Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August
IMG_20220817_115329.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Tiger Platinum(2)
Soap: RR Emperor
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

Tonight time to try the Platinum with the Rockwell and Emperor. Without a doubt the Platinum is a smoother blade than the Super Stainless although I do tend to prefer Platinum blades instead of stainless blades with the exception of Astra's where the SS blade is king.
The shave was with the Emperor was, once again a massive improvement over the Agrumella of Tuesday. RR makes good soap but unfortunately not in my top tier of soap. There was no irritation and a BBS finish, so all you would want in a blade.

AAA 19th

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley (plate C)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: TOBS Royal Forest cream
Aftershave: TOBS Royal Forest splash, Nivea Sensitive Skin balm
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver

I did not Aventus at all yesterday. Today’s shave was very pleasant, smooth, and Royal Forest totally delivered again, both on shave feel and scent.

AAA 19th

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley (plate C)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: TOBS Royal Forest cream
Aftershave: TOBS Royal Forest splash, Nivea Sensitive Skin balm
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver

I did not Aventus at all yesterday. Today’s shave was very pleasant, smooth, and Royal Forest totally delivered again, both on shave feel and scent.
How do you like the TOBS RF AS splash? It doesn’t contain alcohol, does it?

How do you like the TOBS RF AS splash? It doesn’t contain alcohol, does it?
I love it. And you are correct, it doesn’t contain alcohol. It’s exactly the same consistency as the Jermyn Street splash, also comes with an atomizer (which I still don’t understand how I’m supposed to use it for my face…). It’s a little thicker than the regular splashes we’re used to, but thinner than a balm. Very very nice feel, hydrating and nourishing.

The scent is heavenly, possibly my favorite take on the Aventus theme (more Aventus-y than the cream too). Up front it’s pretty strong, but it doesn’t taper off like regular fragrance. It’s there, and then it’s completey gone. Which is what you want from an aftershave anyway.

All in all, a superb complement to the shaving cream, and perfect if you want to avoid the harshness of the alcohol in the Fine Platinum splash.

I love it. And you are correct, it doesn’t contain alcohol. It’s exactly the same consistency as the Jermyn Street splash, also comes with an atomizer (which I still don’t understand how I’m supposed to use it for my face…). It’s a little thicker than the regular splashes we’re used to, but thinner than a balm. Very very nice feel, hydrating and nourishing.

The scent is heavenly, possibly my favorite take on the Aventus theme (more Aventus-y than the cream too). Up front it’s pretty strong, but it doesn’t taper off like regular fragrance. It’s there, and then it’s completey gone. Which is what you want from an aftershave anyway.

All in all, a superb complement to the shaving cream, and perfect if you want to avoid the harshness of the alcohol in the Fine Platinum splash.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It appears I have to give this product a try in the foreseable future 😀
Thanks for enabling! 😉

F7216668-9A96-4DEC-89FB-E469FE3443FD.jpeg

Prep: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser used w/ a Clarisonic Mia Men

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Razor: Gillette Milord 1946

Brush: Yaqi - Purple Haze (synthetic)
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. - Executive Man

Aftershave: Pinaud - Clubman Special Reserve

After recently moving I've found a bit of inspiration to go through my razor collection, pull them out of boxes, clean them and use them.

This is my the first time using both this razor and brush. The brush I acquired last Monday the 15th of August. I have to say, I bought it because I loved it aesthetically but after using it, I love it even more. It's very soft on the face and quite luxurious.

The razor was fun to use. After three passes though I had a strong urge to chase a bbs. I had to do a fair bit of spot treatment but so be it.

All in all I achieved a bbs but with a little extra effort and time. I'm not complaining though. Time spent shaving is time spent not doing something else. 😏

Shave on gentlemen.

08/19/22

Preshave: Luke warm shower
Brush: RV Shaving Contributors brush 26mm Shavemac bulb
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Platinum
Bowl: Face Lathered
Razor: 1959 Fatboy W9-X5-A2
Blade: Vintage Schick Stainless Steel Krona edges (3)
Splash: Fine Platinum
Balm: Fine Platinum + Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Frag: Fine Platinum
Rating: 9.8 DFS+

Great shave

It was a hot one for shave #8 of the AAA Event ‘22. Ordered the Flexi Pearl (used from Murphy & McNeil) once again as I thought that maybe I didn’t give it a fair shake the first time I had it some time ago. Threw in a Feather and it obliged with a nice shave, not a BBS finish but, DFS for sure. Give it a go for a couple weeks and see. Executive Man was up to the task in both soap & splash today. Great lather and a great finish on the skin to tighten up them pores. A frosty brew or two with my barbecue, bed and work tomorrow.

Great shaves to all…

12A5EA4B-1C46-461E-BAB9-B7927A3F715B.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August
IMG_20220819_135631_1.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Tiger Superior Stainless(2)
Soap: SV Opuntia
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF with bog oak handle

Tonight it is the turn of SV Opuntia, SV is easily my favourite manufacturer and I find it gives me a superior shave plus I love the scents. The Kosmo is my favourite brush for face lathering and I always look forward to using it.
The shave was excellent, but not incredible, but even with a top soap this blade is not the most comfortable, but it didn't leave me with irritation. Still a near BBS was a good result.

🍍 AAA - Day 19/20🍍

20220819_193942-01.jpeg

I'm cathing up with a very late Friday shave, which ended past midnight.
It's been a beautiful and very efficient shave with the gorgeous smelling Olympus combo.

I choose the Dart for another run. She mowed down 1.5 days worth of growth like nobody's business, true BBS.

For this shave I tried a steep angle, which is a generally recommended by many Dart users - just to find out that a more neutral angle of attack suits me way better. Every face is different? *Check*
I nicked me once on the chin, but the bloody spot dissappeared as soon as I applied the AS. Other than that no blemishes showed up.

Happy 🍍 shaves!

Top Bottom