What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Skipped Saturday. Todays shave: Stirling boar brush brand new. Soaked for 30 seconds wet face rubbed PAA mentholated cube 2.0 and shaved with Fatip gold open comb Slant with the short solid picollo handle. Quick 2 pass Shave with my old Lab Blues blade. Funny how last shave the blade felt great in the Yates but started feeling tougher in the FOCS. Still nice shave.

26831AE6-C724-4DA8-8159-FC839F4050BB.jpeg

Face lathering steps up the shave in so many notches above a bowl lathering that I don't understand why people prefer the bowl method.
I do understand that while building the lather on a bowl, you can built it in a better way, and have a better lather at the end, or even if you use a scuttle, you can have a warm lather on your face, which could be pleasant on colder and freezing days.
But by face lathering, you work your face in a manner that it's almost impossible if you just apply the lather after building it on a bowl. The face becomes softer, and the razor just glides over the bristles almost without effort and that leads to better shaves, and less skin irritation.

For me, was a game changer when I tried it for the first time, and guess what? Since that day, I NEVER used a bowl to build a lather again (just to load some soap samples).
I can explain some of why people don't always face lather.

Sensative skin and scratch brushes.

I don't get razor rash fortunately, but I do get brush rash at times.

With cheaper synth and badgers. And with un broken in boar brushes.

Plus people may just like watching a bowl of lather grow and grow!

Probably yes, but nowadays, there are synthetics for literally all tastes. If there's someone who has really, REALLY, sensitive skin, the synthetic PAA Solar Flare should work just fine.

Another reason is I feel that I have better control of the later consistency in a bowl/scuttle. I do face lather when I travel but I never get the quality lather I do from a bowl. Just saying ;)

Another reason is I feel that I have better control of the later consistency in a bowl/scuttle. I do face lather when I travel but I never get the quality lather I do from a bowl. Just saying ;)

They best way to have a great lather while building it on the face, is so start with a really dry lather, and adding just a few drops to the brush...It takes some time, but once you master it, it's a no turning back!

@edbluetooth

I've a photo of one Yaqi with a Cashmere knot:

1670163802746.png

linty1

My wallet cries.
8D127B22-2134-4C2B-AA2C-C4209548CC5D.jpeg

Jade right after loading it. I noticed the prickly-ness less, seems to always happen like that, first shave on this brush, prickle to the max. Then less so on subsequent shaves. I'm at the point on my arko puck that its a smear on the bottom of my mug. I can still get lather but... its tempting to scrape off and start anew. Feels wasteful though.

Decemboar shave #2
12-3-22

Pre: Pears soao
Razor: Gamechanger 68 Nacet(2)
Soap: Glastonbury
Brush: Semogue 1305

I am so happy I spent the money on the Semogue. This brush is fantastic. Did have to go back to the soap on second pass.

20221202_203454.jpg

20221204_083949.jpg

1 hour soak, dry overnight and the shave. What a change.

Decemboar shave #2
12-3-22

Pre: Pears soao
Razor: Gamechanger 68 Nacet(2)
Soap: Glastonbury
Brush: Semogue 1305

I am so happy I spent the money on the Semogue. This brush is fantastic. Did have to go back to the soap on second pass.

View attachment 1566833

View attachment 1566834
1 hour soak, dry overnight and the shave. What a change.

317924697_542473244073191_7110509368560991481_n.jpg

Is a joy of a brush! Probably I will use mine today...Once you get it properly broke, it so soft and great to use, that I regret don't reaching it as often as I should (I'm feeling like I told this before :rolleyes:).

This is my 2nd 1305. The older one is really broken in, but the handle is a mess due to the painting has almost gone. The brush from the photo above, was used just twice, and this is how he looks after 1 month of soaking on warm water, and towel rubbing process!

Man, everytime I see a Proraso brush, I feel the need to have one, just because I feel that the Omega 48 Pro, has a bit too much loft for my taste. Such a beautiful but simple brush!

The Proraso brush is one of those purchases that exceeded my expectations. IMO, the loft is about perfect.

I had a Mondial that was really nice, but the loft was a bit too high for my liking, so the Proraso filled that gap nicely.

The Proraso brush is one of those purchases that exceeded my expectations. IMO, the loft is about perfect.

I had a Mondial that was really nice, but the loft was a bit too high for my liking, so the Proraso filled that gap nicely.

That's precisely my thoughts on the Omega 48. The overal performance is really there, but the loft is a bit too much for me. But on a performance basis, the knot is about perfect!

Top Bottom