What's new

Double Edge DEcember 2023

Iridian

Cool and slimy
RazoRock SuperSlant L3++ OC / BIC Platinum
L3OCDE2023.jpg

No space left for Dapper Dan Aftershave today, funnily the photo is slightly slanted. This is the Alpha Viper handle and the Alpha Revolver brush.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Razor: Lupo 95 OC
Blade: Silver Star SS (1)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Soap: Van Der Lovett Sailor's Blend
Brush: Omega Evo 2.0
Aftershave: Reuzel Wood and Spice
038_01_1_22 conv.jpeg

My first shave with a Silver Star paired with my Lupo 95 OC was what I would expect. It was nothing short of perfection.

Cheers
Rave

Iridian

Cool and slimy
In the next shave I will try this plate, opinions on Bic platinum?
Not quite as sharp as a Feather on first shave, but long lasting and gets better for 2-3 more shaves. I would prefer the Nacet slightly, but they always seem to come with tiny glue stains, the BIC doesn't have any. There is also the BIC Astor, but I have only one pack that came with my Ares, I haven't opened it yet.

The BIC is my cheaper Feather alternative. For a cushioned shave I start with a Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum. This one also gets sharper after a while, but initially it's not that sharp, the apparently thick coating has to wear off a little.

The BIC Platinum and the black Gillette with the name I am too lazy to type (see above haha) are my usual pack of 100.

Not quite as sharp as a Feather on first shave, but long lasting and gets better for 2-3 more shaves. I would prefer the Nacet slightly, but they always seem to come with tiny glue stains, the BIC doesn't have any. There is also the BIC Astor, but I have only one pack that came with my Ares, I haven't opened it yet.

The BIC is my cheaper Feather alternative. For a cushioned shave I start with a Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum. This one also gets sharper after a while, but initially it's not that sharp, the apparently thick coating has to wear off a little.

The BIC Platinum and the black Gillette with the name I am too lazy to type (see above haha) are my usual pack of 100.
Thanks for the opinion, because I'm trying the Bic platinum on different razors
My favorite blades are Wizamet iridium, Permasharp and Nacet...these Bic ones aren't bad
gillette 7 o'clock super platinum you mean 👍

SOTD December 4th 🍺🥤🧃🍸
December 2023 GRUME
DecemBOAR 2023 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗
Double Edge DEcember 2023
Gillette Silver Blue I Love You!

Hello friends

This morning started very hot, it looks like the next few days will be inclement. This week’s SOTD theme is perfect: Mike’s Lime and Pinaud Citrus Musk! In honor of this great celebration that is DecemBOAR 2023 I used my Omega Jade which, after a long time at rest, spent the night soaking to return to action in perfect conditions. And finishing off the wonderful Gillette Silver Blue I Love You!, I say goodbye to the GSB (5) that I used this week. Thank you very much, @Alum Ladd for this sensational initiative and for hosting this event.

With us at this special moment, Johnny Hartman.

Rating: 10

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

E599958C-2A4E-4882-8FED-3F84FF906CDD.jpeg
IMG_3591.jpeg

Date05.12.2023
365 daily shaves
339/365
DecemBOAR04/31
DEcember05/31
Lasta’s Blade Stash09/32

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca R94Gillette Silver Blue (10)FNX Barber
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Kox Dutchy Bergamot
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary - Another excellent shave with the Rocca. Very worthy of being in the office with as was the case yesterday. Final run with this blade got rewarded with a BBS.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Top Bottom