexi Open Comb with the Shark Super Chrome.
Master Soap Creations - Vintage Spice
Simpson Captain 2 - Best Badger

I only saw the Shark Week 2023 post with three days left to go.
I came out unscathed but I guess that should be expected with only spending three days in the waters.
I also left the Flexi OC until last and took my time today!

Big thanks to @BigJ for playing MC.

Some thoughts on the Pearl Flexi OC.
Firstly That Handle! Not only does it look awesome its also very non-slip. I find that low down its a great weekend shaver and at the other end it's very effecient.
It's excellent value for money.

See Y'all next year...

+1! Yes indeed!! Good diet and plenty of iron supplements should get you in great shape for the next excursion!! :a29::a29:

Shark Week Finale (platinum shave #4)

Razor:
Wolfman WR1 (of course)
Brush: Rudy Vey/EverReady 2-band
Soap: Cella red
Splash: Fine American blend

Comment: Close 9/10 shave today after careful prep and tons of protective Cella red lather!!

This Shark platinum behaved surprisingly well this year!!

THANKS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS!! :a14::a14::a14::a14:

20230717_084401.jpg

Razor: Timeless Stainless .68 OC, barber pole handle
Blade: Shark Platinum
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Long Rifle Brown Bess Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

My final shave of the Shark Week extravaganza went well. That blade is tired.

My thanks to @BigJ and all who participated!

I snaggled another shave out of Shark Week!
Feeling kind of lazy and have stuff to deal with so I was trying to keep it short.
It resulted in another excellent shave with the Shark SS 1/2 blades!
Loaded up the Leaf Triple and did a head and face shave with it.

No BLOOD!

The Leaf Triple doesn't do so well around my nose and mouth. Or maybe I don't do well with it. Either way, I got it done.

No complaints, no regrets, and I'm enjoying the clean fresh feeling and scent of Prorasso Verde!
The lather was phenomenally good! Shame so much had to go down the drain.

Good day and good shaving, Gentlemen.

Thanks to @BigJ for setting this one up. I was expecting a blood bath, but these Shark Super Stainless did me well.

29811635-1545-406A-A37F-3908638424A4.jpeg

This is actually yesterday's shave. better late than never, I hope (and sorry about the lack of "sharkiness").

2023-07-17N sotd.jpeg

ETHOS ShaveMD hit the spot big-time for me today. ShaveMD is, among other things, one of the tip-top most refreshing offerings among the contenders in my somewhat cluttered den.

Today's shave was also a delightful maiden voyage with a new to me Enders Speed Shaver. For now, I'll skip the long story that preceded the happy ending, but suffice it to say first, that this is a beautiful marbled butterscotch example, which is not at all apparent in todays photo, and second, that along with the soap and brush, it delivered a smooth and totally bloodless BBS shave. I was not expecting that, especially after having had to jump through a few hoops to get this particular Enders up and runni
ng.

Pre ..... Splash & Soak (comfortably hot water)
Brush ... Brad Sears 3 Band Super L7 (28mm)
Soap .... ETHOS ShaveMD (F Base)
Razor ... Butterscotch Enders Speed Shaver w Hendrix Classic Adapter (Mild) and Proline B-20
Post .... ETHOS ShaveMD SFS
Finish .. Bleu De Chanel EDP

Last edited:
Top Bottom