What's new

Double Edge DEcember 2023

Haaaa, I have been looking for this thread in the DE section but you hid it in General.

Consider me a full time December-er!

Sentinel 1.35 with Shark Platinum, PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum and Proraso green splash. 🥳

Screenshot_20231203_114117.jpg

Grandpa's slant

I am not a vintage guy but this one is special !

I was visiting my old mam today. She gave me my grandfather slant that was lying in a drawer. That evoke memories when I was young boy siting besides my grandpa and watching him shave. I think the memories from this time inspired me to try wet shaving four years ago. This is some slant from soviet time. Probably copy of some western razor. Can someone identify ?

With today's shave I commemorate my Grandfather.
I loaded slant with Rubie blade (9). Lathered up last remains of Arko tube. I proceeded with two pass face and head shave. Razor was mild and efficent. I became too careless and got two weepers on both mouth corners.
Result: BBS head and DFS+ face shave.

DSCF5397_1.JPG

Did you happen to try Phoenix Artisan's cold spices?

I ask because I wasnt too fond of that scent. I do love Diver Down, which is an homage to Seaforth spice - which was supposedly the big competitor of Shultons's old spice.
Have been eyeing the old spice creams, but haven't tried yet, because the cold spices was a let down to me.

If they are a different flavours then I might try.

Last edited:

Date04.12.2023
365 daily shaves
338/365
DecemBOAR03/31
DEcember04/31
Lasta’s Blade Stash09/32

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca R94Gillette Silver Blue (9)Mühle Rocca Silvertip
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Kox Dutchy Bergamot
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.5/10 (DFS++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary - A slight detour from December, but with Mühle Monday and the gear I received last week I simply had to use them together! Splendid shave to kickstart my week.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

My absolute favourite razor, this Black Beauty. It's as easy to use as a Tech, but the angle feels more natural to me. Plus it has the ability to dial it in just right. For me that's setting 5 to 4, making for a gentle but thorough stubble removal.

Winter came knocking yesterday evening. It was dark and late, but me and the wee one snuck out anyway for some snowball and sleightime. Playing in the snow are some of my best childhood memories. This morning most of the white stuff was gone already, so glad we ventured outside when most people were putting on their pyjama's.

Have a great day!

Screenshot_20231204_092158.jpg

Top Bottom