What's new

🍍ALL AVENTUS AUGUST🍍THE 2023 EDITION 🍍

🍍 Let's do it again... third time's a charm!🍍

20230526_100244-01-01.jpeg

Some B&B Brothers are dedicating the month of August to Arko... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: For the rest of us B&B brothers who haven't quite lost our sense of smell*, here's an alternative to enjoy August shaves a lot more!

🍍All Aventus August - the 2023 edition!🍍

The approach is simple - but divine. For the entire month of August I'm going to pick shaving soaps/creams which duplicate the scent of Creed Adventus, paired with some matching after shaves.

Everyone is invited to join in and post their impressions and Shave Of The Day photos - every now and then, weekwise or even on a daily basis. Every AAA contribution counts... even if you decide to join late... 😀

🍍 The 2023 edition of AAA starts on August, 1st. 🍍

Let's give the good stuff some spins...
So - who's in?

(I'll open a list in the next post, just copy & paste the list and add your name... )

*Just kidding. Almost :biggrin:

Last edited:
Why not? Good way to use up some Cedrat Boise, Club de Nuit and Al Haramain L’Aventure fragrances and A&E Spartacus and Stirling Executive Man soaps. 👍

1) JAHE
2) SharpieB
3)
4)
5)
6)

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I'll have another go

1) JAHE
2) SharpieB
3) GlazedBoker
4) Cino
5) haggis — now and then
6) Time Bandit
7) Mike M - now and then

I was wondering when this would be up. Thanks again for hosting @JAHE !

1) JAHE
2) SharpieB
3) GlazedBoker
4) Cino
5) haggis — now and then
6) Time Bandit
7) Mike M - now and then
8) Guido75
9)

OK I will be in for a couple of them as I test some soaps sadly less than I would like to :)
but it is my favorite scent :) ahhhhhhhhh
one day I will get the real thing also as I have had samples and performs very well on me I must say !
Till then the homage or clones will do just fine and sometimes that variance is also kinda fun

1) JAHE
2) SharpieB
3) GlazedBoker
4) Cino
5) haggis — now and then
6) Time Bandit
7) Mike M - now and then
8) Guido75
9) CKMaui

Does the original have black or white hair? :em3200:

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
I'm not a fragrance expert by any means but if I'm not mistaken the design has seen changes in course of the years.

If you are in the market for buying this fragrance I'd advise you to buy from a reputated vendor only. Whenever an offer in the wild seems to be too good to be true, it most likely is... 😉

Cheers!

I've only got 3 shaves in on my Executive Man soap and splash, and I just got a bottle of Club De Nuit. I'm new to the scent but I'm in love.

I'll definitely be back in here in August. Looking forward to some pictures and comments from everyone!

Happy Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Date
365 daily shaves
213/365
GRUME August
01/31
SOTMC
01/31
Blade Biter’s Archive04/32

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless Ti95 SCL*Rhino (2+3)Zenith 502B XSE
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm
* OEM Handle

PassesWTG XTG ATG
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)9/10 (neck irritation)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
7/10 (DFS)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes to this shave:

General - Aventus August is upon us! I almost forgot what a wonderful soap this is. Excellent face and head shave today.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

20230731_192417-01-01.jpeg

I'm kicking off AAA 2023 with Stirling's Creed dupe "Executive Man", a fruity interpretation of the Aventus theme. The soap provided a lot of cushion and smelled devine. Just a minor burn of the AS.

Overall: an excellent, close BBS shave. 🍍👍

Matching fragrance: the real deal!

All Aventus August ‘23

Taking my best Ladies out to dinner. No better way than to bring out “The King” accompanied by some of the best from Ethos, Succes. Just a smooth BBS finish with the Yaqi Brass TFC paired with a Gillette Minora and just feeling, smelling like a Million Buck$!!!

Go get’em Gents…..

D2FFCDF2-628F-4AAA-B154-D25B247E65A3.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230801_114227.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#212 of 365 (100% 153 left)
All Aventus August (In and Out)
Arko August (No Arko No Way)

Arko:
Aventus: 1
Other: 0

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Rapira Supersteel(4)
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra
Soap: RR Emperor
A/S: Old Spice
Moisturizer: Cera Ve

Tonight for the first shave of Arko August I of course decided to use RR Emperor (come on, what did you expect, it's me we're talking about here) chalk up one for AAA. This soap is on my 3017 list for a while and I intend to use AAA as an excuse to start my 3017 effort. I will also dip into my tallow MWF and hope to finish it soon.
I wasn't convinced the Rapira could dull as quickly as I was told, but here I am 4 shaves in with a DFS, which I wouldn't expect for at least another 3 or 4 shaves. I will give it one more chance and if it fails to perform next shave I will bin it.
I also tried a sample of Cera Ve moisturizer, it smells like the aftersun cream my parents used to put on me when I was a kid, but at least it reminds me of the seaside. I still prefer the Nivea Hyaluron though.

Top Bottom