What's new

My New Favorite Thing....I Think I'm in Love.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Not so much as compared to some shooting schools I've been to! I don't even have any blisters requiring Band-Aids!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
One of my favorite things to do is fire my new weapons to become proficient of course but to also learn which round and what grain each weapon prefers. That is so fun. Especially with rifles!!
My favorite pistol and hunting rifle both love Hornady!!!!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
After 700 rounds and a lot of dry firing, the trigger is smoothing out and is averaging under 6 1/2 lbs.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
After 700 rounds and a lot of dry firing, the trigger is smoothing out and is averaging under 6 1/2 lbs.

The trigger on my 365 is measuring around 6'ish also. But, is it just me, or does it feel much lighter then what it measures? Cuz my wife's G43 come in at 4.8 and I don't know if it feels any better or lighter then my 365?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I suspect that the trigger pull being longer kinda evens out the resitance of 6 pounds over the longer travel as compared to the Glock. The shorter travel of the Glock's trigger builds quicker in resistance, despite being lesser pounds, at least that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. Also, the SIG trigger does have some creep, which I don't appreciate in my Glocks, further spreading out the resistance. But the creep is only really noticeable if you are doing a very slow trigger pull and looking for it. But this is not the way you pull the trigger normally when firing it, so it is less noticeable.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I suspect that the trigger pull being longer kinda evens out the resitance of 6 pounds over the longer travel as compared to the Glock. The shorter travel of the Glock's trigger builds quicker in resistance, despite being lesser pounds, at least that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. Also, the SIG trigger does have some creep, which I don't appreciate in my Glocks, further spreading out the resistance. But the creep is only really noticeable if you are doing a very slow trigger pull and looking for it. But this is not the way you pull the trigger normally when firing it, so it is less noticeable.

This all makes sense to me.

Great shooting and I am glad your trigger is smoothing out. Those dots look brutal, but helpful. Your rapid fire is good too. I always tend to pull low left a little rapid fire with a small gun.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Stripped down and detail cleaned the SIG for the first time after 700 rounds, re-lubricated and applied some more Brownell's "Action Lube Plus" (a moly grease) to the sear and striker engagement surfaces. Although the pull measures the same 6 1/2 -ish pounds, it feels lighter and smoother than even before the cleaning job.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
1BEE7801-C09E-4FEA-8353-8FAC176CC654.jpeg
Ready for CCW in my DIY Kydex IWB rig!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well I finally got back to the range, which until recently the access roads were flooded, or I had to work. Put another 350 rounds through it, got a blister on my trigger finger, so my SIG P 365 officially has 1050 factory rounds through it. Time to start cranking out reloads on the Dillon.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
By the way, a guy shooting beside me had a P 365 and had the extractor fail at about a 1k rounds. He sent it back to SIG for repair and they sent him a whole new gun!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Put another 300 rounds through my P 365, current round count 1350. But it was not without issues. I loaded up 200 reloads and had to switch projectiles as I ran out of my preferred 124 gr. plated truncated cone bullets. I switched to 124gr. plated hollow points which have a more tapered profile, not unlike the standard FMJ round nose bullets. I have never loaded these before or shot them through any of my guns. I used the same charge of Bluedot powder that I use with my 124 gr. TC. Should be good for about 1050 FPS or more. All cases properly sized, taper crimped, seated to the same OAL and all passed through a loaded cartridge gage properly. I had all kinds of FTF (failure to feed), FTE, not going fully into battery, etc. But every "bad round" subsequently was reloaded into the magazine and fired as normal. After shooting 200 rounds of reloads, I fired another 100 rounds of factory WWB 115gr. FMJ. These functioned much better, but there were still a couple of FTF.
But most concerning was that some of the failures to go into battery was because the plate on the rear of the slide that covers the striker, was sliding down and blocking full forward return of the slide. The plate was fairly easily pushed back into place with a bit of fidgeting and the gun then functioned as normal, until it happed again. This happened a few times. I believe that the striker spring pressure is what normally holds the rear plate in place.
When I got back home, I examined the pistol. The extractor was not chipped or broken, but it was heavily fouled. The pistol was dirtier than I expected. I had cleaned the gun after the first 700 rounds of various factory ammo. I had subsequently fired another 350 rounds of factory ammo last week without cleaning it afterwards. And then 300 rounds today.
I'm thinking extreme fouling is causing most of these issues. If fouling is causing a delay in the striker resetting, perhaps that is what is causing the back plate to slip down due to a temporary lack of tension from the striker spring?
I will do a detailed cleaning before I shoot the P365 again, paying particular attention to the extractor and striker, removing the striker from the slide if possible. I will shoot some more factory ammo when cleaned. If that does not correct things, I will consider sending the gun back to SIG. If everything returns to normal, I'll retry my reloads again with both types of projectiles (I have ordered more 124 gr. TC projos).

Last edited:
Top Bottom