What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2023!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, we sure are a chatty bunch! It takes forever to catch up on the 3-4 pages a day. Now I'm going to just pile on :D

DecemBOAR 7th
Head bowed in a moment of silence for National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.

I know we are an international site and this is predominantly a US thing, so I thank you all for your understanding.

20231207_012945.jpg

7th of Decemboar…….
The three little pigs….who’s turn today?
Went with the mini Omega today. Lovely little brush….perfect for a trip away.
Fancied a change of razor today. Had a rummage in the stash and found a Gillette 7 O’clock in immaculate condition. Small like the brush. I’ve never used it but today was to be its turn too, loaded up with a new Nacet blade.
SV opuntia soap whisked up in my small bowl.
Lathered up and away we go..Wow! Nice razor!! Small , smooth feel, nimble. First pass graded excellent. This is going to be good.
Second pass more like a clean up job. Took more time than usual but I was enjoying the experience. Had to do another neck pass but was rewarded with a superb BBS finish and no nicks, weepers or much irritation. Great little razor and a top shave. Will stick with it for a while longer.
IMG_6177.jpeg

IMG_6178.jpeg

Ivan @ivan_101 - as you are the Omega connaisseur extra ordinair following your brush post of just now - I have the following Omega brush (my oldest as old as maybe 30 years). The design transparent (the brush broke and I had to glue it together again causing the glue to make the transparent part go opaque) and black like yours only rounded. And it’s a badger not a boar.

But would you happen to know which Omega it is? I have done some research but nothing so far.

Thanks anyway,

Guido

Decemboar 7 (Pearl Harbor Day)

Razor: Gillette Tech (pre-war USA model)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Mondial 25mm pro boar
Soap: Signature Soaps Capra unscented
A/S: Dickinson's witch hazel
A/S: Epsilon Blue

DFS+

This Mondial boar brush is an anomaly in my boar brush collection. It is a large, comfortable, soft, but somewhat floppy boar. I don't think floppiness is necessarily bad, but this thing reminds me of an old Buick. Painting strokes work the best with it.

I picked an ancient pre-war Gillette Tech today since there was a guy wondering why everybody was recommending really expensive razors. This well-worn, but intact Tech is from the early 1940s, I'm guessing, and it still shaves pretty well with a sharp blade like the Nacet. It cost around $8, if I recall correctly.

Dickinson's witch hazel and Epsilon Blue finished this quick 2.5 pass shave. Woah, good bit of menthol in that Epsilon Blue.

Last edited:
7th of Decemboar…….
The three little pigs….who’s turn today?
Went with the mini Omega today. Lovely little brush….perfect for a trip away.
Fancied a change of razor today. Had a rummage in the stash and found a Gillette 7 O’clock in immaculate condition. Small like the brush. I’ve never used it but today was to be its turn too, loaded up with a new Nacet blade.
SV opuntia soap whisked up in my small bowl.
Lathered up and away we go..Wow! Nice razor!! Small , smooth feel, nimble. First pass graded excellent. This is going to be good.
Second pass more like a clean up job. Took more time than usual but I was enjoying the experience. Had to do another neck pass but was rewarded with a superb BBS finish and no nicks, weepers or much irritation. Great little razor and a top shave. Will stick with it for a while longer.
View attachment 1760277
View attachment 1760295
How comfortable is this little brush? She has a very small hand.

Ivan @ivan_101 - as you are the Omega connaisseur extra ordinair following your brush post of just now - I have the following Omega brush (my oldest as old as maybe 30 years). The design transparent (the brush broke and I had to glue it together again causing the glue to make the transparent part go opaque) and black like yours only rounded. And it’s a badger not a boar.

But would you happen to know which Omega it is? I have done some research but nothing so far.

Thanks anyway,

Guido
I don't think I have used Omegas for more than 25-27 years.

The following current Omegas have that handle:
10072 (boar)
33167 (badger)
6192 (Badger)

Today was the vintage Opal's turn. Even on the days when another brush is getting a turn I have been giving this brush a soak/lather and a vigorous towel drying to help get it broken in. Just one week in and you can already feel the difference. Still a long way to go but much better than the first try. Also used the PAA DOC with an Astra sp (shave 5 on blade) and Col. Conk Amber
1701968697945.png

Yes…..it’s a small grip and requires a pincer type hold…. Definitely not the most comfortable but I forgive it for the marvellous knot and ridiculous low price.
A good candidate for a handlectomy. Worthy of any exotic grip of choice.

Those 40033 knots are easily harvested as well. Cut off the very bottom of the handle and knock the knot out with a short dowel and a light hammer. I have harvested a couple.

IMG_4970.jpeg

Here's one re-handled.

Leopardwood

I don't think I have used Omegas for more than 25-27 years.

The following current Omegas have that handle:
10072 (boar)
33167 (badger)
6192 (Badger)

50 years since my first boar. Cheapie from the drugstore, call it Alpha. Maybe 5 years of Omega. Thoughtless, indifferent, I didn't deserve a decent knot, just kept my poor boar sitting on top of a Williams puck, no companions, no photographs, no internet access.

Yesterday, DecemBOAR 6, shave 6
IMG_5857.jpeg

Borrowed the soap in order to have something in the opulence realm of a brace of RazoRock Superslants. Or to match up on the catwalk with Ertan Suer's L'Élégant 6/8 SR.

My Simpson Barbican has not fallen apart or degraded. It has developed a strong appetite for lather, but I'm feeding it arko!, not SV. It does have a humorously tall glue bump. It will not grow up to be an SOC.

Yesterday, DecemBOAR 6, shave 6
View attachment 1760431
Borrowed the soap in order to have something in the opulence realm of a brace of RazoRock Superslants. Or to match up on the catwalk with Ertan Suer's L'Élégant 6/8 SR.

My Simpson Barbican has not fallen apart or degraded. It has developed a strong appetite for lather, but I'm feeding it arko!, not SV. It does have a humorously tall glue bump. It will not grow up to be an SOC.
A hungry boar loves arko!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom