What's new

Shark Week – July 11-18, 2023 is only 3 months away

I will be placing an order soon, and will include a tuck of Sharks.
Which blades do the Sharkmeisters suggest? (SS, SC, Platinum)

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230508_133433-1.jpg

I'm ready for Shark week
Which blades do the Sharkmeisters suggest? (SS, SC, Platinum)
I prefer the platinums but Sharks are all the same when there's blood in the water

I picked up a tuck of Shark Super Chromes when I got my last soap order. I was going to wait until Shark Week to try them out but curiosity got the best of me. I loaded one in my trusty NEW Short Comb on Monday and had at it. I must say this blade made quite an impression on me. The only blades that even approached this level of quality were some 1949 Blue Blades that I tried a few years back.

Where do I even begin with the superlatives? This was the most unsharp blade and gave me the most uncomfortable shave that I can remember! Sure it gave me a close shave in a rip them out by the roots sort of way. Being stubborn or a masochist, perhaps both, I persevered for two more days. The blade actually smoothed out a bit but by the end of today's shave I came to the realization that it wasn't getting any sharper. I'm slow like that.

What conclusions can I draw? Maybe I got a dud? Maybe these are fakes? Others get decent shaves from these blades so they can't be all that bad. Clearly more testing is necessary. I guess this is a long winded way of saying that when I comes to Shark Week this year...I'm in!

Reactions: Kix
I bought 200 Shark Super Chrome blades long ago, when I knew very little about wet shaving. Today, they are not my favorite blade. Nope.
I need to acquire some Shark Super Stainless or Platinums to see if they perform better.
If anyone needs some Super Chromes, let me know... I've got some extras! :lol1:

I bought 200 Shark Super Chrome blades long ago, when I knew very little about wet shaving. Today, they are not my favorite blade. Nope.
I need to acquire some Shark Super Stainless or Platinums to see if they perform better.
If anyone needs some Super Chromes, let me know... I've got some extras! :lol1:
I recently purchased 100 Platinums for $7.99 on Amazon. That’s the lowest I’ve ever seen them. I plan to try them sometime next week.

I've never used a Shark blade, but have a tuck of the Super Chrome. Considering some of the posts on this thread, should I instead get the Plats or SS for Shark Week? Which one is considered the sharpest? Which is considered the smoothest?

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I've never used a Shark blade, but have a tuck of the Super Chrome. Considering some of the posts on this thread, should I instead get the Plats or SS for Shark Week? Which one is considered the sharpest? Which is considered the smoothest?
The super chrome are rough and handed me one of my worst ever maulings many years ago. Both the plants and SS are smoother, but my personal preference is for the plats as I get on well with most platinum blades

The super chrome are rough and handed me one of my worst ever maulings many years ago. Both the plants and SS are smoother, but my personal preference is for the plats as I get on well with most platinum blades

SHARK WEEK is coming!! You will soon get the chance to revisit this issue!! :devil::devil::devil:

I'll see about picking up some platinums. Though one week of horror with the chrome may not be too bad. We'll see....

In anticipation of Shark Week, I snagged a couple of tucks of Shark Platinums and Super Stainless blades.
I've got Super Chromes galore, but they aren't my favorite blades.
If anyone is looking for Super Chromes, there's a giveaway in the Shaver of Sharks thread in the Clubs and Brotherhoods forum.

Top Bottom