What's new

CCW - only 2 guns….

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Why does anyone have to prove it with pictures? To what end? What's acceptable to one person may not be acceptable to another, and it doesn't mean that anyone is less informed or knowledgeable than another if two experienced shooters have a difference of opinion. Jeeze, give it a rest. You're failing big time to impress anyone with your superior attitude.

Why does anyone have to prove it with pictures? To what end? What's acceptable to one person may not be acceptable to another, and it doesn't mean that anyone is less informed or knowledgeable than another if two experienced shooters have a difference of opinion. Jeeze, give it a rest. You're failing big time to impress anyone with your superior attitude.
About time someone said this. Not only here but on many other forums you see people arguing and arguing trying to make everyone agree with their viewpoint.

Very late to this party

As I have posted here and elsewhere before, concealed means concealed, it does not mean invisible to the trained eye at 1 meter absent a space where your CCW my cause issues at work, socially or in an otherwise non permissive environment.

Gun/Belt/Holster/Body Type/How you carry yourself/What clothes, cut, color, fabric, fit all come into play re CCW, particularly as the gun gets bigger and you go OWB

I know many a LEO who conceals a full sized pistol in owb, particularly kydex with relative ease in what would be considered a well fitting square bottomed button up shirt. I fully acknowledge that if you want to wear tighter clothing, a smaller gun and or IWB and/or AIWB can come into play.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Topic folk.

The thread ain't about your sartorial splendor.

The restrictions outlined in the OP truly represent difficult questions, mainly because some of the restrictions as stated don't seem to be related to what is actually allowed. How is a Glock 43 not a single action pistol? But the Glock is allowed. What about DA/SA pistols?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Topic folk.

The thread ain't about your sartorial splendor.

The restrictions outlined in the OP truly represent difficult questions, mainly because some of the restrictions as stated don't seem to be related to what is actually allowed. How is a Glock 43 not a single action pistol? But the Glock is allowed. What about DA/SA pistols?

I agree, but If’n I was a girl? I’d go out with him. Just sayin.

:)

OkieStubble

Lol. Do you even read your own posts? You roll up in here complaining you can’t find an IWB holster for your PCR , and I simply say get an OWB and you can carry it comfortably. Even qualified my comment by adding that I have a similar P01 that I carried comfortably in “jeans and a t shirt”. OBTW, Hopalong Cassidy is a cowboy and cowboys don’t wear baggy. FWIW I got a whole drawer full of unused, uncomfortable IWB holsters. Find the light Grasshopper!

He accuses people of false narratives and assumptions while he beats our posts over our heads with false narratives and assumptions…

I have tried to report him, my advice to others is to do the same? Once the moderation team sees more than one?
Justified action will be an inevitability on their part? :)

Think long think wrong! Hit that report button!

Prove it with pictures of what you wear in the summer in California while wearing your OWB holster. I think that would help quite a bit. People always make claims about being able to conceal, especially with threads about conceal carry saying this or that is the way, but never add their style of dress or add photos. I'd be really interested in seeing how you carry your CZ at 3 o'clock OWB with slim fitting clothing is all.
You're right, my bad. I'm just a dumb old cowboy. When somebody says "jeans and a t shirt", I'm thinking "jeans and t shirt." I'm not thinking skinny jeans and Mr. Metrosexual. Better leave your CZ at home because everybody is looking at you!

If any of you saw the movie Ronin (1998)
with De Niro in it

this was one of my fav part and so true when I hear folks argue about what is correct or try to tell others their viewpoint is the way :)
(as Okiestubble said define irony that made me crack a smile)

Anyway back to Ronin if you remember this part near the beginning (sam played by De Niro and Spence played by Sean Bean)

Spence : What do you use, weapons-wise?
Sam : Hm?
Spence : Weapons. I'm a weapons man.
Sam : Weapons man?
Spence : Yeah. They tend to settle the argument. So what do you favour?
Sam : Oh, you know, it's a toolbox. I don't care, you put the tools in for the job, that's all.
Spence : What?
Sam : You know, I actually favour the old 1911.
Spence : .45. Old gun.
Sam : It served my country well. A long time.
Spence : Your country. Not done too well though, have you, last few wars?
Sam : Perhaps not, but at least we don't go around whining about it.

OH and the ambush with a coffee cup scene was awesome to :)

my time in Honduras surely showed me one thing that situational awareness is something more folks need to train on and what how you carry is often so situational to the job or lifestyle there is no single “correct” way

On youtube the Shawn Ryan show is a great channel some great stories from many who have been in it

now if you have not seen Ronin I do say watch it :) great older movie with one of the best car chase scenes and some good lines like the above

Last edited:
You're right, my bad. I'm just a dumb old cowboy. When somebody says "jeans and a t shirt", I'm thinking "jeans and t shirt." I'm not thinking skinny jeans and Mr. Metrosexual. Better leave your CZ at home because everybody is looking at you!
Wow, lots of assumptions and you put words in my mouth. I never called you a dumb old cowboy, those were your words, but that says more about you than me. You got very defensive when I asked for proof to show what your setup looks like if you're able to conceal OWB in the summer just wearing jeans and a t-shirt while claiming you don't wear your clothing oversized (nobody said anything about skinny jeans, metrosexuals, etc., so not sure where that came from on your part.)

I usually wear Lee 101Z relaxed fit jeans or Wrangler 13WMZ Cowboy Cut jeans (refuse to wear Levi's because of their anti-2A stance and woke agenda) and a t-shirt, size large (I'm 6'2, 205lbs), some sort of boots (usually a pair of Red Wings I've had for over 10 years that are on their third resole) and a ball cap with an American flag on it. Thats my go-to. If that constitutes as metrosexual to you, we have very different definitions of that word.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

“I think he’s happy to see us!”

:)

Pictures might help others. If someone is having trouble concealing and another member claims to be able to conceal a certain way it usually helps to know how they dress, what their body type is, clothing choices, etc.

It's easy to just discount others and claim to be able to conceal OWB wearing jeans or shorts and a t-shirt and say they don't wear oversized clothing. When I mentioned showing us and proving it the person I asked became VERY defensive and hurling insults. So that tells me they're just spouting lies, but still very entertaining to see them get so angry and insulting calling me a metrosexual. That was a good one. Report to personal attacks when someone doesn't liek what you said. Not very manly, and not what I'd expect from a cowboy.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm going to start closing threads for every argument or snarky comment.
If the same guy comes up in 2, I'm going to close his account.
For Christ sake, we're grown men here. Act like it.
Put people on ignore if you don't want to see their posts.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm going to start closing threads for every argument or snarky comment.
If the same guy comes up in 2, I'm going to close his account.
For Christ sake, we're grown men here. Act like it.
Put people on ignore if you don't want to see their posts.
I've never put someone on ignore before, but I will now so that I don't get drawn into ungentlemanly behavior. Even if you can avoid being admonished by a moderator, what good does it do to participate in a no-win p*ssing contest?

I would tell you to just move to Texas, but we’re full. 😂. Seriously, what stops you from getting something like a Springfield, having me send you the original mags that come with it, and keep a 10 rd mag for later? Carry them both.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I would tell you to just move to Texas, but we’re full. 😂. Seriously, what stops you from getting something like a Springfield, having me send you the original mags that come with it, and keep a 10 rd mag for later? Carry them both.
I'm thinking Texas is looking really nice with Michigan getting cooler soon.

Update:
I have a G43 and a S&W 340PD as the two guns on my permit. After nearly 1 year of carrying daily - I’ve carried the 11oz .357 magnum 340PD all but perhaps four times, when the Glock was picked due to going into more dangerous big cities (Oakland, SF, etc) where multiple assailants and gang violence are not uncommon and the 5 round capacity and slow reloads of a J-Frame seem sub optimal.

Despite having 20+ high end holsters for the G43 (including custom Milt Sparks, Enigma’s, Vedder Side Tucks, shoulder rigs - you name it) I find a revolver, especially a small 11oz 340PD infinitely more comfortable to carry, and the heavy double action trigger allows me to safely use soft leather and synthetic holsters (like a sticky) which are so comfortable - I actually forget I’m carrying a gun. I have been shooting the little scandium J-Frame so much, I bought two more - so I could have a dedicate range gun (over 3k rounds on it so far) to reduce the wear and tear on my carry gun, and a new in box backup.

Based on how much I’ve enjoyed shooting the wheel guns, and how darn good I’ve gotten with the double action trigger - I picked up a 22oz (grip changed to make it more concealable and lighter) 8 shot 327PC snub in .357 magnum. I’m about 90% sure at this point that when it comes time to renew my CCW in 2025, I’ll be swapping the G43 for the 327PC - as 8 rounds of .357 magnum with the ability to take moon clip reloads feels like more than adequate firepower for any situation I’d find myself in. Despite only having a 2” barrel - due to the fixed barrel and the absurdly smooth performance center trigger - I find the 327PC to be shockingly accurate, there’s some secret sauce in that thing for sure. In single action - I can consistently hit watermelons with 7 out of 8 rounds at 100 yards!! This blows away the best shooting I can do with the G43. While I understand the likelihood of using a CCW in single action in a legal defensive encounter is next to zero, it’s mighty reassuring to know that it’s an option. I would not be comfortable taking a 40 yard shot like Elisjsha Dicken did with a 340PD, and probably not with a G43 either -
but I’d feel confident in keeping shots within a fist sized group with a 327PC in single action.

Put 5 plates at 7 yards, shoot w "real" 357 loads fast, if you can hit them....then you are set..... or maybe the 357 out of a snubby will blow their eardrums and run?

Top Bottom