What's new

SHARK WEEK 2023: July 11-18!!

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

Shark Week 1 of 2023 Shave 6​

Shark Platinum Super Stainless (57)
Fatip Nobile Safety Razor Open Comb with Faux Horn Handle.
MDC Original
Zenith Boar Brush
In my opinion, the best scuttle design ever.

There was no🩸 in the water. DFS.

I was thinking. If I had seven razors loaded on January 1. I could go all year without charging a blade

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

View attachment 1688138

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

Shark Week 1 of 2023 Shave 7​

Shark Platinum Super Stainless (58)
Fatip Nobile Safety Razor Open Comb with Faux Horn Handle.
Tallow Tabac
Zenith Boar Brush
In my opinion, the best scuttle design ever.

There was no🩸 in the water. DFS.

Thank you B&B and @BigJ for yet another fun Shark week

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

View attachment 1688146

You are most welcome!!

IMO, you ’need’ another razor to assure that you really could make it through the year!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
Β 
This is actually yesterday's shave. better late than never, I hope (and sorry about the lack of "sharkiness").

View attachment 1688302

ETHOS ShaveMD hit the spot big-time for me today. ShaveMD is, among other things, one of the tip-top most refreshing offerings among the contenders in my somewhat cluttered den.

Today's shave was also a delightful maiden voyage with a new to me Enders Speed Shaver. For now, I'll skip the long story that preceded the happy ending, but suffice it to say first, that this is a beautiful marbled butterscotch example, which is not at all apparent in todays photo, and second, that along with the soap and brush, it delivered a smooth and totally bloodless BBS shave. I was not expecting that, especially after having had to jump through a few hoops to get this particular Enders up and runni
ng.

Pre ..... Splash & Soak (comfortably hot water)
Brush ... Brad Sears 3 Band Super L7 (28mm)
Soap .... ETHOS ShaveMD (F Base)
Razor ... Butterscotch Enders Speed Shaver w Hendrix Classic Adapter (Mild) and Proline B-20
Post .... ETHOS ShaveMD SFS
Finish .. Bleu De Chanel EDP

Thanks for participating!!

Love that razor!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
Β 
View attachment 1688272
Razor: Timeless Stainless .68 OC, barber pole handle
Blade: Shark Platinum
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Long Rifle Brown Bess Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

My final shave of the Shark Week extravaganza went well. That blade is tired.

My thanks to @BigJ and all who participated!

You are most welcome, Sir!!

Thanks for participating in this FUN event!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:
Β 

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

IT'S SHARK WEEK!​

Razor: Wolfman WR2 .95
Blade: Shark Super Stainless(4)
Brush: Mistura
Soap: WK La Fougere Parfaite
ASL: Aqua Velva
Balm:
20230719_061713[1].jpg

The family was sleeping in again, so I managed to get in a splendid morning shave around 6:45am.
The Shark SS was so tame when paired with my Wolfman and Blackbird, I wanted to give it another try to determine if the blade was worn, or just a bad match for my Ti95.
After another swimmingly good and bloodless shave with the Shark SS in my WR2, I can dubiously say the blade is fine.
All I needed was one singular N-S pass with some buffing near the edges of my beard and Bob was my Uncle.
The Aqua Velva felt so refreshing after a mild dousing of Witch hazel I completely forgot to apply the Nivea balm.

Have some amazing shaves and keep the blood inside

~doug~
Β 
Date
365 daily shaves
201/365
GRUME July
20/31
SOTMC
20/31
Consistency Shaves
18/31
Blade Biter’s Archive03/32

RazorBladeBrush
Fatip Piccolo Nickel* (F)
Matador Deluxe (H)
Shark Platinum (14)
KCG (5)
Kox Blue Synthetic
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Dutchy BergamotCold splash
Aftershave
Balm
* OEM Handle

PassesWTG XTG ATG
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20 m)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.5/10 (DFS++)
8/10 (Smooth)

Notes to this shave:

I promise tomorrow is the final shave with this blade.

General - a nice and comfortable face and head shave today. Feeling smooth and nourished.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!
Β 
I'm still trying to catch up!

Second Super Stainless blade in the Slim on 5. I was running a little late so I showered and used some regular Barbasol foam. Really I think this blade/razor combo isn't working. The chrome felt great. The stainless has been mediocre. On the plus side, no nicks, cuts or irritation. Also, not very close or smooth.
Β 
I have a strange shave. Face. I thought I had a Jaws blade from last year, looked everywhere and did not find it
Checked a Leaf razor that has been staring at me.....now I know for a year....opened it (to throw away the blades.....and JAWS).
So I used it as the edge looked ok (with no glasses).
Cream: Trader Joes Mango
AS Aquavelva blue Spain.

2+ passes, no cuts, no blood, the result was acceptable and a bit of burning w AS.

All in all a good shave.

I took the blades out, and one was rusty, even the razor.....another 1st for me.....

Oh and I found the stickers from last year..... Thanks Grundi.
Β 

Attachments

• PXL_20230721_032054785~2.jpg
    PXL_20230721_032054785~2.jpg
    1.3 MB Β· Views: 6
Date
365 daily shaves
202/365
GRUME July
21/31
SOTMC
21/31
Consistency Shaves
19/31
Blade Biter’s Archive03/32

RazorBladeBrush
Fatip Piccolo Nickel*Shark Platinum (15+16)Kox Blue Synthetic
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Dutchy BergamotCold splash
Aftershave
Balm
* OEM Handle

PassesWTG XTG ATG
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20 m)9.5/10 (tiny spot)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.5/10 (DFS++)
8/10 (Smooth)

Notes to this shave:

General - wonderful last face and head shave with this blade. CCS on the head and DFS on the face. Really nice blade and a nice ending to Extended Shark Week.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!
Β 

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

IT'S SHARK WEEK!​

Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Shark Super Stainless(5)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
ASL: the "Veg"
Balm: Nivea Sensitive
20230721_071952.jpg

The Lupo 95 came a calling this morning and paired with the Shark SS provided me with a noisy, but efficient shave.
One N-S pass on my neck was all that I needed to let me know this setup is a keeper.

Thanks to @Mike M for his glowing review of his Lupo 95 and Shark blade, this was probably the best shave I have had with my Lupo, and very near the comfort zone I so desire when only shaving my neck.

The Witch hazel went on like water, the "Veg" was invigorating, and I remembered to follow up with the Nivea balm, as we have been enduring a heat wave for the last week, with temps supposed to hit 109 today.

The heat notwithstanding, I got the engine hoist and engine stand out of the trailer and assembled yesterday, and I got a Renology Solar Controller hooked up to the battery in my Tuff Shed to keep it all charged up for the radio. Got to have tunes.

Have some great shaves and keep the sharks at bay

~doug~
Β 

IT'S SHARK WEEK!​

Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Shark Super Stainless(5)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
ASL: the "Veg"
Balm: Nivea Sensitive
View attachment 1689799
The Lupo 95 came a calling this morning and paired with the Shark SS provided me with a noisy, but efficient shave.
One N-S pass on my neck was all that I needed to let me know this setup is a keeper.

Thanks to @Mike M for his glowing review of his Lupo 95 and Shark blade, this was probably the best shave I have had with my Lupo, and very near the comfort zone I so desire when only shaving my neck.

The Witch hazel went on like water, the "Veg" was invigorating, and I remembered to follow up with the Nivea balm, as we have been enduring a heat wave for the last week, with temps supposed to hit 109 today.

The heat notwithstanding, I got the engine hoist and engine stand out of the trailer and assembled yesterday, and I got a Renology Solar Controller hooked up to the battery in my Tuff Shed to keep it all charged up for the radio. Got to have tunes.

Have some great shaves and keep the sharks at bay

~doug~

’…keep the sharks at bay.’ Great advice!!
Β 
I decided I would continue using the Shark blades to finish them out. Wednesday and Thursday I loaded the Chrome into a Rex Ambassador. Both shaves were very good, DFS+ with no issues. After 5 shaves, the Chrome still seemed to have some life in it so today I tried something different. Today, I loaded the Chrome into the Flexi OC Adjustable. I really like the Flexi OC and have used it with a number of different blades. I was very curious how the Flexi would do with a Chrome on it's sixth shave. Well, what a surprise, it was smooth and I was able to achieve a BBS! I probably said this last year and the year before, the Chrome is a good blade for me. I still have the Platinum with only 2 shaves on it so Sunday, I will load it up and how many shaves it has left in it. Happy shaves to all!
Β 
Shark Week Shaves - JAWS Blades

TL;DR -
late to the party, 6 shaves with a JAWS, good shaves, some weepers due to distractions

Equipment: SCS Model A razor, JAWS Blade, Tabac shave stick

Shaves: the JAWS blade performed very nicely in my SCS Model A, the 2nd shave was best, but all shaves were nice, with a weeper or two at the base of my neck due to not paying as close attention as I should have. Because the SCS Mod A covers the edges of the blade, I did not have to be careful around my nose. Tabac has always provided an excellent lather so that the Blade can showcase its abilities.

(Sorry, @BigJ, for the late post)
Β 
Top Bottom