What's new

🍍 ALL AVENTUS AUGUST 🍍The 2022 Edition!🍍

AAA 12th

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley (plate C)
Blade: Rainbow
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: SV Cubebe
Aftershave: SV Cubebe splash, Nivea Sensitive Skin balm
Fragrance: Lalique Encre Noire

Wow, that Karve+Rainbow combo is knocking em out of the park. I would even go so far as saying these are the best shaves I've ever had with the Karve since I started using it last year. Maybe I just finally "got it", the right angle, pressure, etc.

And yeah, it's a colder, rainy day here, so Encre Noire seemed appropriate.

And I will say, SV Cubebe soap produces my favorite lather out of everything in my collection. That's right, those are strong words (it's a big collection), but I 100% stand by them :D

same photo as the other day because exact same stuff :)
wolfman .95 nacet had its 4th use and gone
this was my 4th use with Ethos touch short on water today so 2nd pass added a touch more and much better does seem to be a little more picky than my SV to soap/water ratio
prefer the Badger Semogue over the synthetic though
think tomorrow going to do some SV with the .95 and a new Nacet and compare the post feel :)

5A7C1160-0022-4E32-9036-3B12A413193C.jpeg

Fine Classic soaps are really great. Lather was perfect. Thin, wet, and, slick. It is a shame they went away. I won’t be purchasing any more of the 21st Century soaps. Ethos F base will take that slot more than likely. I do have two classics in Platinum so that might be a while. Great shave today. Every shave with the Fatboy is efficient and smooth. More efficient and smooth than my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB in the last months. Yes you read correctly I can achieve a closer more comfortable shave with this vintage razor than the WR2. That may mean I need even more practice with my Wolfman and I probably do. But I have used the Wolfman more. YMMV! This is my face and technique here, but, it goes to show expensive does not always give the best shave. I love both razors and am glad to have them.
full

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August
IMG_20220803_114731.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum(14)
Soap: RR Emperor
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

Tonight I went back to Emperor for AAA it was hot enough for an orange shave, but I fancied something Adventusy. A great lather and a great razor added up to a great shave which left me with a near BBS.
I really enjoy using quality products but sometimes though you have all the ingredients you end up with a mess instead of a cake it tonight was a perfect Victoria sponge, if you want a fully iced birthday cake you need to swap RR for SV.

Well, shave #5 for the AAA Event ‘22 is in the books and a real good one to boot. This morning I went with WSP Olympus all around with the soap of the Formula T base (tallow). Excellent performer that builds a luscious and creamy lather that does not feel heavy on the skin yet has this richness and density to it that has to be experienced. Scent wise it has a smokier vibe with more of a roasted smoked pineapple accord. It has some citrus, woods and a musk like undertone that isn’t as bright as some other artisan creations and kind of has that robustness of those Creed Aventus batches pre 2017 especially the 15y coded batches for those that can relate. It runs neck and neck with Ethos Succes just slightly darker but, still an all year type of scent. The a/s splash is wonderful on the skin and the edp just amplifies the whole experience to near perfection. Plus a welcoming cool morning breeze in the mid 60’s today with projected highs in the mid 80’s F with zero humidity, like taking candy from a baby. Again, the Green Cult busted a 2 pass shave that was fantastic. Good blade feel, excellent audible feedback and cutting ability that really puts this razor in the big boy performer group.

Great shaves to all….

92C26290-9A6D-4408-BE53-5C6CDBE0530D.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August
IMG_20220806_140511_1.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum(15)
Soap: SV Opuntia
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF with bog oak handle.

Tonight for both SV Saturday and AAA I picked up the Opuntia from last week, easily my second favourite soap after 70th Anniversary. Opuntia is a more complex scent than Emperor and the soap itself is way ahead of RR in slickness and protection. This shave was purely designed to be a luxury shave, the Kosmo is my favourite brush and feels so soft and, as long as you don't push it into your face, has no scritch to it.
I took my time and ended up with a BBS with very little effort on the 15th shave with the Personna blade. This is my favourite shaving setup and one I don't think I will ever get sick of. Finished with a spritz of my new Davidoff Cool Water.

Forgot to post yesterday’s shave - so a two in one for today, because the setup was basically the same.

Date:14.08.2022
Focused participations:14/31 Days in GRUME (45.2% completed, still in and holding on)
224/226 in 365 days of shaving (99.11%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Gillette Tech
Blade:Gillette 365 (4)
Brush:Blue Aluminum Synthetic
Soap:The AlphaMen 2.0
Bowl:Face lather
Preshave:Cold splasH
Postshave:Proraso Green (A/S)
Proraso Green (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
ATG (S-N) | Slightly Gillette Slant
Touch up pass on the neck
Efficiency:9/10 (15 minutes)
Quality:8/10 (Couple of weepers ATG)
Comfort:10/10 (Super comfortable)
Effectiveness:8.5/10 (DFS+ near BBS)

Notes to both shaves can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11886378 and here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11885979

An easy Sunday morning for shave #6 of the AAA ‘22 Event. Decided to go all RR with the exception of the Ethos First Lather stick which by the way is a superb lather enhancing product and is awesome for the skin with it’s natural ingredients. Emperor from RR is actually a really nice scent and within the realm of that Aventus signature scent vibe. The soap is a bit subdued but, the splash kicks in a bit to bring one flashes and nice whiffs of the infamous elixir. The King was the finishing touch on the scent story. Again, the Green Cult was on the business end today with the same Gillette Yellow Sharp Edge 7 O’ Clock blade as I’m trying to get as many shaves in with it before it goes back to its owner. 2 passes and the slightest touch up/clean up work around the Adam’s Apple area. Zero, nada, zilch anywhere on my skin and no irritation gremlins to speak of. Fantastically close yet comfortable shave.

Great shaves to all…

ABC378D7-2321-4BC7-823D-9FE4332EBE10.jpeg

AAA 14th

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley (plate C)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: TOBS Royal Forest
Aftershave: Myrsol Plastic Shave splash, Nivea Sensitive Skin balm
Fragrance: Givenchy Gentleman (the old stuff from the 70s)

I realize I logged two entries numbered "12", I guess I really didn't want to fall victim to THE CURSE OF SATURDAY THE THIRTEENTH (look it up, it's a thing).

So today, after a very satisfying headshave (Wahl clippers), I debuted a 7 O'Clock in the Karve. Even smoother than the Rainbow from before.

It had been a while since the last time I broke out a bottle of Myrsol, I love the post shave feel they always provide. And Givenchy Gentleman is legendary as ever :D

Top Bottom