What's new

My New Favorite Thing....I Think I'm in Love.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Let me throw a monkey wrench in all of this.

I use Marvel Mystery Oil to clean and lube all of my weapons!
There. I said it!

Was told by a Captain of the Knox County (Knoxville, TN) Sheriff’s Department (one who is in charge of such things) that all they use for their entire arsenal is Mobil 1.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 966785 View attachment 966782 View attachment 966783
Yeah, that is a characteristic of the horsehide Ryan uses. It is distinctive. More so in the lighter colors

I like the holster in the top pic of this post @Acmemfg, What's the name of it? I like the brown and tan mottled look and I like the idea of the smaller holster with a lower profile and single, belt loop, for a smaller, lighter pistol, instead of dual snaps on either side. I would definitely want a matching mag pouch.

Isn't cowhide thinner then horsehide? I'm good with cowhide.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Isn't cowhide thinner then horsehide? I'm good with cowhide.

I thought it was the other way around, but I could be mistaken. If horsehide is thinner, tougher and more moisture resistant, it would be a good candidate material for an IWB holster instead of Kydex.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Was told by a Captain of the Knox County (Knoxville, TN) Sheriff’s Department (one who is in charge of such things) that all they use for their entire arsenal is Mobil 1.

Mobil 1 is a key ingredient to the "Ed's Red" and/or "USMC Red" lubricant mixtures, as is transmission fluid. Survivalist tip: If you ever have a dry weapon that needs lubricating, get some from your (or someone's) vehicle dipstick, either oil or transmission fluid.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It cleans and lubricates like nothing I have ever used before.

I know a guy that puts Marvel MO in a Stearman biplane, and flies it out over the Gulf of Mexico.

I bought it. Put it in my car and mower. That guy knows more than me.

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm continuing to dry fire as I watch TV, etc. (very irritating to SWMBO). Added a snap cap, not sure it's needed, but can't hurt. I believe the creep in the trigger is smoothing out.

Jeez...and with all this I have put the P365 in the passenger seat, replaced by the HK P2000 SK. And so it goes...

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
So post it already!

My off duty EDC. :)

IMG_0249.jpg

martym

This is mine pretty much.
Just the holster changes to fit my mood for the day.

756FF339-94C2-4F4A-A25F-971024377B13.jpeg

Missing the mag that is always in the watch pocket of my jeans or jean shorts

martym

It’s a plus 1 with a bit of a grip extender.
8 total and 6 in the extra mag.
When I looked at it I had to check cuz it sure did look like a plus 2.
Weird cuz I know I put 7 rounds in it but you caused me to doubt myself. Or maybe I just doubted myself

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
FC2DBCA0-C78B-43D9-B3EF-22DAC05D86A1.jpeg
6CC83756-280D-40D4-BCB2-BE5CAF98853F.jpeg
Went to the range this morning and ran another 200 rounds through my SIG 365 and 100 rounds through my Glock 19 on the plate rack. Shooting “the dots” is very challenging and humbling, but is a great way to remediate trigger control and flinching. After shooting the dots, my 15 yard performance of shooting the silhouette target was much improved from last week. Twenty rounds shot on the silhouette. Also put some rounds on other targets not shown at 7 ish yds., to warm up before shooting the dots.
The dots are shot at 12 ft., but I think mine this morning were out a bit farther, didn't have a way to measure the distance accurately. The idea is to put 5 shots on each dot. Dots measure about an inch. Harder than it looks.
I will be going back to the range again tomorrow for more remediation on trigger control. Also, I was shooting all WWB through the SIG and had no failures to feed or go fully into battery, that seems to have worked itself out during the first 100 rounds. Tomorrow I will be shooting all Blazer brass 115 gr. FMJ.

Last edited:
Top Bottom