What's new

πŸ½πŸ·πŸ—πŸ–πŸ₯“ FeBOARary 2024 - 29 days to leap back into BOAR brushes πŸ₯“πŸ–πŸ—πŸ·πŸ½

My Vegas Kit
full

*(La Rosa Profunda not pictured)
Β 
FeBOARary 22nd (Thursday)

Blackland Osprey (setting 9) w/ Razorock Halo'ed UFO handle
Stirling boar w/ black stripe handle
Soap Commander Love soap
PAA Cube 2.0 pre-shave
Duke Cannon Ice Cold AS balm

IMG_8875.jpeg

Due to the AT&T cell outage (sunspots or terrorist hackers... will we ever truly know?) this post was delayed. Was stuck on SOS from 6am to about 1pm.

Haven't used the Stirling boar in forever. Nice and scritchy and I know quite a few people in here do not like this brush but I love it! I didn't spend too much time but I loaded the brush twice as it seemed to hog the lather when face lathering.

The Love rose scent is phenomenal and one of my favorites.

The Osprey I have used 3 shaves in a row. Setting 9 the highest to test out that extreme of the razor didn't disappoint. Didn't seem scary or blood yielding but it sure did seem efficient. Can't really compare it to the Blackbird or Brassbird as it doesn't have the same blade feel.

Anyhow after removing 2 days of growth it just did it with ease. It was a quick 1 pass WRG (with touch ups XTG) shave and BBS result but I felt some areas I missed. Oooops... 🀣🀣🀣
Β 
FeBOARary 23rd (Friday)

Blackland Osprey (setting 9) w/ Greencult 2.0 SS handle
Semogue Excelsior 1305 boar brush
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber soap
PAA Cube 2.0 Pre-Shave soap
Duke Cannon Ice Cold AS balm

IMG_8886.jpeg

Found this brush that fell behind a cabinet. Probably there for over a year as I never used this back in DecemBOAR or even any time in my recollection within the last year or 2. Thin hair strands that when lathering with it, it seemed more like Badger Finest grade hair which can be considered good or bad. There wasn't any scritch or scrub so maybe this is just a fine representation of a broken in boar brush feels like.

Used the Ghost Town Barber soap and it coated my face but the lather was drier than I prefer. Should have added water to it but I didn't want a mess.

The Osprey on 9 or (beyond 9) as it's at the line in front of the number and I'm assuming the triangular pointer normally points to the actual number for each setting.

IMG_8887.jpeg

Notice the soap build up (more on that later)

The Osprey did well 2 days in a row on the highest setting (i didn't look at the numbers today I just maxed it out to the highest setting which seems to be BEYOND 9). BBS on the cheeks and DFS + on the neck and a small but gusher of a weeper right above my top lip. Maybe you're NOT supposed to go BEYOND 9 🀣🀣🀣

All in all great shave and love that brush. Total sleeper of a brush. I bought it used so thank you to whoever broke it in before me, as I never break brushes in I just use them.

Back to the Osprey collecting all the soap residue and whiskers. I shaved yesterday so this wasn't like collecting 3 day long whiskers. The soap was on the drier side, but even yesterday it took quite a bit of rinsing during the shave to completely rinse out the soap and that was a wetter more liquidey lather and both days the gap is set to max so in theory should be the easiest to rinse out. Here's some pics:

IMG_8892.jpegIMG_8891.jpegIMG_8890.jpegIMG_8889.jpeg

This was after rinsing both sides thoroughly and even dunking it in a bowl of warm water and sloshing it around. It's a concern as you can see when removing the top cap the cut whiskers and soap build up on the razor blade like that tells me it's not rinsing very well and if it's building up there, wouldn't it build up over time in the places you can't get to unless Shane provides a tool to completely disassemble the Osprey?
Β 
Last edited:
FeBOARary 25 (Sunday)

Pearl Flexi SB (setting 8)
Semogue Taj boar
Noble Otter Firefighter
PAA Atomic Bay Run / rosehip oil / witch hazel AS spray

IMG_8917.jpeg

Nice scrub with the second use of the Taj not super soft but it's great for me. Firefighter is decent not one of my favorites in the scent category. First time using the Flexi in the upper region. I normally go 3-5 and get great shaves so never really tried any higher till today. Super smooth and makes me wonder why I don't use this razor more (or the OC version for that matter). Used one of my old Lab Blues blades and it cut down 2 day growth with no problems. No cuts or irritation. The homebrew combo mixture AS was ok but not as refreshing as my standard Duke Cannon Ice Cold AS balm. All in all DFS.
Β 
IMG_4912.jpeg

Pre-shave: Warm water rinse
Razor: La Faulx +
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (8)
Soap: PdP No. 63
Brush: Omega 011843 Jade
Post Shave: Alum
Balm: Stirling Unscented
And a splash of The Veg

β€œTime for some thrilling heroics.”
Β 
FeBOARary 27th (Tuesday)

Blackland Osprey (setting 9)
Omega Premium Jade
PAA Cube 2.0

IMG_8951.jpeg

Didn't have time for a normal shave so just did a quick shave with the pre-shave soap and it was fine. DFS. My last shave with the Osprey until it returns from Blackland as I'm sending it in to get the deeper numbers on the dial that they will also make black so it's easier to see. Premium Jade never disappoints.
Β 
FeBOARary 28th (Wolfman Wednesday)

Wolfman WR1 .86/.91?
Zenith Short and Scrubby Boar
Dr. Jon's Cedar and Spice

IMG_8952.jpeg

Always look forward to Wolfman Wednesdays!!! This was my first Wolfman. Also the mildest one being .86 OC /.91 OC. Very efficient. The Zenith Short and Scrubby Boar was able to whip up a nice slick lather from the PAA CUBE 2.0 and Cedar and Rose combo. 2 pass DFS shave.
Β 
View attachment 1804086
Semogue Torga boar brush
It was a fun month and thanks @Shave Souffle for hosting this!
Yes it has been a fun month and thanks for participating. It's been another month of only using boars so not sure what's next. I remember someone in the DecemBOAR thread last year or maybe the '22 season coming up with alternative months to use boar and it was πŸ–πŸ½πŸ·πŸ₯“March of the BOARπŸ₯“πŸ·πŸ½πŸ–. Hehe too soon????
Β 
Yes it has been a fun month and thanks for participating. It's been another month of only using boars so not sure what's next. I remember someone in the DecemBOAR thread last year or maybe the '22 season coming up with alternative months to use boar and it was πŸ–πŸ½πŸ·πŸ₯“March of the BOARπŸ₯“πŸ·πŸ½πŸ–. Hehe too soon????
For me it’s more like twenty twenty Boar - the 🐷 year.

:c1:
Β 
For me it’s more like twenty twenty Boar - the 🐷 year.

:c1:
That's kind of how it's been the last 2 years for me anyways. The rare occasion that I use something other than boar I can normally count on 1 hand. Doing BADGERary was tough for me since I only had 1 or 2 badger brushes but by the end of the month I had over 20!!!
Β 
Top Bottom