What's new

💈 🐗 🦡 🐴 SOTD - “I Like Big Brushes and I Cannot Lie” Theme Week - June 10th - June 16th, 2024 🐗 🦡 🐴 💈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday, June 16
IMG_0307.jpeg

MdC Rose~~Simpson PL8~~Wolfman WR2 1.15 OC/Sharp Star~~Cartier Déclaration d'un Soir
Happy Father's Day!

Razor: Leaf Shaving Twig
Blade: King C Gillette (8)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice
Brush: Yaqi Green Obsidian
Soap: Stirling Piacenza
Aftershave: Witch Hazel - Stirling Piacenza

Brush is only 24mm in diameter but everything else about it is big: dense, good backbone, eats lather

IMG_3690.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, June 16th 2024

Razor : Schick J1 injector, Mfg 1957-64, mild to tame mid range. Well made and designed to last many generations. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Schick (9) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : La Toja stick, very mild scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, Heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Large handle with a soft knot that works well for my shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Nivea refreshing lotion + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Schick J1 injector with a Schick blade.
SOTD June 16 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Fathers Day SOTD
20240616_082631.jpg

Razor: Shield Titanium Avenger
Blade: Schick (D7)
Brush: Oumo Glaze Graphite MÜHLE 25mm STF
Bowl: Bowl: Turkish Porcelain Bowl 4 ¾”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Oil: AOS Lavender
Shave Soap: TSD Sara' Creations Lavender Mint
Butter: Organic Shea Lavender
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Pure Lavender

Seven days of stubble prepped with a washable beard trimmer
Preshave: shower and soak with St Johns Vetiver Bar Soap, plus Proraso Green
Brush: Shavemac 24 mm / 54 mm bulb two band silvertip DO1 in Copper Canyon
Cream: Proraso Green Hybrid bowl and face lathered
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper
Razor: PAA The Artifact
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless The Spoiler F4 Unsure of the date 1985 maybe made in the USA (6)
Splash: Proraso Green
DFS+10 on my face and 9/10 DFS- on my neck

3 pass shave no drama

Once again my travel razor delivered a close smooth shave although I am not traveling. It may not be the highest efficiency razor in my den, but, I seem to get the closest shaves with it. One spot that didn't bleed on my chin, and, virtually no feed back from alum or splash. I find going back and forth of bowl lathering and face lathering to be ideal for Proraso. Also the Captains choice copper bowl is the perfect size and shape for me. I also have a Timeless blue shaving bowl, but, I haven't used it once since buying the Captains. I always seem to make too much lather though. I am probably using too much, but, it is the best lather from a cream I have ever had, so I am leery of tweaking a combination that works for me. I'll try a smaller snurdle anyway next time I use it. Shave six on the Spoiler and all is well in blade land. With the Proraso the DO1 two band is soft and has good back bone. At least with creams it is now my favorite brush. The jury is still out with soaps. I should try this hybrid method of lathering with them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom