What's new

My New Favorite Thing....I Think I'm in Love.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 967854 View attachment 967855 Went to the range this morning and ran another 200 rounds through my SIG 365 and 100 rounds through my Glock 19 on the plate rack. Shooting “the dots” is very challenging and humbling, but is a great way to remediate trigger control and flinching. After shooting the dots, my 15 yard performance of shooting the silhouette target was much improved from last week. Twenty rounds shot on the silhouette. Also put some rounds on other targets not shown at 7 ish yds., to warm up before shooting the dots.
The dots are shot at 12 ft., but I think mine this morning were out a bit farther, didn't have a way to measure the distance accurately. The idea is to put 5 shots on each dot. Dots measure about an inch. Harder than it looks.
I will be going back to the range again tomorrow for more remediation on trigger control. Also, I was shooting all WWB through the SIG and had no failures to feed or go fully into battery, that seems to have worked itself out during the first 100 rounds. Tomorrow I will be shooting all Blazer brass 115 gr. FMJ.

Wow! That didn't take long! Nice shooting!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Yeah well, I have not kept up with frequent pistol practice the last couple of years, much to my shame, having shot mostly rifles, but I'm back in the game. I've had enough training that I know what to do, usually, to remediate my lack of practice. I hope to get back up to speed soon.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The other day at quals the guy who scored my target told me to space out my rounds cuz he couldn’t count them. I laughed and shot the next qual with my right hand.
I shoot rifles and shotguns right handed and pistols with both but prefer left and carry left. I write with my left too.
But I am right eye dominant.
I am so weird!!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The other day at quals the guy who scored my target told me to space out my rounds cuz he couldn’t count them. I laughed and shot the next qual with my right hand.
I shoot rifles and shotguns right handed and pistols with both but prefer left and carry left. I write with my left too.
But I am right eye dominant.
I am so weird!!

You ain't weird... Is that Prime Rib in your avatar?

martym

A gorgeous ribeye
I love ribeyes Rare to Blue Rare depending on my mood and the quality of the cut.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Also of note re: dramatic improvement of the grouping on the silhouette targets, the first target on the range/gotd thread was controlled rapid fire to compare the relative controllability of the SIG 365 and the Kahr PM9, where as yesterdays improved grouping was at least partially due to slow deliberate fire for accuracy, but I'm sure that trigger control work on the dots drill helped as well.
Wow! That didn't take long! Nice shooting!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Dang, 90% chance of rain this morning, may be shooting more steel than paper. "If it ain't raining, it ain't training"! Firing line is covered.

martym

Real life training!!
No other way to go!
I love it at night with lights and sirens.
Gets that heart a pumping!!
Keep it up!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Cold, windy and light rain. Put another 400 rounds through the SIG 365 this morning. Blazer Brass 115 gr. 350 rounds, functioned flawlessly. Then shot 50 rounds of Winchester NATO 124 gr. and had a few failures to go into battery, but it may be that the gun hadn't been cleaned ever in 650 rounds! I will clean it thoroughly before I shot it again. I have another 150 Win. NATO rounds left, it will be interesting to see how they function once the gun is cleaned.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
2E5E1A50-D070-458A-8E74-E51BD1E1A4B8.jpeg

Todays 15 yd. target shot with Blazer Brass 115gr., 30 rounds.
This was after shooting 320 rounds on the "dots" drill.
Shot another 50 rounds on the steel plate rack.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Nice shooting!

Thanks. Compared to yesterdays target, todays group is better centered despite still having some shots pulled low left. A lot more work to do to keep from pulling my shots left. Just working on basic remedial shooting skills before going for speed or anything tactically oriented.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm not at the point in my remediation where I can shoot and chew gum at the same time.

Top Bottom