What's new

💈 🐗 🦡 🐴 SOTD - “I Like Big Brushes and I Cannot Lie” Theme Week - June 10th - June 16th, 2024 🐗 🦡 🐴 💈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again fellow B&Bers!

This SOTD Weekly Theme is all about big brushes! What’s big? Whatever you want it to be! 26mm and above? 30mm and above? A huge handle? The first rule of SOTW theme week as that there are no rules! 😜

This week’s theme is a bit different but simple… we just want to see your biggest brushes and knots! Do you have a Simpson Polo 14, Vulfix 40S or Kent BK12? Well, you are nutty (or have a huge melon or need to shave a bear) but let’s see ‘em!

Anything large qualifies when it comes to bristles… so badger, boar, synthetic and even horse knots are fair game! The bigger the better And weird is good too! We like weird. 👍

Nothing large? Show us and tell us all about your shaving setup for the day anyways!

As always, we encourage you to post or share photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see some big brushes!

78239A63-E94E-4B3F-96B0-E85C957BF2CF.jpeg

1717958146210.png

1717958192577.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
20240609_135737.jpg

Razor: Asylum Injector Razor
Blade: Schick (D1)
Brush: T&H Wellington 24mm Super Badger
Bowl: Olivewood 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Oil: AOS Lavender
Shave Soap: Stirling's Glacial Lavender
Butter: Organic Shea Lavender
Aftershave: Extro' Florentia

Mon 10
Soap PAA Al Fin
Aftershave Clubman Sweet Rum
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16
This soap is scented too lightly but the lather is excellent...luckily Clubman save the day. The brush is large and plush!
Enjoyed a very good shave with this heavyweight razor...the edge cuts softly but effectively...
20240610_085346.jpg

Hello again fellow B&Bers!

This SOTD Weekly Theme is all about big brushes! What’s big? Whatever you want it to be! 26mm and above? 30mm and above? A huge handle? The first rule of SOTW theme week as that there are no rules! 😜

This week’s theme is a bit different but simple… we just want to see your biggest brushes and knots! Do you have a Simpson Polo 14, Vulfix 40S or Kent BK12? Well, you are nutty (or have a huge melon or need to shave a bear) but let’s see ‘em!

Anything large qualifies when it comes to bristles… so badger, boar, synthetic and even horse knots are fair game! The bigger the better And weird is good too! We like weird. 👍

Nothing large? Show us and tell us all about your shaving setup for the day anyways!

As always, we encourage you to post or share photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see some big brushes!

78239A63-E94E-4B3F-96B0-E85C957BF2CF.jpeg

View attachment 1859942

View attachment 1859943
Do these brushes really exist? Or is it Photoshop? :c1:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_2310.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) England: Razor 1963 Aluminium Handle Tech.
4) Turkey: Razor Blade Derby Extra.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
2023cContributors’ Brush by Paladin
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper & Old Spice Shaving Mug
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Personna Medical Prep.
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am starting a new week with one of my favorite razors: the ATT S-1, slant razor. I am using the slant with a Personna Medical Prep blade. This is the second shave with this combination. I was extra careful to be sure the blade was properly seated in the razor. Today’s brush is another favorite: the 2023 B&B Contributor’s Brush made by Paladin. I loaded the brush with the Haslinger soap that was in the Old Spice shaving mug. I have used the Haslinger soap 29 times. A nice BBS shave. Have a wonderful day, folks.

MicroMatic & MDC Monday

Slid a vintage Personna Injector blade into the MM and WOW - what a beautiful shave.
MDC is a BANGER as usual - even from a Sample size puck.

GEM MicroMatic Razor - Chrome
Personna Injector Blade (1X)
Martin de Candre Argumes Sample
PAA Solar Flare Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On
Myrsol Agua de Limon Aftershave

IMG_0770-compressed.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, June 10th 2024.... Anyone who likes to use a American Safety Razor(ASR) corp razors with a Gem standard blade dimensions are welcomed any day of the week to show their gear and how their shave went + have questions about ASR gear on this Micromatic Monday thread!

Razor : Gem G bar, Mfg 1955-58, mild to tame mid range IMO. This little razor when dialed in is hard to beat, built to last + has a excellent chrome coated to protect for many Generations.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : TOBS Herbal Sandalwood cream, Very nicely scented Sandalwood with some the best lather qualities I have used IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Barber pole" 24mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Nice all around shave brush that makes brush lathering enjoyable for my lathering needs + large handle for folks who like that feature.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum Sandalwood splash + a dollop of Geo F Trumper Sandalwood skin food.
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem Blade.
SOTD June 10 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom