What's new

My New Favorite Thing....I Think I'm in Love.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
^ This. Or two! Duel wielding a pair of SIG 365s would truly rock!

@OkieStubble , I have no doubt you are right. The Kahr's trigger is buttery smooth. The Sig still needs to break in, which will happen in short order as I can get back to the range. The 365's trigger was just a tad gritty but light to begin with and was already starting to smooth out at the end of 100 rounds. It was really to soon to try and shoot at 15 yds. I will revisit that distance, and further as the gun breaks in and I have more trigger time on it.
I am interested in how the trigger breaks in and how it carries. I’m in a similar situation with the Kahr CW9. It’s 7+1 so I don’t feel a terrible need to get the sig, but...I like new things too.

Also interested in the thickness difference. I carry iwb at 4:00. My CW9 is very similar in size to the sig in length and height. I love the grip size on the cw9, but it’s .2 of an inch bigger. I’m sure the sig has big enough grips for me. The cw9 is .1 inch longer so I’m fine with that. The Kahr is .9” thick compared to the sig at 1”. That’s 10% thinner and I like thin for iwb. Your Kahr is the same width. Do you carry them both iwb? Does the thickness make any notable difference? The CW9 is a few ounces lighter too especially loaded. Your Kahr even more so. Is that noticeable when carrying? I have handled a sig at the store but unloaded and never carried one to see how it feels.

My other 9 is a full size Ruger SR9 that is very uncomfortable to carry iwb but is huge comparatively. I’m interested in how sig carries compared to a Kahr as well as the trigger. I also love the Kahr triggers too.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The width of the slides are essentially identical, within a few thousands of an inch, not including protrusions of slide release or takedown lever. If you include those, the Kahr is actually wider! The SIG is only wider at the grip, which is not the part inside your waistband and even then you're only talking 0.1 inch. I have not carried the SIG yet, but I'm pretty sure it will do fine. I don't have a holster for it yet, I intend to try my hand at making my own Kydex IWB holster, I have the materials on hand. My well used Kahr's trigger is buttery smooth. The trigger on the SIG has some creep and is slightly gritty, but is smoothing out with use. I've only fired a hundred rounds through the gun and have done a lot of dry firing and can already tell the difference in just two days. I don't know if it will get quite as smooth as the Kahr, only time will tell, but I'm confident that it will be a non-issue either way in the long run. The length of travel of the SIGs trigger is a bit longer than the Kahrs, but in use shooting the two side by side, I didn't really notice a functional difference. I do find the SIG to be easier to shoot at 15 yds than the Kahr, which is stretching the intended distance for these compact ccw guns. If you see my post in the Range/GOTD thread and zoom in on the poor quality photos of the silhouette targets, I was able to keep all shots with the SIG within the scoring rings, whereas the Kahrs shots were all over the silhouette. I was not shooting for accuracy, but controlled(?) rapid fire. I obviously need more remedial practice, but the difference between the two guns is obvious. I will post more about the SIG as I shoot it more. I just got back from Academy Sports having bought another 750 rounds of assorted 9mm fodder. Picked up Blazer 115 gr. 350 round pack, WWB 115 gr. 200 round pack, and Winchester 124 gr. NATO 50 round boxes X 2. Looking forward to the week end!

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
FDF2EA48-9041-447F-A6B8-38547AB86BD7.jpeg
EF7E7C7E-116F-4C79-9628-5A2110714F62.jpeg
A747F70D-EE09-4BE9-9982-1A9592B0A0FD.jpeg

SIG slide width 0.903, Kahr slide width 0.901
Top view of SIG (L) side by side Kahr PM9 (R)
Thumb nails (not sure why that happened)
SIG grip width 0.976
Kahr grip width 0.911
SIG imposed over Kahr to show trigger travel distances

The only real advantage I see to the Kahr is that it's somewhat less likely to "print" when tucking in your shirt due to the shorter grip.

Attachments

• 69440048-DF4C-42C5-B095-8FA27625C765.jpeg
    69440048-DF4C-42C5-B095-8FA27625C765.jpeg
    873.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 3C241434-1B87-4C4E-9F84-F912FA7017BC.jpeg
    3C241434-1B87-4C4E-9F84-F912FA7017BC.jpeg
    832.4 KB · Views: 6
  • C45D4443-3BD6-473D-951F-B26A17602719.jpeg
    C45D4443-3BD6-473D-951F-B26A17602719.jpeg
    823.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Using my Lyman trigger pull gauge, the well broken in Kahr PM9s trigger pull averaged about 6 lbs. The new SIG 365 was between 6 1/2 to 7 lbs, but I have trouble measuring them accurately, because when the trigger breaks, the gauge bumps into the rear of the trigger housing and registers a falsely high reading. It will be interesting to see how the SIGs trigger pull changes as it breaks in. Also. I have not cleaned the SIG yet, so whatever manufacturing detritus there was is probably still there. More gris for the mill, as it were.

Using my Lyman trigger pull gauge, the well broken in Kahr PM9s trigger pull averaged about 6 lbs. The new SIG 365 was between 6 1/2 to 7 lbs, but I have trouble measuring them accurately, because when the trigger breaks, the gauge bumps into the rear of the trigger housing and registers a falsely high reading. It will be interesting to see how the SIGs trigger pull changes as it breaks in. Also. I have not cleaned the SIG yet, so whatever manufacturing detritus there was is probably still there. More gris for the mill, as it were.

Thanks so much. Great comparison! Looks like Sig made the perfect carry gun. At least it hit my sweetheart size! It might be easier to carry than my CW9 since the handle on the Sig is a touch shorter. That’s awesome that the slide is the same. That Sig magazine must be magic to hold 10 rounds.

I bet that trigger does smooth out a bit. I don’t mind travel distance or heavy pull on a trigger. Awesome pics on that by the way! I actually like shooting my 642 which feels like a long 10 lb pull, ha.

Kind of exciting to train with a new pistol. I hope you love it. Sounds like you have enough ammo to play for a while.

I’ll be following this.

Thanks again!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
No problem! I will be shooting the SIG every chance I get, along with the Kahr PM9 and my Glock 19 for comparisons on occasion, but mostly the SIG.

C’mon it’s a SIG SAUER!!!!
Superb German engineering, meticulous American manufacturing craftsmanship. Makers of the sidearm used by the US Armed Forces.
You deserve a fine, well made holster for this excellent weapon.
Uncle Mike’s?? Made in China?? Nah......

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So I separated the slide from the frame and applied a dab of Brownell's Action Lube Plus to the sear and striker engagement surfaces after wiping them off with a dry Q-tip. Trigger grittiness is gone, at least for now.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
C’mon it’s a SIG SAUER!!!!
Superb German engineering, meticulous American manufacturing craftsmanship. Makers of the sidearm used by the US Armed Forces.
You deserve a fine, well made holster for this excellent weapon.
Uncle Mike’s?? Made in China?? Nah......

Don't let @OkieStubble hear you dis Uncle Mikes!

Top Bottom