What's new

Have you been to any concerts/live shows recently?

I catch a couple of shows every year, from just about any genre. This year so far was DRI, Klaw, Wolfpack, Raw Dogs, and No Buffer. Huge music fan and musician - I was a concert violinist for years and play pretty much anything with strings.

Recently went to see a friend's band, "Swompnick Monsters," in a local venue. Entertaining evening of mostly original songs, and a couple of covers. They'll never make it big, but they are a creative, energetic band that love what they're doing.

Saw Sonata Arctica in April, and Luca Turilli's Rhapsody and Primal Fear in May, both at the Worcester Palladium. Some friends of mine opened both shows, their band goes by the name of Armory. Good power metal all around.

Also every 3 to 4 months I see a Rush tribute act called Lotus Land, and they absolutely nail it.

Saw Randy Newman a short while back in Birmingham. Randy has gotten a tad old but still knows how to put on a fine show

George Clinton Parliament Funkadelic

Great show. I think this is his retirement tour (or close to it) , go see the legend for a last chance to get funked up.

Just some local stuff at the lake a few weekends ago.

Don't know who the first 2 are. I paddled up to shore when these guys were playing.

proxy.php

Went back to the lake after going home to cleanup and have a nice shave to see Dark Side of the Moon tribute band out of Ohio. These guys were playing before the DSotM came on.

proxy.php

Didn't have a tripod to take night shots, so this is the best I got from the Floyd band.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Going to see Black Sabbath in Camden tonight. The boys can now cross Performing in front of acesn8s off their bucket list. :001_cool:

Attempted to see Toto last night, but it got cancelled at the last minute (outdoor venue temporarily flooded due to major downpour). That turned into a 3.5 hour round trip drive for nothing. Bummer.

In addition to Cracker unplugged I've also seen Graham Parker, Flight of the Conchords, and Jonny Lang this summer. My wife saw Guns 'n' Roses, which she said was the greatest show she's ever seen.

Top Bottom