What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

First time using the Shark Super Stainless blade and based on just one use, it is the best blade of the bunch.
Have to choose a new blade for today's shave. Your statement makes me really wonder if I just should stick with the Super Stainless, which do suit my needs well. Didn’t like the shaves the Platinum provided, earlier this year, so I had PIFed them. Now there are quite a few brothers who reported bloody nicks after using the Super Chrome... #scratching my head

Shark Week Shave #4

Shark SS blade (4)
Wolfman WR1 razor
Simpsons Duke 2 best badger brush
Haslinger’s schafmilch (the old ‘tallow’ so trying to minimize my risk)
Fine lavender pour homme splash

Nice shave (9/10) with NO blood today!! :a29:

Z-1 Super-Speed
Shark SS (4)
Yaqi Cashmere
Zingari Man Navigator
Spieck
Stirling Bergamot & Lavender balm

3 easy passes. Smooth sailing. One dorsal fin. No blood.

IMG_0412.jpg

20210713_085035.jpg

Razor: Barbasol Bakelite handle, NFH
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
7rcI8LQjCQgg0.gif

Wednesday July 14th (Headshave)

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable @7
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (3)
Brush: Yaqi Aqua High Mountain Badger
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Proraso Green

IMG-2964.jpg

No blood in the water...
But not a comfortable shave.
Will give the blade one more go tomorrow for my faceshave

7-14-21.JPG

Razor: Vintage Bakelite Slant
Blade: Shark SS(2)
Soap : Yardley
Brush: Shavemac 2-band
AS : Speick

Best Shark shave so far...smooth and easy again today...closer shave up to normal DFS expectations.
When reaching for the aftershave one weeper appeared out of nowhere like a Dorsal fin in the surf and vanished just as quickly.

Have to choose a new blade for today's shave. Your statement makes me really wonder if I just should stick with the Super Stainless, which do suit my needs well. Didn’t like the shaves the Platinum provided, earlier this year, so I had PIFed them. Now there are quite a few brothers who reported bloody nicks after using the Super Chrome... #scratching my head
I agree. The platinum and chrome were bad for me but the stainless steel seem much smoother. Still not as sharp as I like

Fayiz D.

Shark Week 2021 Shave #4

Razor: RazoRock JAWS .84
Blade: Shark SC (4)
Soap : 345 Shark Bite
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
AS : 345 Shark Bite

Blood in the Water!!!
Shark jumped out of the water and got me twice today. Maybe the soap I used today had something to do with it too. :boat:

345SC0625.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This is my first attempt with a Shark blade. It's the Chrome one. Not bad. It's a camping shave, so I've gone back to some old school mediocre gear for this one. So it's not a fair test. But it seemed to work well under the circumstances. Smooth. No drama. I will have to try this in some of my top shelf razors when I get home. But that will be after Shark Week is over. I need a bigger boat. 🤪😃

20210714_193815.jpg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
With the mayor busy saying every fish caught was the sharko whether or not it was a shark our hero's decided to put to sea themselves on board the Arko to catch the sharko. Having loaded up on shaving supplies and a few weapons in case they did run into the sharko they set sail. The heroic trio trek around the ocean chucking fish in the water (never a good idea when there's a maneating shark about) the beast shows itself. With Brody wishing he was on a battleship Hooper amazed at the size of it and Quint seeing dollar signs the manage to attach 3 barrels of Arko the sharko manages to pull them under the water.

Today's shave

Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2 band badger
Razor: Fatip piccolo
Soap: Arko
Blade: Shark Platinum

For tonight's shave I went back to the Yaqi Moka Express because I like the feel of it and it uses up more soap than any of my other brushes. The piccolo was a good choice of razor and gave a decent shave despite the poor performance of the blade

Shark Super Chrome (5) in a Yaqi Slant

Today's shave (about 14 hours ago) was seemingly uneventful but when I examined my face closely afterward, there were two tiny weepers at the corner of my mouth. I don't remember ever being "bit by a shark" before, so I blame it on the Yaqi.

The remedy? I slapped a hard dose of @OkieStubble's Bootlegger's El Dorado, because surely sharks are afraid of John Wayne, aren't they? If I were a shark, Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider would not faze me at all. But the Duke, that's a whole 'nother story. El Dorado has some healing powers, because I couldn't see any evidence of shark bite just a few hours later.

Thu 15 Sharko SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade Shark Super Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
Sharko! It's just amazing this simple soap stick! The qualities of the lather just amazed me every time...rich creamy and very slick lather! The scent is pleasant too!
Sharko! Continuing with Shark Week 5th shave. Very nice, enjoyable, smooth, and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish with this razor and blade combination! Aftershaves were just as good!
20210715_093858.jpg

Brush: TGN Black Badger 24mm
Razor: Yaqi katana
Soap: Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Forgot about shark week For this mondays previous shave. I thought I didn't like sharks, maybe it's the 1/2 blade DE razor, but this shark was super smooth. I did get careless and thought this was one of those blades that would be hard to cut myself with and barely nicked my adams apple, but that was it.

Top Bottom