Twenty-fifth use in August:

Preshave: Hot washcloth, KoS Blue oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Men-U boar
Razors:
GC.84, Astra SP #1
GC.68, Boots #1
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase lotion.

Fresh blades, fresh preshave, and got a near-BBS. Made some progress with the neck ATG angle.

I think the German-made "Boots" blades are Personnas, packaged as the UK high street brand. They are just as good as the older made-in-Israel Personnas.

My home-made Arko puck is concave, but I haven't hit the bottom of the container yet, despite the running-in boar eating soap.

There's probably another month's-worth in there.

Twenty-fifth use in August:

Preshave: Hot washcloth, KoS Blue oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Men-U boar
Razors:
GC.84, Astra SP #1
GC.68, Boots #1
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase lotion.

Fresh blades, fresh preshave, and got a near-BBS. Made some progress with the neck ATG angle.

I think the German-made "Boots" blades are Personnas, packaged as the UK high street brand. They are just as good as the older made-in-Israel Personnas.

My home-made Arko puck is concave, but I haven't hit the bottom of the container yet, despite the running-in boar eating soap.

There's probably another month's-worth in there.
It’s a known fact Arko has regenerative abilities. Just when you think you must be done with it, the Arko man says, nope there’s still more here!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
520253CB-F6A0-41F0-A08F-5440022B0AFB.jpeg

31st of August here in Australia. Another Arko August done and dusted.

It was an Arko Sharko shave this morning. Used the mighty Arko stick and face lathered for the first pass then on to the bowl for the rest. Great shave!

Omega 10049 boar brush. Love this brush. WCS 175s handle with WCS OC head and a Shark Super Chrome blade. Finished off with a few splashes of Clubman. Bam!

View attachment 1146273View attachment 1146274
I love the omega too, for a whole year whenever i used mine I used it exclusively with arko, its a beautiful face lathering brush.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Omega Proraso Pro
Lather: Arko Stick
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum

This was my first shave with a Fat Boy. I was... underwhelmed. I’d been wanting to try one for a while, and when I saw one on BST for a song I jumped all over it. This was a pretty good shave. I got a near-BBS shave with minimal effort, and with my usual two passes (WTG, ATG) plus touch up, but while the results were good, the journey was a bit ‘meh’. It wasn’t super comfortable, and the razor kept clogging. I had this same problem with a slim I used to have. Was hoping the ‘boy would be different, but alas...

It’s not that the fat boy is bad, but with my Merkurs I consistently get comfortable, out of this world, BBS shaves that feel like I’m getting my whiskers licked off by buttered puppies. I just don’t see why I would settle for anything less than that. I’ll probably end up either PIFing or trading it soon.

4CA9FF5E-7822-4638-A276-D8E916B17FFE.jpeg

31/8/20

Soap - Arko Puck
Brush - Yaqi Faux Horse knot/ Rainbow Handle
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Zorrik Titanium (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

Last shave of the month and thereby my last Arko August shave. I've not used it for every shave this month but still used it for about half my shaves this month. It's been a very educational experience, my lathers with my first Arko puck weren't the best and at the start of the month they also weren't fantastic but once I got to grips with lathering a hard puck it was almost impossible to not just get a bad lather but an exceptional lather. To reflect the sentiments of many here, irrespective of it's price it's one of the finest performing soaps I own, I'm almost ashamed it took me this long to appreciate it but it's better late than not at all.
Thanks to all those who have contributed, it's been a very enjoyable thread to follow.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Final day of Arko August, and it's a GEMonday, and I haven't used a straight in a while, so it's a Daily Double....so there was a lot going on with this shave, but the Arko stepped up and I had a great shave. Here are the deets and the pic: Arko was lathered with a RazoRock Beehive 28mm Plissoft (not pictured), and the razors were the GEM Featherweight (Gen 1, non-deluxe) and a Gold Dollar straight.
proxy.php

This was my first Arko August, and while I was an occasional user throughout the month, I REALLY enjoyed the "occasions"!!!

Day 31:

Gillette Heritage Reissue
Polsilver SI
Simpson's Wee Scot in Best
ARKO
Dickenson's Witch Hazel
Pinaud Gent's Gin

This was my final shave for ARKO August. It was fun reminding myself why I joined the Cult of ARKO years ago. It really is one of the best soaps available at any price.. Now, if we are serious about a sweet September, I have some TOBS Lemon and Lime, and Grapefruit to use as well as my own Frangipani and Ylang Ylang home made soaps...
proxy.php

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

31/8/20

Soap - Arko Puck
Brush - Yaqi Faux Horse knot/ Rainbow Handle
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Zorrik Titanium (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

Last shave of the month and thereby my last Arko August shave. I've not used it for every shave this month but still used it for about half my shaves this month. It's been a very educational experience, my lathers with my first Arko puck weren't the best and at the start of the month they also weren't fantastic but once I got to grips with lathering a hard puck it was almost impossible to not just get a bad lather but an exceptional lather. To reflect the sentiments of many here, irrespective of it's price it's one of the finest performing soaps I own, I'm almost ashamed it took me this long to appreciate it but it's better late than not at all.
Thanks to all those who have contributed, it's been a very enjoyable thread to follow.
Well said!

Top Bottom