What's new

Shark Week – July 11-18, 2023 is only 3 months away

I missed the previous years but this time around, I am definitely in. Shark blades never really worked too well for me previously, especially in my milder razors. But I have a couple of more efficient ones (Merkur Futur, Yaqi Telstar and some other adjustables) and all the different Shark varieties seems to work best for me at higher settings. Super Chrome is so far my favorite. Can't wait!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Ready!

Shortfin-mako-shark-seas.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Shark week is fast aproaching. I am ready. Are you? I still have some shark blades from @Grundi excellent shark week PIF from last year.

Shark Week – July 11-18, 2023
If Shark Week is in mid July I'm going to have to rethink my annual celebration of ARKO-SHARKO AUGUST, WHOLE HOG. No way I can do six straight weeks of Arko soap and Shark blades.

Whole hog shmole hog.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
They had a land based shark tournament. The winner was a fisherman that caught a 1000 pound + Hammerhead off of a Palm beach, beach.
I used to watch the shark competition held off Hyannisport, Cape Cod each summer back in the early 80s. I believe that tournament is what started the whole shark week craze. That, and of course, Jaws, which was filmed in Martha's Vineyard just a bit off shore from Hyannis.

Back in 1960 I use to do lot of Surfing. We use LongBoards, no WetSuits. Never heard of Surfer being attacked by a Shark.

Today many Surfers have tangled with Sharks. I think Surfer are mistaken for Seal, and SeaLions because of BLACK WET SUITS.

Also use to Scubs Dive all over California, Channel Island’s, and Catalina.

Only one time in 100’s of dive did I personally encounter a Shark bigger than me. It want fish on my spear, I complied. It swam away with my fish.

Sharks are fun to watch in wild.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Each year as the sun set on the evening of the twenty-second of June my grandfather would slowly shake his head and sadly announce that "The days are growing shorter."
My daughter was unfortunate enough to be born on 21st December, the shortest day of the year so it's easy to remember when the days start getting longer

Top Bottom