SOTD #181/2021
14-07-2021

>> SHARK WEEK 2021 <<

Preshave: frigid tap water, PAA The Cube 2.0
Brush: Semogue Galahad C3 Premium IT
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Hipster
Razor: Above The Tie OC H2-plate
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Hipster AS.

Tremendously close shave today. The H2 plate is a beast, holy cannon. I could have stopped after two passes, but for science I went all out. One tiny nick on the neck that was gone as soon as I applied the aftershave, so no blood in the water today.

Enjoy the Shark Week, y'all!

Razor: ATT S-2 Slant
Blade: Shark SS(3)
Soap : Vintage Seaforth
Brush: Vintage Rooney Badger/Boar
AS : Florida Water
Balm : Stirling Coconut/Lime

Good close DFS shave today and no weepers for first time with a Shark blade.
Blade felt a bit less sharp but seems to work better in the slant style razors.

7-15-21.JPG

Shark Shave #3

This blade is at its end. While the shark may have teeth, this SS is a cut-less tug monster. While there was no blood in the water, I can tell that another swim with this particular blade would definitely turn me into chum. I'll use a new blade for Shark Shave #4 on Saturday, and that will end my foray into shark-infested waters until next year...maybe. Unknowingly kept up the Stirling trend...

'71 Gillette Tech
Shark SS (3)
Unknown best badger
Stirling Executive Man Soap and AS balm

Game Changer JAWS 68
Shark Super Stainless
RazoRock "Bruce" Plissoft
Stirling Deep Blue Sea

SWS_20210711.jpg

The razor is definitely not one of my favorites. If it weren't for Shark Week, I probably wouldn't keep it. The shaves are close but far from comfortable. This must be what my lawn experiences when I'm raking leaves. I also have a Game Changer 84-P and it is nowhere near as harsh. Yeah I know, OC vs SB and all that but cheese and jam! I have other OC razors, but this one is should have its own category. It may be a while before I grab the JAWS again.

As for the rest of the setup, everyone is playing their part. This is my first time using this soap and I really enjoy it. I bought it specifically to use during Shark Week as an excuse to use the SLJ quote, but it may come up again soon. Thankfully, I have many other soaps in the queue (some of them Stirling offerings), so I may be able to hold off for a bit. And the brush is comfortable in the hand and on the face. I won't say it's my "best" synthetic, but it's far from my worst. I've yet to find a blade I don't like (well, except for some Family Dollar blades that I bought a few years ago for the dispenser that I no longer use) so I have no complaints in that regard. No nicks or cuts so far; a couple of weepers, but that may be due to my inexperience with the razor. I plan to swap out the JAWS next week but continue using the blade and see how things go. Next up is a Yaqi Mellon DOC so that should be mild enough to allow my face some time to recover.

Be well and stay safe...

2nd shave with the Shark SS. Transferred it into my Gillette NEW Long Comb, and yielded a nice shave. No cuts/irritation. Felt great on the face. Had to do a little bit of extra cleanup but that's okay.

Will go back to the Super Chrome tomorrow.

So, we need some RULES:

1. Shark blade or blades.
These are made by Lord and are very available.
2. Any species: SC, SS, Platinum, or all three!
3. Have FUN!!

There will be blood in the water!!
Well, I'm kinda late to the party... but I'm in.

I noticed the thread title a few times but didn't pay attention. Then I remembered that Anthony @rabidus had PIFd me a load of blades to trial years ago... and I was sure there was a Shark in there that I hadn't got to.

A quick look through my TRIAL BLADES tin,
Blade-Bank.jpg

and there it was. A singular Shark Super Chrome. :001_smile

Shark Week SOTD
SOTD-L-R_2021-07-15.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (1)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

The new blade felt a bit strange to start with… but then it realized it had joined a superb team and played a blinder just like its new teammates.

With the change of soap, back to my favorite TFS Mandarino Tachibana, I thought I'd give my magical Semogue Mistura a well deserved rest and give my red Shavemac a place on the team. Wow! Fabulous! The red Shavemac's moved into the favorite brush spot again.
I couldn't wish for a better team... shucks, I wonder if @Raven Koenes Rave's been influencing me subliminally again. :laugh: :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Not having used this blade before, I was careful. Thankfully I got a BBS shave with no blood in the water.

Bearing in mind that all razor blades are sharp I'll (hopefully) continue to enjoy myself while treading carefully. :letterk1:

Shark Week 2021 Shave #5

Razor: RazoRock JAWS .84
Blade: Shark SS (1)
Soap : PAA Diver Down
Brush: RazoRock Barber Handle Synthetic
AS : PAA Diver Down

The Sharks didn't get me today, and I had a nice shave with no nicks, weepers, or irritation. Hope my shave tomorrow goes this well but I'll be sure to stay close to the boat. :boat:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20210715_235235.jpg

That night our hero's sit down with a bottle of whiskey and tell stories About old injuries. Quint starts with a scar on his head "headshave, a tech with an Astra blade."
"I got that beat" says Hooper showing his arm "Gillette slim on 9 with a Personna comfort coated."
Quint counters with his leg "Rockwell 6S with a BIC Chrome Platinum"
Hooper shows his chest "Mary Jane broke my heart"
Finally Quint shows his neck Muhle R41 with a shark Chrome, nearly bit my face off.

Brush: Yaqi evil zebra
Razor: Muhle R41
Soap: Arko
Blade: Shark Platinum

Very uncomfortable shave today, first sign of blood tonight small cut on my throat after only 5 shaves, not enjoying this shark blade at all. I think I'll need a shark cage for tomorrow

874D800D-26F9-450F-8CA0-9F79766C39B9.jpeg

🛥⚓🦈 🦈 SHARK WEEK
Shave: 3
Monday July 13 2021
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette tech head with a Karve 3 inch handle.
Blade: Shark Platinum (8)
first use was 8-15-20
Brush: Omaga Boar
2 pass some touch up DFS.
There was no 🩸

Went to see the teenagers. They started to get a little too curious. So I didn’t stick around long.​

167A3368-79DF-4789-BBAC-7F1E886CF907.jpeg

F76FA831-53D9-4D62-ABCE-2166008B8EA0.jpeg
Pre: Proraso blue
Brush: AP Shave Co 2Bed Synth
Lather: PAA CaD
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (2)🦈
Razor: Schick Krona

Another smooth, blood free dance with the toothy titan from the depths. If I didn’t already have LOTS of blades I might considering buying a box.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
654D4A85-DD4D-4075-A68B-C796812C15BF.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapSquadron Soap The Warden, Australia 🇦🇺
BrushBGB Fallen Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorFaTip Grande, Italy 🇮🇹
BladeShark SC, Egypt 🇪🇬
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragrancePAA Gondolier, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9/10

Day 5
Brush: Simpsons Berkeley best badger
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Red Tip
Soap: Williams
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (2nd shave)

This SS Shark blade was just as good for shave 2 as for shave 1. I hadn't used Shark blades for a while, and remember how nice the SS are, and how vicious the SC are. [emoji1655][emoji1655]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

proxy.php

Kept it simple for my second shave of shark week (3 days growth).
Razor: Gamechanger .84
Blade: same shark ss as the first shave this week
Soap: Stirling’s intrepid man
Brush: Stirling’s pro
Came out surprisingly smooth and no irritation/blood in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom