What's new

๐Ÿ’ฅ ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽ† SOTD "New Holiday Gear/Happy New Year Theme Week" - January 1st, 2024 to January 7th, 2024 ๐Ÿ’ฅ ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽ†

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Razor: RazoRock, Game Changer .68-P
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Simpson, Captain 2, Best Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino, Dolomiti Beta 4.0
Post Shave: Duke Cannon, After-Shave Balm
ย 
PXL_20240107_134920772.jpg

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Hot Washcloth
Soap: DFS/Murphy and McNeil/Black Mountain Shaving Horizons in Kodiak Base. First Use
Razor: Edwin Jagger 3one6 SS. First Use
Brush: Muhle STF XL / AP Shave / Shavemac. First Use
Blade: Gillette Platinum 'old' 2019 date on box. First shave
Post: Dickinson's Witch Hazel WITH alcohol (see what my face thought of the shave)
Cerave Moisturizer

Music: KMDH Jazz Radio / Portland OR
Coffee: Camber Coffee / Bellingham WA / Ethiopia Seid Adem Boruu Natural

Close shave. Something in the geometry / exposure demanded much more attention from these shaky hands than my ndc super speed ๐Ÿ˜‚, especially around my chin. Still, drew no blood today. I love both the soap and the brush!! I'll reserve judgment on the EJ until I have more experience with it.
ย 
D63C7A54-1B70-407A-95C5-CA482BF99EAC.jpeg

Razor - Tatara Muramasa Titanium
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - Wald Shaving Princess Peach
Soap and aftershave - Declaration Grooming Princess Peach

Very enjoyable shave this morning with the Muramasa. The lightweight titanium material makes this razor nimble and it feels balanced. Razor is comfortable in the hand and grippy even when hands are wet. Adjustment is very smooth and does not need loosening of the handle to adjust. Setting 5 is the max setting which is perfect for me going with the grain. I use setting 3 for across and against the grain for a BBS shave after passes. The synthetic knot from Wald retains lather very well and is the softest knot Iโ€™ve experienced. Scent of Peaches and Scream is pleasant and about medium strength.
ย 
Sunday Morning Salutations

This Enders Razor fights me every time. Grrrrr. It did not want to work with the Injector Blade this time. I ended up using my Valet VC4 to finish the shave. The Cap just does not hold the Injector at the correct angle. So back to a stropped vintage Enders blade for the next try. My other Enders Razor has no issue with an Injector Blade. Oh well, the things we do for Science. On a more positive note the new Razorock Shave Stick and Omega Brush were BANGER !! Merry Christmas to any Orthodox Friends.

Enders Safety Razor (aka Satan's Tool)
Personna Injector Blade (2X)
RazoRock Green Label Soap Stick
Omega Roma 22mm Synthetic Brush
BRUT Splash On
RazoRock Tuscan Oud Aftershave

A1B8999C-69D9-487C-BD04-D8D4522C9CDF-compressed.jpeg
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave, January 7 2024.

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range. Simple clamping system, small head parts I like to work on a wash cloth for assembly and dismantling. This little razor works well and I receive excellent shaves 95%> of the time.
Blade : Schick proline p30(6) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, nice fragranced soap:001_wub:(Aramis classic cologne) with excellent lather qualities. Master soap creations S.A was commissioned to make their soap and aftershave line.
Brush : Yaqi "Mountain lake) 24mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Great over all badger brush for my shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer rapier splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline blade.
SOTD Januray 7 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Razor: Asylum Injector
Blade: Schick (21)
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Cashmere
Bowl: Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Lather: AOS Bourbon
Aftershave: Bootleggerโ€™s Original Bay Rum

Second use of the new AOS Bourbon. I, again, got more lather than I really needed. Iโ€™ll have to cut back on how much I load next time.

IMG_3120.jpeg
ย 
20230204_082329.jpg

Lather Catcher Sunday, 1st Sunday of the Month

Razor: Ever-Ready 1905 Lather Catcher 24 Blade Set, @GAW9576 handle
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Brush: Rubberset 200-3 TNS Boss knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
ย 
IMG_4385.jpeg

Pre-shave: Warm water rinse
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Soap: GD Amare (Mallard โ€˜23)
BADGERary: Zenith 507BC Manchurian
Post Shave: Alum
Balm: Stirling Unscented
And a splash of The Veg

The soap and brush are later purchases in 2023. I almost passed on the Amare. Iโ€™m glad I didnโ€™t.
ย 
2024-01-0(6-7) N sotd.jpeg

Brush ... Morris & Forndran CHS (26mm) Super Hybrid
Soap .... AION Skincare Vetiver (Maxima)
Razor ... Enders Speed Shaver w Mild Hendrix Adapter, Proline B-20
Post .... Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Toner
Post .... CeraVe Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Post .... Seven Minerals Aloe Vera Gel
Finish .. Castle Forbes Vetiver Special Reserve EDP
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom