What's new

c__port Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Meet member c__port

123616.jpg

@c__port has been a member of B&B since November 9 2018

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

In 2017, I was looking at prices for Gillette Mach 3 and realized I didn't want to pay those prices any more. After a few months of trying online multiblade subscription services, I thought, I don't want to pay even this price for a bad shave. When I learned to shave, it was using a schick TTO from my dad. I thought that it might be worth looking into to go back to that type of razor, so I bought a fairly aggressive 3 piece Parker. It turned out to be a rewarding experience - I was enjoying something that I had to do every day! Every video I saw or article I read seemed to mention B&B, so I came here and found the most gracious, gentlemanly forum I believe is in existence on the internet. There are people here who understand the value of kindness, gentleness, and encouragement like no other place on the net.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I've been a developer/dba most of my professional life, and now am doing the segment I love most - applications support. It's the rare mix of technology and personal interaction that feeds my soul and pays my bills.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born in the Texas panhandle, so...no desire to go back there, honestly. I would do ok in the Ozarks in Arkansas, and I think I would really enjoy living near Coeur d'Alene Idaho because of the low humidity and somewhat temperate climate.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I would prefer to live many different places for 6 months or less, with a US home for the other 6.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

I teach a couple of men's Bible studies that are great fun. I have always been fascinated with hi-fidelity audio, especially speakers, so I have built some good systems and HT configurations. I currently have 4 systems in different rooms in my home, so it's safe to assume that I have the most loving, understanding wife to ever have lived - or maybe she just gave up fighting it?

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE TYPE ALL CAPS.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

My great-great-grandfather who was an Irish immigrant to Atlanta. Also a protestant and teetotaler, so we would be driking Coca-Cola.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Tour the Holy land

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

I still have an active, good relationship with all of my kids.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Love people even if it costs you something.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

The ability to completely silence any fear and just do the next right thing.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

A dog. Sleep, eat, go for a walk - what a life!

13. What kind of music do you like?

Christian contemporary, classical, jazz. We go to a lot of concerts.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

David Dunn, in Unbreakable (played by Bruce Willis)

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

"OMG Dad, that's the dumbest dad joke ever"

Wow. "Love people, even if it costs you something." That is sage advice. Your avatar is reminiscent of the Memorex photo. Remember that one?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Great stuff and thanks!

Speakers. Wife had an old pair of Bose 4.2 direct-reflecting speakers when I married her. Never used them, as I had a surround sound. She was muttering something a month ago about throwing them out, so I hooked them up to our surround system. Amazing, amazing! Clearly the cones were poly, as they didn't degrade. I tried to destroy them by playing Rush "Hemispheres" at extreme volume but had a semi-religious experience instead ...

AA

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Thanks for that!

Coeur d'Alene is a nice area, plus a nice lake on which to watch 4th of July fireworks. And not far from Fourth of July Canyon, which I once transited on the actual day. From where I live in BC it's a pie stop on my way to Missoula.

I also like the desert south of Boise 30 miles or so. Used to be, probably still is, a truckstop out there on I-84 that had the best chicken-fried steaks in four states. I've awakened to that desert sun rising over the mountains on several occasions. But maybe that'd remind you too much of home. :)

O.H.

Top Bottom