What's new

🍍 ALL AVENTUS AUGUST 🍍The 2022 Edition!🍍

Soap - Sterling Executive Man
Brush - Grizzly Bay 26mm Fanchurian
Razor - Gillette New LC
Blade - Tiger Carbon Steel (1)
Aftershave - Sterling Executive Man
Scraped out the last of this soap from it's tub and moved it into my lather bowl. Easier to load the brush this way. Two maybe three shaves left. Plenty of the aftershave left, about half gone. That tiger blade was a little rough but it is Tiger week 😀
full

Soap - Sterling Executive Man
Brush - Grizzly Bay 26mm Fanchurian
Razor - Gillette New LC
Blade - Tiger Carbon Steel (1)
Aftershave - Sterling Executive Man
Scraped out the last of this soap from it's tub and moved it into my lather bowl. Easier to load the brush this way. Two maybe three shaves left. Plenty of the aftershave left, about half gone. That tiger blade was a little rough but it is Tiger week 😀
full

Date:15.08.2022 Mow Monday
Focused participations:15/31 Days in GRUME (48.38% completed, still in and fought off several itches)
225/227 in 365 days of shaving (99.11%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Razorine Flatboy /w KCG handle
Blade:Gillette 365 (5)
Brush:Omega Proraso Boar
Soap:The AlphaMen 2.0
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Proraso Green (A/S)
Executive Man (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
XTG (W-E) | Slightly Gillette Slant
Touch up pass on the jawline
Efficiency:7/10 (25 minutes)
Quality:8/10 (One weeper)
Comfort:10/10 (Super comfortable)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)
The Flatboy delivered today with a two pass no ATG needed BBS ending.

Notes from today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11887650

5786F742-D90B-4B54-9552-1822DED00715.jpeg

Prep: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser used w/ a Clarisonic Mia Men

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Razor: Gillette Gold Super Adjustable 109

Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man

Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla (my favorite of the entire Pinaud line)

🍍 AAA - Day 15🍍

20220815_100544-01-01.jpeg

We are almost halfway done, Gents!
Time flies... I may take the time to thank you all for your contributions here in All Aventus August! 😀

Today, I had a very satisfying shave with the '47 Aristocrat, a very generous gift recently made to me by @Curly Straight. The razor was loaded with a fresh Schick Super Stainless Steel blade.

DFS+ in two passes. Nice, efficient enough and easy on the skin. The fresh blade truly made a significant difference today.

And I really enjoyed WSP Olympus today. That’s some pretty good stuff.👍

FOTD: the real deal.

Happy🍍shaves!

Last edited:
08/15/22

Preshave: Luke warm shower
Brush: 28mm Shavemac 2 band in a Graydog handle
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Classic Platinum tallow puck
Bowl: Face Lathered
Razor: Gillette British Aristocrat No 15 OC 1st gen
Blade: Vintage Schick Stainless Steel Krona edges (2)
Splash: Fine Platinum
Balm: Fline Platinum, Neutragena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Frag: Fine Platinum
Rating: DFS+ 9.8

Great shave with great gear.

AAA 16th

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley (plate C)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: TOBS Royal Forest cream
Aftershave: TOBS Royal Forest splash, Nivea Sensitive Skin balm
Fragrance: Hermes H24

Another superb shave, no cuts no drama. After all this time though, I’m still not 100% sure about H24. It’s pleasant enough but I still don’t understand it.

decided to keep this Ti .68 OC around was planning on moving on but I just love it to much and so comfy and great shave with the best audio feedback of all my razors :)

For sure makes me want to more back and forth with the Wolfman but I think this is why maybe just keep both and try not to decide and enjoy both :)

do want to try to trade off my other 68 plates and get a 95 to try though

still IMHO one of the best looking razors
nacet was on its 4th and last shave !

I do think the PAA works well but not quite what my SV does and the downside for me not sure if its the hard water or what but leaves that white film on my handles and inside the bowl not a huge deal wipes out easy enough but do not like that :) hhahahahah the neat freak side of me says NO so its going in the bin of misfits which is growing which for me is OK so I get more narrowed down to the things I love the most

D79D2A12-5C26-445A-9F55-8C69D1BC449D.jpeg

🍍 AAA - Day 17🍍

20220817_132916-01-01-01.jpeg

I didn't manage to find enough relaxed time for a shave on Tuesday, so I let my stubble grow another day. Not a big deal for my shaver of the day...

Besides, the ASL of Spartacus really is a good skinfood product. Keeps the skin nourished and with a clean, non-greasy finish. I only wished it was a closer dupe of Aventus. But still a good product.

FOTD: Montblanc Explorer EdP.

Hope you had or are going to have some fine 🍍-driven shaves today 😎
Happy 🍍 shaves!

Last edited:
Got on with shave #7 of the AAA Event ‘22. Went with Fine Platinum shave cream & splash. Took out another bottle of the BR Black Walnut Legend as it has a nice similarity to the Fine Platinum scent with a tad sweeter note and musk. Used the Green Cult for the last time with a Bic Chrome Platinum blade on its 3rd use. Glorious shave with a smooth cutting action that was perhaps the best combo of razor & blade in my sampling of it. Fabulous, period.

Great shaves to all…

33D554C8-CBDC-44E0-9511-A7FB4A19E450.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August
IMG_20220817_115317.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Tiger Superior Stainless(2)
Soap: RR Emperor
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

Tonight for the second shave with the Tiger SS I upgraded the soap to RR Emperor. I kept the Rockwell as it usually gives great shaves and seems to work with the two tiger blades.
The shave was much better than the first one with this blade, there was no irritation and although I didn't quite end up with a BBS it was still a great shave. The problem was obviously the Agrumella soap which just wasn't slick enough.
Tomorrow the Tiger Platinum will get the same treatment.

Top Bottom