16/07/2021

Sharko #6

Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Shark Super Stainless (6)
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega Wild Hog
Post - Witch Hazel/Barts Balm Sample H
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

Today's shave was the best one with the Shark SS blade, odd considering it was the 6th shave on the blade.

Well, I'm kinda late to the party... but I'm in.

I noticed the thread title a few times but didn't pay attention. Then I remembered that Anthony @rabidus had PIFd me a load of blades to trial years ago... and I was sure there was a Shark in there that I hadn't got to.

A quick look through my TRIAL BLADES tin,
View attachment 1297265
and there it was. A singular Shark Super Chrome. :001_smile

Shark Week SOTD
SOTD-L-R_2021-07-15.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (1)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

The new blade felt a bit strange to start with… but then it realized it had joined a superb team and played a blinder just like its new teammates.

With the change of soap, back to my favorite TFS Mandarino Tachibana, I thought I'd give my magical Semogue Mistura a well deserved rest and give my red Shavemac a place on the team. Wow! Fabulous! The red Shavemac's moved into the favorite brush spot again.
I couldn't wish for a better team... shucks, I wonder if @Raven Koenes Rave's been influencing me subliminally again. :laugh: :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Not having used this blade before, I was careful. Thankfully I got a BBS shave with no blood in the water.

Bearing in mind that all razor blades are sharp I'll (hopefully) continue to enjoy myself while treading carefully. :letterk1:

Welcome aboard!

Well, I'm kinda late to the party... but I'm in.

I noticed the thread title a few times but didn't pay attention. Then I remembered that Anthony @rabidus had PIFd me a load of blades to trial years ago... and I was sure there was a Shark in there that I hadn't got to.

A quick look through my TRIAL BLADES tin,
View attachment 1297265
and there it was. A singular Shark Super Chrome. :001_smile

Shark Week SOTD
SOTD-L-R_2021-07-15.jpg

Blade: Shark Super Chrome (1)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

The new blade felt a bit strange to start with… but then it realized it had joined a superb team and played a blinder just like its new teammates.

With the change of soap, back to my favorite TFS Mandarino Tachibana, I thought I'd give my magical Semogue Mistura a well deserved rest and give my red Shavemac a place on the team. Wow! Fabulous! The red Shavemac's moved into the favorite brush spot again.
I couldn't wish for a better team... shucks, I wonder if @Raven Koenes Rave's been influencing me subliminally again. :laugh: :letterk1:

Not having used this blade before, I was careful. Thankfully I got a BBS shave with no blood in the water.

Bearing in mind that all razor blades are sharp I'll (hopefully) continue to enjoy myself while treading carefully. :letterk1:

Welcome aboard!

Shark Week - Shave #6 - Shark Chrome

Equipment:
Merkur 20C, Shark Chrome (2), PdP Bergamot & Thyme, GrayDog GreyWolf Brush

The Shave: It's a delicate dance with the Shark Chrome, but, being careful, I've managed a couple of nice, blood-free shaves. Reading some of the above posts is starting to get me nervous that I'm on the upcoming menu.

Shark Week - Shave #6 - Shark Chrome

Equipment:
Merkur 20C, Shark Chrome (2), PdP Bergamot & Thyme, GrayDog GreyWolf Brush

The Shave: It's a delicate dance with the Shark Chrome, but, being careful, I've managed a couple of nice, blood-free shaves. Reading some of the above posts is starting to get me nervous that I'm on the upcoming menu.

+1! You are ‘on the upcoming menu.’ Those Sharks are HUNGRY!! :letterk1: :letterk1: :letterk1: :letterk1:

1626454210514.png

Brush: Omega 10098
Soap: Proraso green (tub)
Razor: Gillette (UK) 500HD
Blade: Shark SS (5)

Brush: Jayaruh Synthetic
Soap: Nivea Gel
Razor: Gillette (UK) 500HD
Blade: Shark SS (6)

Yesterday was hectic so I missed a post. Today looks to be much the same.

Starting with shave #5, I switched to the opposite edge from the one I used for the first four shaves.
It didn't seem to make much difference. Both shaves were DFS on 3 passes & clean-up buffing.
Just smooth, comfortable shaves, almost routine. Perhaps these blades are the victims of slander?
They seem nice enough to me.

20210715_082842.jpg

Razor: Gillette Heritage + 1918 Old Type head
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Jayaruh #163 White Queen in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
41fVADWFuH310BFLvt.gif

00F0E5F4-DDC5-4E7D-A488-5C8C59B660E5.jpeg

🛥⚓🦈 🦈 SHARK WEEK
Shave: 4
Monday July 14 2021
Soap: Cella tub
Razor: Fatip Piccolo Gentile
Blade: Shark Platinum (8)
first use was 8-15-20
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger 24 mm Fan Knot
2 pass some touch up DFS.
There was some🩸

I’m starting to think that you have to watch out for those sharks.​

Shark Week SOTD
SOTD-L-Y_2021-07-16.jpg

Blade: Shark Super Chrome (2)
ASL: Clubman

A super shave. :biggrin:
Again, the whole team performed great… which obviously means "watch out" or I'll be caught off guard. 🦈 :devil:

ShArko Shave Day 6 🦈 Well two very mild weepers today. Nothing painful, and stopped right away with the alum block, but technically, blood in the water. Sounds like a Bob Dylan song 🤣

It’s FaTip Friday so used a Piccolo today with a Shark SC. Sir Arko was along for the ride and built my lather with a Yaqi 24mm Silvertip. Overall a good shave. Finished it off with some Tabac EdC.

6AD3CFDB-2E98-4888-B0D4-B0331F7E032A.jpeg
DF0D72FF-FA90-4196-8658-12AD9C48D7A2.jpeg

Top Bottom