What's new

🍍 ALL AVENTUS AUGUST 🍍The 2022 Edition!🍍

Another half aventus day :)
wish I had the Opuntia so could be a full day !
With SV being my #1 I am trying to narrow down my Wolfman 1.15 vs my .95 so using my #1 soap brand SV 🪒
36721A3A-3270-46AB-8FF1-679F615432C2.jpeg

Shave #9 of the AAA Event ‘22. Early morning shift over and went into shower and shave mode on this hot & humid day in the Northeast US. Pulled out the Spartacus combo of soap and splash from A&E. Though not my favorite in scent and more because I get a bit of a tingling reaction to the soaps ingredients on my skin, it does give a real nice lather with a decent scent. Went again with the Flexi/Feather combo @5 for the whole shave. Nice and comfy though blade feel is more on the tame side, it was enough to get me smooth again.

Great shaves to all…

4CC455E1-0940-4041-91BD-CE47433E70FA.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August
IMG_20220819_135639_1.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Tiger Platinum(2)
Soap: SV Opuntia
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF with bog oak handle

Tonight it was the turn of the Tiger Platinum with the same setup as last night. For SV Saturday I chose Opuntia again as it goes with All Adventus August too.
The setup was fantastic again and offered all the elements of a great shave. The Plat blade whilst more comfortable than the Tiger SS seemed to be less sharp than the first shave with it and to get a near BBS I had to perform a touch up pass on my neck and there was a sting to my spritz of Kolonya. It may be that the Tiger blades are only good for a small number of shaves, but time will tell.

AAA 21st

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Vintage
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: Fine Platinum cream
Aftershave: Fine Platinum splash, Nivea Sensitive Skin balm
Fragrance: Acqua di Gio

Totally slacked off yesterday, so this morning's shave felt really nice. The Wilkinson razor has a so-so head but a great handle, and with the right blade, it can be decent. Which it was today. Also one of the closest shaves in a while, without any cuts, blood or missed spots.

Sunday morning shave and #11 of the AAA Event for ‘22. And another solid shave with the Flexi. Nothing eye opening or jaw dropping that left me dumbfounded. Just a clean, comfortable and drama free shave. Set the Flexi @6 to start & finished @5 for the last pass as the Feather on its 3rd use did very well today and with the WSP Olympus shave cream, the lather, protection and slickness were on point not to mention the scent was primo. The splash added a nice and calming bracing effect on the skin with a light touch of menthol and the CH 212 Men added a very nice dimension with its herbal and fresh like quality. Good start to the day.

Great shaves to all….

7F0DFF39-ABE6-4B3D-96AE-227A947595C6.jpeg

Date:22.08.2022
Focused participations:22/31 Days in GRUME (out at 64.52%)
232/234 in 365 days of shaving (99.11%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:R41
Blade:Gillette 365 (7)
Brush:Omega Super Badger
Soap:The AlphaMen 2.0
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Proraso Green (A/S)
Executive Man (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
XTG (W-E) | Slightly Gillette Slant
Touch up: ATG (N-S) | Alternating Gillette Slant
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:9/10 (Tiny weeper)
Comfort:10/10 (Superb)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)
Notes:
Splendid shave with the R41. Two passes to the marble kingdom - some hairs remaining in the moustache area as I did not want to go ATG there.

Shave #12 for the AAA Event of ‘22. Ethos is my favorite by far but, I wanted to give some love to the Fine Platinum edt Which hasn’t been used much. The shave was quite good today with a fresh Feather installed. Started at 6 then down to about 4.5 for the final and 3rd pass. The harshness of the Feather is actually kept to a minimum in the Flexi which is a nice attribute for this razor. Another solid shave in the books.

Great shaves to all….

FFD28A8D-F67E-40CF-A04A-19DBEA7187FD.jpeg

🍍 AAA - Day 23🍍
20220821_191109-01-01.jpeg
No, I just can't shave mindless with this razor (as yet). It needs the operator to be focused. But it's been a good shave, though. Caught a few weepers on the lower neck. Price to pay if you are in a hurry!

Fortunate me, Mr. FINE took care!
Great (smelling) stuff...

Happy 🍍 shaves!

Last edited:
61E6A43F-1D92-4FBC-AA03-A4B7EF7DC253.jpeg

Aventus August / Tech Tuesday / Anglophile Week

Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Razor: Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech 1973 (T4) w/ stamped head logo

Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze (synthetic)
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man

Post: Dickinson's Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Sport
Finish: Penhaligon's

I don't have many English items in my home and that's a shame. I most certainly should have more English razors. I'm still pulling all of my razors out and assessing what I have so I may just find some. I've been cleaning up about one razor a day so we'll see soon enough.

As far as this Tech goes. It's a no-brainer, easy-peasy, whisker whacker. I did a three pass shave including against the grain and legitimately achieved a bbs shave.

My new Yaqi synthetic is continuing to please me with its ultra soft tips. The sickness and scent of the Stirling soap are always top-notch. The witch hazel is new. I chose it because of the added menthol and eucalyptus. It's not strong by any means but it's a nice addition none the less. Last but not least, I threw on a healthy dose of some good ol' Aqua Velva Ice Sport. Nice alcohol sting and fresh scent to get my day started. Or at least get me to my first cup of coffee 😏

Happy shaving gentlemen.

Last edited:
Shave #13 of the AAA Event ‘22. Sellout with the honors today and again with the Pearl Flexi executing the cutting orders paired with a second use Feather. This soap is a killer in performance. Copious amounts of lather with barely half of an almond sized dollop of soap. Post shave feel is something else as well. The Lime & Nutmeg from 4711 is just a super refreshing scent after a shower & shave especially with the heat.

Great shaves to all….

7CBC0C27-775C-480E-AFDF-64842B47C224.jpeg

AAA 23nd

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Vintage
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: Stirling Executive Man soap
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger splash
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Carbon

Last shave with this razor setup, good riddance. Even if I managed not to cut myself too much, it still leaves my face super irritated post shave. I’m gonna play it safe with the Edwin Jagger starting tomorrow.

Date:24.08.2022
Focused participations:24/31 Days in GRUME (out at 64.52%)
234/236 in 365 days of shaving (99.11%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Fatip Special Edition OC
Blade:King C. Gillette (20)
Brush:Omega Proraso
Soap:The AlphaMen 2.0
Bowl:Face lather
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Floïd The Genuine (A/S)
Executive Man(Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
XTG (W-E) | Slightly Gillette Slant
ATG (N-S) | Alternating Gillette Slant
Efficiency:8/10 (little over 20 minutes)
Quality:9/10 (Tiny weeper)
Comfort:10/10 (Superb)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)
Notes:
Wonderful shave with the Fatip. Mild yet efficient.

Link to today’s shave:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11900049

Last edited:
Top Bottom