What's new

My New Favorite Thing....I Think I'm in Love.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Not daunting at all, just hate to have wasted almost 2k rounds of ammo if reliability is not there with the first gun. If it is not reliable as a self defense gun, then it is just a range toy. I don't need a range toy. But I did need the practice, LOL! But I do need a gun that functions with reloads to keep the cost of continued practice down.

Lemons can and do show up in everything made by man.
My P365 has been flawless after the first 3-4 magazines.
Only issue there was the slide failed to return completely to battery a few times. Healthy dose of RemOil and another 50 rounds solved that problem quicksmart.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Not daunting at all, just hate to have wasted almost 2k rounds of ammo if reliability is not there with the first gun. If it is not reliable as a self defense gun, then it is just a range toy. I don't need a range toy. But I did need the practice, LOL! But I do need a gun that functions with reloads to keep the cost of continued practice down.

I hear ya.

No ammo sent down range is ever wasted.

+1

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
As daunting as that may seem, it might be the best option. I ran mine hard and fast. Looking back at it, I'm glad I did. Not to say that it won't have any issues down the road, but I have the utmost confidence in mine as a reliable tool for self defense.

+1. I don’t think I have heard of any troubles after 2000 rounds just before.

Perhaps. Obviously they should have swapped out the striker assembly. I'd almost wish for them to just send me a striker assembly and let me swap it out myself, but I also feel the barrels chamber could have slightly looser tolerances, but they are probably all like that? A new gun, a new break in period, and new paper work.
Sorry to hear of the continuing issues. I’m sure they’ll take care of you, but it sure does suck to keep starting over.

Good luck.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So SIG is sending me a new gun and supposedly an extra 12 rnd magazine to compensate me for the cost ($30.00) for the 4473 paperwork.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My new replacement P365 should arrive at the LGS tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up the next day. The free 12 rnd. magazine should arrive to my house by Friday. I'll start a new thread to document my experience with the replacement P 365.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Picked up the replacement P 365 today at the LGS. I will begin the break in process tomorrow and document same in a new thread " SIG P365 Redux".

Top Bottom